• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Xbox Power King Memes

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Just because the assets will be lower quality on XsX doesn't mean you can't take advantage of the system, it may not be as big as jump as what you get on ps5 but you will still be able to get high geometry density than on Xbox one.
Also lumen is unlikely to be tied to SSD speed.

The Series X will just have to focus on different things than PS5

:pie_roffles: :pie_invert: :pie_roffles: :pie_invert: :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

Good one, thanks for playing.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
In addition to the comedy gold you can often find in the next gen circle jerk, it also provides a valuable service. Just like the REE Asylum, it keeps a lot of the worst lunatics segregated away from the rest of us.
I'm pretty sure anyone who likes Xbox has been banned from that thread by now. I can't imagine what it's like in there now.

Lethal01

:pie_roffles: :pie_invert: :pie_roffles: :pie_invert: :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

Good one, thanks for playing.

I gotta admit, I can't stand tons of emotes, it feels like a movie company doing a parody of what teenagers text like.

Anyway. people acting like Unreal engine is a PS5 exclusive engine are idiots.
As are people who try to deny when the creator of the system says faster ssd speeds lead to better performance on it.

Last edited:

CatLady

I gotta admit, I can't stand tons of emotes, it feels like a movie company doing a parody of what teenagers text like.

Anyway. people acting like Unreal engines is a PS5 exlusive engine are idiots.
As are people who try to deny when the creator of the system says faster ssd speeds lead to better performance on it.

Sorry, but I trust anything Cerny says as much as the hardcore Sony fans trust anything Phil says. Sony fans quoting Cerny at me has the same effect as Evangelicals quoting the bible at me, which is to say none.

Lethal01

Sorry, but I trust anything Cerny says as much as the hardcore Sony fans trust anything Phil says. Sony fans quoting Cerny at me has the same effect as Evangelicals quoting the bible at me, which is to say none.

Didn't mention anything Cerny said. I'm talking about the creator of Nanite.
Also I'm not a sony fan, I'm just excited to see pc with the architecture improvements we see on PS5. Being mad at improvements in tech is idiotic.

Last edited:

CatLady

Didn't mention anything Cerny said. I'm talking about the creator of Nanite. also not a Sony fan.
I'm just excited to see pc with the architecture improvements we see on PS5

Oops, I misinterpreted what you posted. I thought by creator of the system you were referring to Cerny & PS5. I apologize.

ZywyPL

Banned
Stolen from D DoctaThompson from another thread, shit's just too real:

piAoOAp.jpg

looks like official Xbox account joining in on Xbox power memes.

vGGusm5.png

No boost mode, just beast mode :messenger_sunglasses:

Check some of the recent posts in the Sweeney thread. Someone is trying to suggest PS5 is more powerful than a 3080ti when not doing ray tracing. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I heard PS5 is actually RDNA3, so it makes sense ;)

CobraXT

Banned
7nxcWmI.png

Honestly can't wait till actual games come out. Huge possibility the games will be amazing but if they are not the meme potential is going to be over 9000.

Love the level of mental gymnastics here ..

BTW in The Road to PS5 video in minute 24:34 .. cerny said : backward compatibility was handled masterfully by amd .. this means ps4 combatability was periorty when designing ps5 soc , this alone could be the cause that ps5 soc is only 36 cus and allegedly could be rdna1 .. cerny fucked up bc since ps4 launch .. there is no way they can keep improve in the same design forever sooner or later they have to release a new console with new architecture that definitely will break the bc .. this proves that ms approach when it comes to bc ''virtualization'' is much better

Last edited:

CatLady

Was this agreed on or was the poster corrected? 3080 ti is going to be truly monstrous and cost over a grand

As has already been said, they think the PS5 is RDNA 3 so what's to correct?

Yet in Bo hazem's troll thread they're throwing a fit about comparing the more powerful XsX to a 2080ti. Sony super fans are so entertaining.

Andodalf

Banned
Was this agreed on or was the poster corrected? 3080 ti is going to be truly monstrous and cost over a grand

I’ve got a lot of people on ignore, but my understanding is that they say a ton of stuff about how Sony is so smart they’ve ruined all the plans of AMD and Nvidia, and that their SSD will mean they have better performance than any graphics cards for years to come, regardless of price. Basically PS5 is a gift from the gods, per usual

I’ve got a lot of people on ignore, but my understanding is that they say a ton of stuff about how Sony is so smart they’ve ruined all the plans of AMD and Nvidia, and that their SSD will mean they have better performance than any graphics cards for years to come, regardless of price. Basically PS5 is a gift from the gods, per usual
what in the....

What is so funny?
Bit seems to have confused 8k resolution and 8k assets, or at least assumes they are the same thing

Both SSDs will stream 8k, or higher, assets. Neither console will output at 8k resolution in anything other than non-demanding indie games, and even then

He went on to say that the only way you can output true 8K FUHD 7680 x 4320 is through fast SSD, not the GPU. Emphasis on output RESOLUTION *not* 8K asset streaming

Misinformation just kills me. Like, when we learned how Nanite can use extra bandwidth to stream more/better assets, that's cool, I dig that. Good for both consoles, great for PS5. That is nice for systems with SSDs and especially the system with the fastest SSD.

But that can't be enough, now people are circling back to the Crytek Guy interview where less CUs were better than more CUs, which drove me crazy then and still does now.

I just think that is bullshit. It would be cool if we could just let each console stand on its own valid strengths instead of crafting some hyperspin web.

The XsX has a faster CPU and more powerful GPU. The PS5 still has a fast CPU and a powerful GPU.

The PS5 has a much faster SSD and I/O solution. The XsX still has a very fast SSD and I/O solution.

Why aren't the facts enough?

Last edited:
Misinformation just kills me. Like, when we learned how Nanite can use extra bandwidth to stream more/better assets, that's cool, I dig that. Good for both consoles, great for PS5. That is nice for systems with SSDs and especially the system with the fastest SSD.

But that can't be enough, now people are circling back to the Crytek Guy interview where less CUs were better than more CUs, which drove me crazy then and still does now.

I just think that is bullshit. It would be cool if we could just let each console stand on its own valid strengths instead of crafting some hyperspin web.

The XsX has a faster CPU and more powerful GPU. The PS5 still has a fast CPU and a powerful GPU.

The PS5 has a much faster SSD and I/O solution. The XsX still has a very fast SSD and I/O solution.

You are such an xbot dude. Dont you know that PS5 has SUPER CHARGED DRAGON BALL Z Compute Units with CELL PROCESSOR LIKE SPU's INSIDE the CU and Sonic the Hedgehog speed of 2.23 GHz to make revolutionary strides on how people perceive sound in games? That is why you dont need more Compute Units. And its not just a very fast SSD and I/O, its something that is generational leap beyond PC's slow ass HDD and SSD, cause you still have to deal with overheads that PS5 simply just gets rid of.

That is why the only way you gonna get 8K resolution on PS5 is because of the SSD *NOT* the GPU.

*You* need to get your facts straight, or ill report you for making me butt hurt. And might i say that 10 TFLOPS vs 12 TFLOPS: NEGLIGIBLE DIFFERENCE, nobody cares about TFLOPS as much as billions of triangles on screen.

(I hope you guys realize this is a joke post)

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Love the level of mental gymnastics here ..

BTW in The Road to PS5 video in minute 24:34 .. cerny said : backward compatibility was handled masterfully by amd .. this means ps4 combatability was periorty when designing ps5 soc , this alone could be the cause that ps5 soc is only 36 cus and allegedly could be rdna1 .. cerny fucked up bc since ps4 launch .. there is no way they can keep improve in the same design forever sooner or later they have to release a new console with new architecture that definitely will break the bc .. this proves that ms approach when it comes to bc ''virtualization'' is much better
Of course virtualization is better, it allows to have the thing run on any platform you want with little effort. That's why virtualized programming languages like Java are so popular. But it's not easy. So when Sony has to play catch up, they had a choice to either take ten years to get where Microsoft had gotten after ten years - or do a more easy but less versatile approach. They did the latter.

SleepDoctor

Banned

Pretty simple 12 > 10 and 5.5 > 2.4. These manchildren are embarrassing themselves over this shit. I just can't wait to see some actual games. This straw grasping is pathetic.

Redlight

I'm pretty sure anyone who likes Xbox has been banned from that thread by now. I can't imagine what it's like in there now.
I got thread banned for being 'condescending'. :)

That thread is a disaster, I still go there though. It's funny to see the same hardcore PS5 fans that are expressing 'concerns' about Series X everywhere else - but are still hoping to be seen as reasonable - drop the mask completely in that thread.

It's crazy town.

I actually own all the current gen consoles and while I have had a preference for Xbox this gen, I still haven't decided which console I'll buy as my primary next time around. That said, the behaviour of some Sony fans on this site is so obnoxious that you have to ask yourself, does any sane person want to be associated with that crowd? :)

Last edited:

Ascend

I got thread banned for being 'condescending'.
Lol... I got banned for 'exaggerating for effect and derailing'.
The 'derailing' was a Twitter post, someone claiming they have insider knowledge and that people are going to be surprised how little the SSD speed advantage of the PS5 will matter. It's also a leaks thread, and I clearly stated to take it for what it is, since it can simply be someone fishing for attention. I thought it was ok to post. Apparently not. Everyone jumped on me, obviously, and, the mods took their side.

The exaggeration part was when I said that claiming that nanite needs to be ditched on the XSX implies the XSX is in the same category as the Xbox One, Android Phones and Tablets. Obviously no one liked that one either, even though it's true.

That thread is a disaster, I still go there though. It's funny to see the same hardcore PS5 fans that are expressing 'concerns' about Series X everywhere else - but are still hoping to be seen as reasonable - drop the mask completely in that thread.

It's crazy town.
I avoid that thread like the plague. I don't want any more brain damage.

SleepDoctor

Banned
The 'derailing' was a Twitter post, someone claiming they have insider knowledge and that people are going to be surprised how little the SSD speed advantage of the PS5 will matter. It's also a leaks thread, and I clearly stated to take it for what it is, since it can simply be someone fishing for attention. I thought it was ok to post. Apparently not. Everyone jumped on me, obviously, and, the mods took their side.

The exaggeration part was when I said that claiming that nanite needs to be ditched on the XSX implies the XSX is in the same category as the Xbox One, Android Phones and Tablets. Obviously no one liked that one either, even though it's true.

Yea the mass report anyone who's not of the same opinion. Two of those guys were permed for posting tlou 2 spoilers and they were brought back. Its sad how obviously one sided this site can be.

CatLady

Yea the mass report anyone who's not of the same opinion. Two of those guys were permed for posting tlou 2 spoilers and they were brought back. Its sad how obviously one sided this site can be.

Nah, Birdo Birdo isn't one of those assholes. A while back I had to steal this meme from him, because it's too funny and too true. He's cool and can be funny as hell. The other guy though? Yeah he's one of the principles participants of the Next Gen Spec circle jerk.

SKMbwiP.jpg

Degree

Banned

Fuck you are right.

I was banned for this post:

Which makes Sony’s solution even more useless for multiplatform Games.
For developing multiplatform Games devs always use the lowest common denominator

No way they would optimize their games based on a single platform SSD/IO. This is just nonsense.
For multiplatform Games we will only see improvements in loading times. That’s it.

This is PS3 Cell all Over again.

So, saying:

XBOX SERIES S WILL HOLD BACK XBOX SERIES X!!! is ok.

But saying that for multiplatform games the ssd won’t make that much of difference, because devs won’t optimize their games based on a SSD of a single platform will result in a ban.
yeah right.

Top Bottom