• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Partners With Calm App To Support Gamers Mental Health with first video game soundscapes

https://hiphopwired.com/1308241/xbox-calm-halo-infinite-sea-of-thieves-video-soundscapes/
Wednesday, December 7, the Microsoft gaming company announced its partnership with Calm, the highly toted sleep and meditation that will see the first-ever video game soundscapes from Xbox’s first-party games Halo Infinite and Sea of Thieves.
Starting today, Calm users can relax and say woosah to the “meditative sounds of whirling waves and chattering birds from the ocean expanse of Sea of Thieves and the ambient alien sounds of Zeta Halo from Halo Infinite,” a press release stated.

Both soundscapes are available to subscribers of Calm Premium, and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate can enjoy the new video game-themed soundscapes with a new perk providing them three months of Calm Premium for free and then 50% off their first-year subscription when they sign up.

That offer is only valid for new Calm Premium subscribers.

Xbox Unveils A Set of Initiatives That Will Help Mental Health Causes​

Also announced are initiatives allowing gamers to donate to causes dedicated to mental health just by gaming. They even curated a selection of games from its subscription service to help gamers escape life’s trials.
  • Xbox Games Studio, The Coalition will donate 1% of net revenue from all Gears of War games and merchandise to organizations working to prevent suicide and combat loneliness. This year, players can purchase the 2022 Benefit Tee from the Xbox Gear Shop, with all proceeds benefiting Crisis Text Line.
  • Microsoft Rewards members can earn and donate points to organizations supporting mental wellness, including Crisis Text Line, The Games, and Online Harassment Hotline (Feminist Frequency), and Take This.
  • Xbox has also carefully curated a selection of games from Xbox Game Pass that provide an escape from the trials of life and help players connect with their unique identities, including Persona 5 Royal, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Disney Dreamlight Valley, Unpacking, and Stardew Valley.
  • Xbox Ambassadors will share their personal perspective on the role that gaming has played in their mental wellness journey to help support others.
  • Throughout the month of December, the Xbox Plays team will host Twitch Takeovers with guest streamers to share their favorite feel-good games, stress relief tips, and more.
16704527493795.png

XboxWirePromoImage_v2-copy-6a5c7ef4110b2e31399e.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/12/07/xbox-supports-mental-health-through-power-of-play/

So if I'm understanding this right this partnership will allow gamers to relax to game sounds from Halo and Sea of Thieves. Gamepass Ultimate users will get 3 months of Calm premium for free.

Xbox also laid out their roadmap to helping gamers tackle mental health, including Twitch guests, having The coalition donate 1% of revenue from all Gears games and merch to help combat loneliness and suicide, and MS rewards members being able to earn donate points.

I've never used the calm app but apparently it's pretty popular looking it up, seems many people use it to relieve stress and relax, or to have help having a good sleep.

fart town usa

Gold Member
My work gives us a subscription to the Calm app. It's not for me though.

I walk through the woods with my dogs to get that zen meditation. Something about Matthew McConaughey doing asmr type things just makes me feel gross. lol.

To each their own though. I honestly think a nice solitary walk through the woods or some type of natural landscape does absolute wonders for the body and soul.

Bragr

Banned
My work gives us a subscription to the Calm app. It's not for me though.

I walk through the woods with my dogs to get that zen meditation. Something about Matthew McConaughey doing asmr type things just makes me feel gross. lol.

To each their own though. I honestly think a nice solitary walk through the woods or some type of natural landscape does absolute wonders for the body and soul.
Men talking asmr style is absolutely disgusting. If that what this app is, its only gonna increase mental health issues.

Havoc2049

The team at Xbox/Microsoft who are putting all these collaborations together are definitely earning their paychecks and keeping Eddie G busy.

Sea of Thieves does have some nice chill moments with some relaxing music and ambient sounds. Fishing is usually a relaxing time in SoT.

Last edited:

NickFire

I hope MS continues to support mental health in gaming, and say the best way they could do that would be to develop tech that instantly perma mutes the inspiring rappers and people who play music directly into headsets. Then open source that tech.

T-Cake

Thanks for this, I would never have noticed it otherwise. Having just started with "Balance" a few days ago, this is a good opportunity to try another app.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Top Bottom