• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X and S Sold an Estimated 1.2 to 1.4 Million Units on Launch Day

It’s significantly a lot more than Xbox One day one sales which is what matters when you’re looking for growth.
I wouldn't say it's a lot more when Xbox One sold more than a milion consoles in 24 hours launchin exclusively in North - America and tiers One countries with a single skin priced as the Serie X

Last edited:
On February 18, 2014, Sony announced that, as of February 8, it had sold over 5.3 million console units following the release of the PS4 onto the North American and Western/Central European markets. Within the first two days of release
Xbox one numbers hidden as to not ruffle any feathers:

Microsoft said Wednesday that it has sold more than 2 million Xbox One units in the system's first 18 days of availability.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
? Why does any of that matter when discussing the Series consoles selling 1.2 million? Literally has nothing to do with Sony

Of course it matters, if sony managed to ship and sell 10 million consoles, would 1 million look good as a start? I'm not even trying to say one sold better than the other (we don't know), but the whole launch is skewed due to covid. Xbox is my preferred platform - therefore I hope they do well (and I think they will) and this sounds like a good start, but without context, it basically meaningless.

Dolomite

Of course it matters, if sony managed to ship and sell 10 million consoles, would 1 million look good as a start? I'm not even trying to say one sold better than the other (we don't know), but the whole launch is skewed due to covid. Xbox is my preferred platform - therefore I hope they do well (and I think they will) and this sounds like a good start, but without context, it basically meaningless.
Yes....., Imho 1 million would look impressive if Sony did sell 10 million, because this thread isn't a comparison thread. Not to mention if we're talking day one sales, that's a closed metric considering that both MS and Sony sold out of very limited inventory immediately. We all know Sony will outsell 2:1 due to global popularity and residual mindshare

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I mean it is not because it is Xbox data... I should post the same if PS5 with guesstimates.

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

The only actual data we have is 155k in UK.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's a lot more when Xbox One sold more than a milion consoles in 24 hours launchin exclusively in North - America and tiers One countries with a single skin priced as the Serie X

can you not read? Xbox One sold 1,4 million units worldwide, not only NA, but worldwide.
Why are you making shit up?

Hezekiah

Banned
He's a clown and you'll often find him derailing Sony threads. Surprised hes not been banned yet.
Most recently on the threads on the Dualsense slating with it with nonsense about it not being innovative or saying it's the same as the what's already out there. Then he just LOLs anytime he gets called out like catlady does. Weirdo.

ethomaz

Banned
LOL coming from the person who refuses to believe Valhalla has bad screen tearing because you watched a video and ignore the numerous gamers telling you otherwise, I wouldnt take anything you say with even a grain of sense
But he is right about what he commented here... so you just need to like what he said like everybody else did.

He's a clown and you'll often find him derailing Sony threads. Surprised hes not been banned yet.
So go complain in these others threads.
What he said here is correct no matter if he is a Xbox or Sony fan.

People complaining about what he said in another thread to deny the truth he said in this thread is ridiculous.

Last edited:

aries_71

I got an xbox one at launch no problem plenty of units there in 2013. In 2020 i preordered in September the series X and still haven't got it. I live in the Europe region.

I know i lot of people who did not get on launch day. The series is definitely selling out like hotcakes. The series s you probably find some units still for sale.
I'm even considering buying a Series S while there's no stock for Series X. I'm too crazy?

Drewpee

Banned
? Why does any of that matter when discussing the Series consoles selling 1.2 million? Literally has nothing to do with Sony

It has everything to do with Sony, some fans need to validate that the PS5 sold more so they know that life is worth living.

The behavior is so toxic and makes me glad that Xbox stopped sharing sales figures. I hope they never officially release anything and all we ever hear about are third party guesses of how well or bad the console is doing.

can you not read? Xbox One sold 1,4 million units worldwide, not only NA, but worldwide.
Why are you making shit up?
I would say that you are the one with some problems reading. I wrote that X box One sold more than One million in North America AND tiers one countries. These were Australia, New Zealand, Brazil and part of west Europe. In Japan, Asia , East Europe and countries like Belgium and Netherlands It launched something like 10 months after

MrFunSocks

Banned
Me too, the one thing i don't get, how are they selling it when you can't play your 4 generations on the bloody thing as it doesn't have a drive?

Can you hook up a USB one?
Yes you can just plug your external drives that you used on your Xbox one in directly and play all the digital games off of it. You can also download any of your digital games, obviously.

They've shipped nowhere near 10 million though, otherwise why go with limited markets at launch? The 10 million is for the fiscal quarter, which runs up to March 21, 2021.

The Alien

Banned
Vgchartz lol. No thanks.

Surely that site is a banned source here?
I get that VGChartz is shit. Frankly any company that substitutes the letter S for Z is shit.

But in reality, serious question, if not VGChartz....who then? Where to get this info from a reliable 3rd party source?

MrFunSocks

Banned
I get that VGChartz is shit. Frankly any company that substitutes the letter S for Z is shit.

But in reality, serious question, if not VGChartz....who then? Where to get this info from a reliable 3rd party source?
Nowhere. Nowhere tracks every sale from every source. Microsoft don’t give sales numbers.

Errrr....Ahhh....what? Xbox stated they manufacturered around 10-12 million I think. They're all sold/presold. So the launch (minus delivery I supposed) would be that total number right? I'm confused what the VG number represents exactly. Perhaps the retail walk in numbers?

Same goes for Sony, whatever number they manufactured they sold out as well.

Kerotan

LOLchartz don't actually know but it's an educated guess for sure. Considering Sony will prob have a much bigger launch I doubt MS will have the balls to publish numbers. They'll probably tell us what % have gamepass or some other metric instead.

Jokerevo

Banned
And these indications are?

That they didn't even beat the ps4 historical total and that gen had a shite selection of launch games.

That nobody I know, and I know quite a few people..lmao...is hunting for an XsX but then again we all are PC owners who have some sense. PC and PS5 is the optimum choice until MS wake the hell up and start pumping money into actual meaningful exclusives. Until then every single game they release is just better on PC.

Dolomite

That they didn't even beat the ps4 historical total and that gen had a shite selection of launch games.

That nobody I know, and I know quite a few people..lmao...is hunting for an XsX but then again we all are PC owners who have some sense. PC and PS5 is the optimum choice until MS wake the hell up and start pumping money into actual meaningful exclusives. Until then every single game they release is just better on PC.
Interesting take

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
They've shipped nowhere near 10 million though, otherwise why go with limited markets at launch? The 10 million is for the fiscal quarter, which runs up to March 21, 2021.

I'm just saying g context matters, regardless of the number being 1 million 2 million 5 million or 10. Otherwise why would we even care about the numbers?

Top Bottom