• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox & Playstation Twitter Console warriors are insufferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony2690

Banned
harry-potter-dobby.gif

I follow gaming/Xbox stuff on twitter, I enjoy being able to keep up with the latest gaming news as sometimes I see it there before gaf.

But the amount of shit I have to scroll through, makes the the experience pretty miserable.

King thrash, red dragon, general MLD, uni sensei, there is plenty others but these are ones whose shite I just had to wade through on a quick browse before closing the app.

I'll probably delete the app, but you click on their posts and read the comments and there is literally hundreds of grown ass men arguing over plastic boxes, it's absolutely insane.

Or you click on a games official page to see others excitement for it on the announcement and it's literally people trying to point score, saying X or Y is better or some other dumb shit.

It's just embarrassing at this point, do these people actually enjoy playing games or just shitting on others and arguing about their preferred box?

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I just don't understand it, I love seeing new game reveals regardless of platform, I find it all pretty exciting. (I still hold out hope that one day Pocky & Rocky Reshrined will one day grace Xbox, as it looks wonderful)

Gaming is meant to be a fun hobby that we enjoy.

Sorry for the rant thread, I know it's not the weekend yet, but some of the crap I read online makes my head ache.

Last edited:

GametimeUK

Honestly console warring is beyond annoying. It's absolutely draining having to watch brain dead idiots go back and forth justifying the purchases of their pieces of plastic. The sooner everyone realises that playstation is the best the better because there will be nothing to argue about.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

They are everywhere dude. They say anything because it isn't a forum like gaf. There aren't a lot of rules on Twitter.

Freeza93

Banned
Twitter under musk is funny af but maybe i get on the wrong sites accidentally. Good thing id you can now scroll without needing an account. hated that cuz for dev infos on games its still the fastest way to get it.

GHG

Based on some of the newbies that have been present in the last few days it feels like quite a few of them have joined (or rejoined) here.

They will need to have the bullshit beaten out of their systems, because for some of them it's already not looking good.

Kilau

I think Xbox fans may skew older, Nintendo fans dont seem to care to me, if we are going to name names on Twitter I honestly wonder if Sony fans on there play games. I just dont see where they have time, just always on some Xbox Businesss. I'm assuming maybe they are younger and it just means more to them.
PS better

MiguelItUp

Twitter is a god awful place.

Also, yeah, any kind of warrior is the absolute worst. There have been too many times where I gave my opinion on a game that I thought was "fine" while others treated it like the second coming. As a result, people got super aggro and shitty, lol. I didn't even say it was bad, I just didn't praise it!

Save your energy, and don't ever take the bait. It's never worth it. Just ignore it and move on, lol.

Reactions: Isa

Varteras

Gold Member
I block anyone on Twitter I see doing fanboy shit.

Twitter is a god awful place.

Also, yeah, any kind of warrior is the absolute worst. There have been too many times where I gave my opinion on a game that I thought was "fine" while others treated it like the second coming. As a result, people got super aggro and shitty, lol. I didn't even say it was bad, I just didn't praise it!

Save your energy, and don't ever take the bait. It's never worth it. Just ignore it and move on, lol.

Oh god. One particular period of time that was especially insufferable was the first 2 or 3 years after Breath of the Wild came out. Anyone who dared not include it in a list of any kind of best or not heap praise on it was mercilessly dogpiled by rabid Nintendo fanboys. Even chill dudes like Shinobi were attacked for not erecting a mile-high shrine to that game.

Rac3r

Yea it’s cancer. So much misinformation, low-res “gotcha” images, and just straight up lies used for warring.

The main problem is those accounts have hundreds, even thousands, of cronies who will like and defend their posts.

Good thing about GAF is people usually get called out for blatant misinformation and FUD, or simply get banned. Twitter is a cesspool in comparison.

its ridiculous. even when I agree with them, I can't help but frown on their hobbies being keeping up with the opps to talk shit.

Also, they create fake narratives with cherry-picked screenshots, both sides

sachos

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I just don't understand it, I love seeing new game reveals regardless of platform,
I feel this is an ability that some people only unlock when actually owning all the platforms, otherwise they have to validate their purchase someway.

Reactions: Isa
its not really just console warriors last year was insufferable with all the new souls fans thanks to elden ring.

I loved elden ring but the fever pitch of people screaming about it from the rooftops that you could tell had never played or beaten a dark souls game before was excruciating

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
There's no denying that many of us on here either side with Sony or Xbox in this console war.

But people on Twitter take it to the extreme. Their entire timeline is filled with debates and petty shit.

I often see more on the Xbox side because of how closely associated they are with each other. It also doesn't help if you have guys like Phil and Aaron Greenberg following them on Twitter.

I'm not saying, "It's the Xbox fans" I'm just saying one community is closer than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom