• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox partners with luxury apparel brand Burberry to giveaway 50 custom Xbox Series S consoles based on Minecraft. UK & Canada only.

Following Burberry (LSE:BRBY.L +2.69%) ’s recent announcement that it’ll launch a multi-faceted collaboration with Minecraft, the pair have now revealed they are also joining forces with Xbox to redesign its iconic console.

The limited-edition Minecraft x Burberry Xbox arrives in line with the wider collaborative offering which sees the British fashion house take the gaming universe with Burberry: Freedom to Go Beyond as well as a capsule collection inspired by the immersive adventure. Incorporating its heritage pattern: the Nova check, the brand continues to mold its identity around the digital aesthetic with the exclusive console and matching control pad design. Adding a special touch, the Xbox is cased in a one-off packaging with a Minecraft-inspired pixelated arrangement that adopts the check’s brown tones.

With the exclusive console limited to only 50 pieces, Xbox have given fans the chance to win the Nova check-wrapped box in a competition giveaway. To be in with a chance of winning the exclusive Minecraft x Burberry Xbox and to receive exclusive in-game items and personalized email updates about the world of Burberry, visit Burberry’s website and sign up before 21st November.

No purchase necessary, Ts&Cs apply, view them here. Prize draw ends 10am GMT on Nov 21 2022; residents of UK and Canada (excluding Quebec) only; consenting to receiving Burberry marketing material is a condition of entry.
2d0812_8c7b34091c7040d299bd8df70bc817d4~mv2.jpg

Go to this page in the UK or Canada version of the site to signup for the giveaway, https://us.burberry.com/l/new-in/mi...minecraft_collection#/shop-the-collaboration/

This is an unusual partnership. The Burberry Minecraft partnership has already raised some questions about design and prices of the clothing products produces from the partnership.

For example this minecraft shirt costs $1000
BF350CB7-02A5-4272-A068-D5122A74775C

This White T-shirt with barely visible minecraft shape costs $570
5992D8DA-773A-49D8-837F-EE0DF1E1C9A0

However, at least for UK and Canadian residents, they can participate in the custom Series S giveaway without having to make a purchase and just signing up with is unusual for their larger tier partnerships, so I would take advantage of this because who knows how much that Burberry Series S will be worth. Or maybe you want to put it on display,

tommib

That’s worst than the GOW tribal tattoos. Possibly the most horrendous looking console I’ve seen. And the S is so cute and portable and cool. Why do this to such a cute console.

And the controller takes the cake.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
The only decent cross over recently has been LV x Nike but could never secure a pair against the bots which is absolute fucking bullshit and I’m still mad about it.

Gucci & North Face 2nd Gen goes alright to.

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
Prize Draw Period: The Prize Draw starts at 10.00am GMT on 11 November 2022 and closes at 10.00am GMT on 21 November 2022 (“Prize Draw Period”). Entries submitted after the end of the Prize Draw Period will not be valid.

Mods should send this thread to hell where it belongs.

CeeJay

WTH!

Minecraft is all about being accessible and running on low powered hardware and is mainly aimed at young kids. How the hell does this collaboration make any sense?

This is not an accessible product for 99.99% of the Minecraft target audience although I expect we will also see several notable Minecraft streamers wearing this shit that they got sent for free. Anyone who is willing to spend this much money on casual wear deserves to be parted from their money.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
This is an unusual partnership. The Burberry Minecraft partnership has already raised some questions about design and prices of the clothing products produces from the partnership.
Burberry is a luxury brand aka charging you 10 times more for 10-20% improvement over a premium brand. How is any of that a surprise in 2022?

DaGwaphics

I guess the value would be in the fact that there are only 49 other consoles like it. It's fugly though, to be sure.

Prize Draw Period: The Prize Draw starts at 10.00am GMT on 11 November 2022 and closes at 10.00am GMT on 21 November 2022 (“Prize Draw Period”). Entries submitted after the end of the Prize Draw Period will not be valid.

Mods should send this thread to hell where it belongs.

Because there was a prize draw? Or because you didn't see the date of the OP?

When you have more deals than games...

Sorry I could not stop myself. But you gotta admit they definitely have more sale deals for Series S this year than 1P games released for 2022.

I can't find any signup for that contest on the Canadian site.

You singed up for the site and then accepted that Burberry could bring you marketing material. Then you are automatically enrolled. It's ending soon though, if not already.

Just my luck to win one of these puke enducing things.

Are you saying you won one or are you being sarcastic?

Because if you did that'll be $15,000 in a year or 2 given Burberry prices.

PhaseJump

Banned
Because there was a prize draw? Or because you didn't see the date of the OP?

No, it ended soon before my post and the thread was still being bumped. It suddenly serves no clear purpose other than to capture people's email info without clearly stating that the contest is over.

It's an ugly as fuck console and belongs in hell. and I'm sure you'll find 1000 other little bullshit things to spam new threads about.

It's an ugly as fuck console and belongs in hell. and I'm sure you'll find 1000 other little bullshit things to spam new threads about.

So yes, you didn't pay attention to when the thread is posted, and came here to complain about nothing (only to my thread to not the others how curious).

Nothing new, feel free to contribute next time instead of you're constant confrontational rants.

PhaseJump

Banned
So yes, you didn't pay attention to when the thread is posted, and came here to complain about nothing (only to my thread to not the others how curious).

Nothing new, feel free to contribute next time instead of you're constant confrontational rants.

"Complain about nothing"

Dude, I'm Canadian and I looked at this thread you didn't link properly to. Jumped through hoops to find the details of it, and linked the message stating that the contest is over. You provided no details on the actual contest.

And now you're implying I'm complaining about nothing? Fuck you. You are a waste of time. I'm here doing everybody interested the favor of stating that it's over. I'm joking that this belongs in hell, because it's ugly.

My "contribution" here was the actual details of the time the contest was valid. If only so nobody should have to look at your shit link, and convert it to the Canadian one, and then go through the terms and conditions links. It's over. Don't bother.

Last edited:
Dude, I'm Canadian and I looked at this thread you didn't link properly to.

I linked directly to the article.

You provided no details on the actual contest.

The details were in the OP quote you didn't read. Even the part you're referring to is at the bottom of the quote.

And now you're implying I'm complaining about nothing? Fuck you. You are a waste of time. I'm here doing everybody interested the favor of stating that it's over.

It wasn't when the OP was posted.

Like I said all over nothing.

Also yes, I agree it's not the best looking custom console. Then again custom consoles this gen have been bad so far overall imo.

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
I threw a message here after it was over and still being bumped. Now I'm having my responses broken down line by line.

This guy spams threads a billion times a day on the same subject, and implies people are disingenuous, or tells them what they are really saying or thinking.
As if that's not some form of fucked up trolling.

sweartrek%2B5.gif

This guy spams threads a billion times a day on the same subject,

Lying doesn't change the fact you didn't read the IP and accused me of not linking right when I linked directly to the article, and that I didn't have details in the OP when they were in the quote you forgot to read.

Top Bottom