• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S - India’s Best-Selling Console in March 2021

Please point out where Phil said every game would come out on X1X forever. No one with half a brain thought the X1X would get support in perpetuity. You are making up some sort of weird strawman inventing a comment Phil never said. Why do that? I hate when people feel the need to lie by saying something like "We have a console for people looking for value proposition and it's called an xbox one X" If value is your goal the X1X is absolutely NOT the way to go. It isn't even the cheapest last gen option so even on that front the whole statement is comical. Your recommendation clearly was disingenuous. That isn't Xbox fans fault, that isn't Phil's fault, that is yours.

You sure about that? Got a link to the interview? Pretty sure there was a time limit on that you conveniently left out.

Most likely 1080p. The X1X can't run the game at 60FPS at all. That would make it a horrible recommendation for someone looking to play Xbox games today.

You completely missed the point. This isn't about what his personal preference for his home. It is his recommendation for others. Tony Hawk, Skyrim, and Cyberpunk 2077 all run BETTER on the XSS. Games like The Medium don't run on the X1X at all. Yet he recommends the X1X. Interesting choice. My biggest mistake was thinking even for one moment he was being sincere. Based on his previous comments I can tell he was telling a joke. Really funny stuff.
But why are you saying XSS runs games better? Obviously XSS can't run Skyrim at 4K 30fps but I'm pretty sure X@X wouldn't have a problem at running it 1080p 60 fps

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Actually that's a powerful sign MS was right about the Xbox series S. You can get people to buy an Xbox at a cheaper price of admission. There coming in looking to buy a PS4 at similar price, but went home with a Series S instead.

But you need to read the whole story, it's a secondary plan:

Most of them showed up to buy a PS4,” says one store executive on the condition of anonymity. “When we told them it was out of stock and explained to them what Game Pass is and how many games they get access to, they picked up a Series S instead.”

FritzJ92

Most of them showed up to buy a PS4,” says one store executive on the condition of anonymity. “When we told them it was out of stock and explained to them what Game Pass is and how many games they get access to, they picked up a Series S instead.”
My point exactly. Gamepass is what’s enticing buyers. It’s acting like a catalyst to encourage buyers.

Kagey K

Banned
I wonder what the UK pitch was back in Jan.

Sales talk qt this point is fucking retarded since they are selling almost all consoles they make, yet somehow ppl are drawing dumb conclusions.

Last edited:

geary

Gold Member
You sure about that? Got a link to the interview? Pretty sure there was a time limit on that you conveniently left out.
He said that games will be cross-generation for about 18-24 month from console release....So till mid 2022 maybe when most of 1st party will be release possibly...So next-gen will start with the big first party games.

Last edited:

TBiddy

Are you high?

He said he would continue to support the gen and every exclusive and first party game was cross gen. I even scratched my head as to why they even released the series S.

That's blatantly false. Please provide a receipt for that.

But since we'll most likely see you posting another "lol, check it your self lazy cunt", I did just that to save you the embarrasment:

That’s why Xbox Game Studios titles we release in the next couple of years—like Halo Infinite—will be available and play great on Xbox Series X and Xbox One.

Last edited:
It's the only thing on Xbox right now, but it's not a great at all like some are making it. It's a good service with vastly mediocre games.

Hello Bo, what's up man?

As for gamepass, it does have some stuff if you have never played xbox games before.

Especially if you want to play online games casually.

This video sums up my feelings perfectly

Md Ray

''India has become the digital capabilities hub of the world with around 75% of global digital talent present in the country. IT-BPM industry's revenue was estimated at around US$ 191 billion in FY20, growing at 7.7% y-o-y. It is estimated to reach US$ 350 billion by 2025''

i want to know that as well
Yeah, what year is it? It's surprising to see such condescending, idiotic comments still, whenever this country name is mentioned. Has Stuart360 Stuart360 been living under a rock or something?

Reminds of the time when someone said they were from India in a YouTube comment section and some dumbfuck responded with a "whoa, do they have internet over there?".

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Hello Bo, what's up man?

As for gamepass, it does have some stuff if you have never played xbox games before.

Especially if you want to play online games casually.

This video sums up my feelings perfectly

I can start GamePass today with some maneuver via somebody's xbox to make GamePass Ultimate. Even if offered for free the only game that comes to mind that I might try is Outriders, that's it. I would rather play nothing than waste my time games I do careless about.

If you're happy with it, I'm glad for you, really. But that video made it even more vague to me which appears to be just another shilling for greens.

Alright

Banned
That's blatantly false. Please provide a receipt for that.

But since we'll most likely see you posting another "lol, check it your self lazy cunt", I did just that to save you the embarrasment:

That’s why Xbox Game Studios titles we release in the next couple of years—like Halo Infinite—will be available and play great on Xbox Series X and Xbox One.
Thanks for proving my point.

Yeah, what year is it? It's surprising to see such condescending, idiotic comments still, whenever this country name is mentioned. Has Stuart360 Stuart360 been living under a rock or something?

Reminds of the time when someone said they were from India in a YouTube comment section and some dumbfuck responded with a "whoa, do they have internet over there?".

Seems like stuart360 was joking. In bad taste though.

I can start GamePass today with some maneuver via somebody's xbox to make GamePass Ultimate. Even if offered for free the only game that comes to mind that I might try is Outriders, that's it. I would rather play nothing than waste my time games I do careless about.

If you're happy with it, I'm glad for you, really. But that video made it even more vague to me which appears to be just another shilling for greens.

The video is legit. I feel it.

As for gamepass, if you own the games you want to play, it isn't all that great. Agreed.

But if you don't, it's fantastic.

Three

Gold Member
There are rumours in the Indian marketplace saying that Sony has de prioritised it - but nothing on the record anywhere to support it.

This article is the first that draws attention to that possibility.
It's out of stock and production prioritises PS5 which is weird because they make more money from PS4.

Stuart360

Gold Member

Er yeah, it was a joke guys, did you miss the smilie?.
Me and two colleagues had to train a team in India for 3 weeks when my old job outsourced certain work to India, and we freaking loved it over there, didnt want to come back lol.
See this is the problem with the current world, no sense of humour, or common sense of context when it comes to innocent jokes.
I see you are from India though so i aplogise if i hurt your feelings.

figure_surrender_flag_anim_md_wm.gif

TBiddy

Thanks for proving my point.

Oh please. It's right there. Let's take a walk:

1. You wrote "according to 'phil' all games are cross gen so" - he never said that
2. You wrote "So what you're saying is, Phil lied when he said every game will be cross gen?" - he still never said that
3. You wrote - and this is were you realize your mistake and start moving the goalpost "He said he would continue to support the gen and every exclusive and first party game was cross gen." - he also never said this

All of this is in response to a comment about "The Medium". Phil Spencer mentions that all first party games will be supported for a few years. The Medium isn't a first party game.

So somehow, even in your attempt to backpaddle, you screwed up. Three mistakes in a single thread. Impressive!

Last edited:

Alright

Banned
Oh please. It's right there. Let's take a walk:

1. You wrote "according to 'phil' all games are cross gen so" - he never said that
2. You wrote "So what you're saying is, Phil lied when he said every game will be cross gen?" - he still never said that
3. You wrote - and this is were you realize your mistake and start moving the goalpost "He said he would continue to support the gen and every exclusive and first party game was cross gen." - he also never said this

All of this is in response to a comment about "The Medium". Phil Spencer mentions that all first party games will be supported for a few years. The Medium isn't a first party game.

So somehow, even in your attempt to backpaddle, you screwed up. Three mistakes in a single thread. Impressive!
That wasn't my point.

My pint was that the X1X is best value proposition for gamers. and seems as it can run both generation of games for the next couple of years, I'm happy sticking with this.

The X1X is the console to buy if you really can't afford an xsx. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for playing

reksveks

That wasn't my point.

My pint was that the X1X is best value proposition for gamers. and seems as it can run both generation of games for the next couple of years, I'm happy sticking with this.

Thanks for playing
The quality of life improvements make the S in my opinion a better buy for most users unless you really care about a 4k output.

Also not sure but in the UK, you can't get a new One X from normal retailers.

Alright

Banned
The quality of life improvements make the S in my opinion a better buy for most users unless you really care about a 4k output.

Also not sure but in the UK, you can't get a new One X from normal retailers.
The S, like the XSX and Ps5 have better loading times than the x1x, and I'm looking forward to that whenever I upgrade.

It's a shame they stopped selling them. It's an awesome little console

That wasn't my point.

Thanks for playing

Check at 0.49.

Series S achieves parity in texture quality with one x in newer games. Series x ahead of both. In last gen games one x is clearly better than series s.

As generation will progress Series S will keep getting better while one x will be dropped at a convenient point.

Alright

Banned

Check at 0.49.

Series S achieves parity in texture quality with one x in newer games. Series x ahead of both. In last gen games one x is clearly better than series s.

As generation will progress Series S will keep getting better while one x will be dropped at a convenient point.

and I'll wait for that convenient point.

Right now the only reason to upgrade my xbox is quicker load times, because there are zero exclusives to upgrade for

Banjo64

cumsessed
That wasn't my point.

Thanks for playing
No chance :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: I booted up my old Xbox One last week and it took well over a minute to boot up. Even playing Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS4 now; fast travel loading screens probably account for half my total game time:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Alright

Banned
No chance :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: I booted up my old Xbox One last week and it took well over a minute to boot up. Even playing Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS4 now; fast travel loading screens probably account for half my total game time:messenger_tears_of_joy:
I had a base Xbone for about 12 months before the X launched. I sold that shit in record time. What a piece of shit.

No way on earth is the xbox one playing new games, let alone Halo. But hey! Daddy Phil says it will so we should all believe him and praise him. Then when it turns out he was talking shite again we should praise his honesty and how this decision was for the best (bookmark this post, these will be the talking points in November)

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
But why are you saying XSS runs games better? Obviously XSS can't run Skyrim at 4K 30fps but I'm pretty sure X@X wouldn't have a problem at running it 1080p 60 fps

XSS doesn't run Skyrim at 4k 30fps, there is no evidence to say it couldn't. He's probably saying XSS runs games better because it does, thanks to smart delivery this is very obvious to anyone with both machines, Cyberpunk is an unstable mess on X1X, it runs nice on XSS. Gears 5 runs at twice the framerate on XSS, Halo MCC runs at twice the framerate, Valhalla runs at the twice the framerate, Watch Dogs has Ray Tracing....I could go on.
The X1X is also not cheaper, just checked Amazon UK and the X1X is £329 used whilst the XSS is £249 new.
X1X was the best console last gen but the XSS is just better and the gap will get bigger.

XSS doesn't run Skyrim at 4k 30fps, there is no evidence to say it couldn't. He's probably saying XSS runs games better because it does, thanks to smart delivery this is very obvious to anyone with both machines, Cyberpunk is an unstable mess on X1X, it runs nice on XSS. Gears 5 runs at twice the framerate on XSS, Halo MCC runs at twice the framerate, Valhalla runs at the twice the framerate, Watch Dogs has Ray Tracing....I could go on.
The X1X is also not cheaper, just checked Amazon UK and the X1X is £329 used whilst the XSS is £249 new.
X1X was the best console last gen but the XSS is just better and the gap will get bigger.
Twice the frame rate, a quarter of the resolution.

thelastword

Banned
So they went for PS4 and didn't get them. Settled for what was there.....after a gamepass pitch.

Seems Sony can't make enough PS4's even now, farless for PS5. It will be a long wait for many......interestingly PS4 is in such demand in India and in other parts of the world, it's no reason Jim Ryan never intended to stop supporting the platform, it's still in high demand...

Fox Mulder

that’s still good for MS. Their price and console was appealing to fall back on instead of these people just walking away with their money to wait for a ps4.

ethomaz

Banned
You seriously don’t think people won’t mind waiting for the product they want if it’s not available.
You do understand PS isn’t discontinued, more product will come, so they had to be enticed at some point to even consider an alternative.

Simple example, when iPhones sell out, Galaxy phone dont just magically start selling like crazy, unless there was something enticing you to even bother giving it a try.

Im pretty sure everyone read that it was the only option, but the point you missed is “why” would they consider that option when they could’ve waited.
You? Me? Yes, we will wait to buy the console we want.

That is not the case for general consumers... if you ever look at retail your will see most people go there buy a item with some brands in mind but if that brand is not available they buy a similar product.

You know the PS4 was the best selling console in the previous months even with PS5 being launch in Feb 2nd (got sold out in minutes).

Last edited:

FritzJ92

You? Me? Yes, we will wait to buy the console we want.

That is not the case for general consumers... if you ever look at retail your will see most people go there buy a item with some brands in mind but if that brand is not available they buy a similar product.

You know the PS4 was the best selling console in the previous months even with PS5 being launch in Feb 2nd (got sold out in minutes).
I think the general perspective is, does your basic customer practices brand loyalty and they definitely do. The general customer will want to keep using what works and would have to be sold on trying something else. It’s why the brands that started first tend to retain a certain percentage of customers even if a better product exist

There are electric cars from every dealership but people would rather put an order and wait, sometimes months for the brand they want.

reksveks

Best selling console in April too. Finally outselling PS4. Completely sold out in may though.

We weren’t expecting customers to choose the Series S over the PS4 when both are in stock,” claims one store executive on the condition of anonymity. “A lot of them are just doing it for Xbox Game Pass, in fact the number one request is to help them set up Game Pass for GTA V.

Figuring out the games that appeal for India and China and Korea is going to be a key task.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I dont think it matters if series s is competing with a tablet, the switch, ps5, or a Ps4.
The fact is its acquiring ms customer's into thier ecosystem. Argue all you want that it sucks, has no value etc, but it may actually still be achieving the goal that ms set with it - getting to new or existing customers who are either unwilling or unable to buy the more expensive box (in any brand).

Top Bottom