• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S release date (November 10) and price finally revealed($299 - $499)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It has long been rumored that Microsoft is working on two Xbox consoles for next-gen, aiming to claim both ends of the market. And now, we can confirm indeed that the pricing scheme should be very familiar, matching that of the Xbox One X and Xbox One S of yesteryear.

We can confirm via our sources that the entry-level Xbox Series S will cost $299 at retail, with a $25 per month Xbox All Access financing option, which Microsoft is planning to push hard via various retailers and a large global rollout. The more powerful Xbox Series X will cost $499, with a $35 per month Xbox All Access financing option.

Both consoles will launch on November 10, 2020.

go here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/windowscentral-series-x-499-series-s-299-november-10th-launch-date.1564835/

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Welp, ps5 549 then.

Chun Swae

Banned
Based on the history of PS4 and PS4 Pro pricing which launched at 399, PS5 could very well launch at 399 with the Digital Edition being 349 or lower. I'm sure Cerny went fast and narrow with the APU for a reason, just like he said why the SSD is 825 GB instead of 1TB because they wanted to hit a certain price point (399). PS4 will also get a price drop next gen as well, so honestly Sony is in the perfect position right now.

Ar¢tos

Mini-fridge, Bluetooth speaker or the router?
The lack of inspiration for console design this time is sad.

If Sony does the ps5d for 399, it kinda makes the XSS pointless.
For 100$ more you can get something with more than double the power that targets 4k.

DavidGzz

Mini-fridge, Bluetooth speaker or the router?
The lack of inspiration for console design this time is sad.

If Sony does the ps5d for 399, it kinda makes the XSS pointless.
For 100$ more you can get something with more than double the power that targets 4k.

Doubtful it will be $399. If so, MS MUST meet them and the S would be $249 at most. Maybe that's why that image advised estimated price. In that scenario MS will answer with a $399 XSX even if it costs them. Just my opinion. I don't think MS will allow a $100 gap this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom