• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S is pretty dang cool

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It is great as a little emulation machine that I picked up for near free (140 USD). As a "next gen" system? Its a fucking joke. Stick to Series X if you want a proper next gen system.

Riky

$MSFT
Been the case for a couple of days but Argos seems to have stock.

Amazon are saying delivery after Xmas now, I tried Argos but nothing anywhere near me, I could only find them available for collection in London.
With how last gen consoles disappeared from shelves it seems getting a new console of any type has reached nearly impossible levels for some people.

reksveks

Amazon are saying delivery after Xmas now, I tried Argos but nothing anywhere near me, I could only find them available for collection in London.
With how last gen consoles disappeared from shelves it seems getting a new console of any type has reached nearly impossible levels for some people.
Yeah, I might be cause I am in London that I am seeing stock.

Unrelated, is the Fortnite and Rocket League bundle now officially out?

Riky

$MSFT

It is, you can't get one anywhere though. Just a few skins on top of the base machine and it instantly sells out it seems.

elliot5

It is, you can't get one anywhere though. Just a few skins on top of the base machine and it instantly sells out it seems.
not true. I see Microsoft's official ebay page has them all the time it seems. or it did the past few days. $299

anyway, I opened mine up and I'm surprised at how small it is. It's like the size of a hardcover harry potter book. Very slim compared to the X. Looks great on my 4K tv

elliot5

Played some stuff like sea of thieves on my same 65 inch 4K tv and it feels just as smooth to play as my XSX. Ssd size is a little small but it’s nice seeing some games like SoT at 23 GB rather than 60 like on XSX. Very happy with it and I’ll be leaving it at my Mom’s over the holidays.

Lame trolling posters in the year 2021, we would have thought they would be all weeded out by now.
Somehow I must have missed your posts regarding the series X and Ps5 for the games not hitting 4k.. ....oh wait. ....
Have you EVER got an explanation why when the XSS doesn't hit 1440p its a huge deal and MS 'lied' to the customers but when PS5 and to a much lesser extent the XSX don't hit 4K it's no big deal at all?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Have you EVER got an explanation why when the XSS doesn't hit 1440p its a huge deal and MS 'lied' to the customers but when PS5 and to a much lesser extent the XSX don't hit 4K it's no big deal at all?

Nope, still waiting on that one.......seems to be unanswerable for some reason.........

elliot5

Really enjoying this lil guy more every day. Played a bunch of sea of thieves today and it looks great. Apparently it’s 1080/60 but tbh the art style is so clean it’s hard to tell it’s 1080 on a 4K TV.

played the gunk at a solid 60 fps (I think it dipped in heavy scenarios with a lot of combat and suction going on but that was fleeting)

halo infinite runs at a solid 60 too in mp. I play on pc 1440p with mostly low settings solely for the frames and this looks just as good and obviously better in some aspects.

Kazza

Best unboxing video ever!

They actually packaged it in a very premium way, it doesn't look cheap at all (I winced a little when Ricky destroyed the packaging)

Last edited:

elliot5

Best unboxing video ever!

They actually packaged it in a very premium way, it doesn't look cheap at all (I winced a little when Ricky destroyed the packaging)

lol Microsoft going through all that disability accessible packaging for people like Ricky only for him to destroy it

Corndog

Banned
Isn't that what I just said? Series X/One X on one tier and Series S/One S on another thats why I wouldn't upgrade to it

The GPU in the One X(6tf) is more powerful than the Series S (4tf) architectural improvements of Navi notwithstanding
Cpu is much more powerful in s. Not everything is gpu.

Top Bottom