• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

I know that feeling.

Fail Fed Ex GIF

Every time I'm expecting a delivery from FedEx I feel compelled to say a prayer to the delivery gods. Only service I really trust at all is UPS, but most times I don't get to choose.

But yeah.....hope you get it on time. Come back and post your impressions.

My XSX is scheduled for delivery to Best Buy on Thursday. I keep hoping they will get it early and I can rush over and get it. No such luck....

I eventually would like to get an X, but I refuse to pay above retail. I loved my XB1X.

Same here. I lucked out and paid regular price at Best Buy.

That's great, dude. At one time, I owned a PS4 Pro and XB1X, and the X was my main console.

Sure, I'd like a PS5... but I don't know when that will happen.

I also have like 1,500+ games on Steam, but my PC is a little outdated and my child broke my 1440p monitor.

Topher

Gold Member
That's great, dude. At one time, I owned a PS4 Pro and XB1X, and the X was my main console.

Sure, I'd like a PS5... but I don't know when that will happen.

I also have like 1,500+ games on Steam, but my PC is a little outdated and my child broke my 1440p monitor.

This will be my first Xbox since 360. I've been solely PC and PS since PS4. It will be a nice change of pace I think.

This will be my first Xbox since 360. I've been solely PC and PS since PS4. It will be a nice change of pace I think.

Personally, I would love to be back on my PC or to have a new PC, but that's not in the cards right now. The good thing is I know I can always return to my Steam account. I do have a Steam Deck hopefully going to be pre-ordered. However, Game Pass is something that I want to utilize, and I'm all in digitally because I don't have space for physical games anymore. I have too much manga and weeb stuff on my shelves.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I know that feeling.

Fail Fed Ex GIF

Every time I'm expecting a delivery from FedEx I feel compelled to say a prayer to the delivery gods. Only service I really trust at all is UPS, but most times I don't get to choose.

But yeah.....hope you get it on time. Come back and post your impressions.

My XSX is scheduled for delivery to Best Buy on Thursday. I keep hoping they will get it early and I can rush over and get it. No such luck....
You should see the asshole couriers doing pick up at my company.

We leave the packages in the front lobby or in a lockbox. Fedex is a lockbox, but for other couriers (we use some local ones too), we just leave it on a table designated to them. So each courier might be picking up multiple packages any day from paper based envelopes to boxes/parcels,

If you ever see any picking up stuff and he's got some boxes or a trolley of them to load, spend a minute and watch them as they will toss the boxes into the back of the truck. So it's not just drop offs. It can be pick ups too. I've never seen any throws resembling that GIF overhanding it over a fence, but those shitheads have no problems heaving them into the back even though some stuff we sell or need to to ship someone is fragile.

The closest resemblance I'd say is if you ever do some landscaping and you got those 10kg bags of soil, you grab a bag at the ends from your garage and just heave it on your lawn where it just plops on the ground.

Last edited:
I didn't get to really play anything last night... due to being a husband and father. ;)

I flew around a bit in The Falconer, but I didn't really do anything; I just wanted to see how it looked.

However, I'm happy I updated by modem yesterday! I was rocking a seven-year-old modem that couldn't push out the speeds I was paying for. I hope to have Control, Halo: MCC, and Forza 4 downloaded by the time I get home. I thought I had it downloading last night, but I guess the system turned off and didn't make any headway. I'm getting around 75-100+ Mbps, so it's better than the 20-30 I was getting, though I should be getting up to 250. I might have to have them come and check out my wiring and lines to make sure nothing is cock-blocking my speeds.

I feel everything is going to look fine to me, but I really have to get used to this UI. It's a clusterf*ck.

ZywyPL

Banned
[...] but I really have to get used to this UI. It's a clusterf*ck.

9c174d1f-6e34-4c7f-9e7e-e5048723e5c7-gif.792521

The "best" part of XB UI is that you have to go through all the submenus of the submenus, but when you want to go back just one step and you hit the circle button, it takes you all the way back to the main menu and you have to again go through all the submenus all over again, it's so damn frustrating...

Last edited:

The "best" part of XB UI is that you have to go through all the submenus of the submenus, but when you want to go back just one step and you hit the circle button, it takes you all the way back to the main menu and you have to again go through all the submenus all over again, It's so damn frustrating...

I think you missed another submenu. ;)

Topher

Gold Member
Are you going digital?

I'm probably going to try SN.

I mix up digital and physical quite a bit. Depends on the pricing. Right now, I'm just playing off Game Pass for XSX.

Solid line up other than Code Vein lol

Psychonauts 2 on XSX is flawless and such an amazing game. I'd put Ori 2 on that list if you haven't played it yet.

Not a fan of Ori myself. I know people love it but just not my thing. Code Vein looks cool, but my expectations are pretty low. Psychonauts 2 will probably be the first game I play tonight.

splattered

I went full on digital a couple years ago and sometimes regret it. I've been able to get SO many great games on sale at great prices but it's just a license. What happens if i can't access my account anymore or the servers to redownload a game? I guess that doesn't matter anymore anyway though because a disc is really just the initial download and the rest of the game has to be downloaded filling half the hard drive haha ... i do miss the days when full games were on the disc though.

Jemm

The "best" part of XB UI is that you have to go through all the submenus of the submenus, but when you want to go back just one step and you hit the circle button, it takes you all the way back to the main menu and you have to again go through all the submenus all over again, it's so damn frustrating...
Have you tried using B to go back? Or maybe I'm missing here something, but it works for me...

Last edited:
So, after setting up the S on my 4K TV with HDR, I'm happy. I've checked out Halo, Forza 4, Control, Cuphead, The Falconer, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice... I'm good with this until I can trade in for an X. I thought it looked and played great.

elliot5

So, after setting up the S on my 4K TV with HDR, I'm happy. I've checked out Halo, Forza 4, Control, Cuphead, The Falconer, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice... I'm good with this until I can trade in for an X. I thought it looked and played great.
glad you're enjoying it. Most people that actually use the device like it. It's definitely a capable machine, but there's nothing wrong with using it until an X comes along either.

JLB

Banned

Circle button?

Bogroll

Likes moldy games

I can't say I've noticed this, it just takes me back one screen but it is second nature to me.
Are you a PC player ?
I've use GP on my laptop and I think something like that happens on there but there are not many menus on PC GP.

Roberts

I mix up digital and physical quite a bit. Depends on the pricing. Right now, I'm just playing off Game Pass for XSX.

Not a fan of Ori myself. I know people love it but just not my thing. Code Vein looks cool, but my expectations are pretty low. Psychonauts 2 will probably be the first game I play tonight.
What about The Ascent?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Good deals on Hotukdeals at the moment; Seagate expansion £149 from Amazon EU and Forza Premium add on £24 from the Icelandic store.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Which Forza game is that? I want to buy the GP add on bundle so if it’s cheaper somewhere I’m interested:

54A7oDs.jpg
Horizon 5, in the UK you don’t need a VPN or anything, just click the Icelandic link and click the blue button to buy. You can then use on your UK account with your UK version of the game no problem. Not sure if it’s the same for America.

Chukhopops

Horizon 5, in the UK you don’t need a VPN or anything, just click the Icelandic link and click the blue button to buy. You can then use on your UK account with your UK version of the game no problem. Not sure if it’s the same for America.

Managed to claim it, bit of a pain to order in Icelandic but the price is an absolute steal (comes to €28.4). That's the price you'd pay for just the two expansions and you get VIP + early access + car pack on top. Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:

elliot5

Man......I'm totally digging Psychonauts 2. Guess I'm almost two hours in so still a ways to go, but loving the quirky characters and game play. Has a Tim Burton kind of feel to it. Great sense of style. Lots of fun.
Game is GOATed. Will be the first game I 1000/1000 soon enough. First game I "platinum" in general really.

I adore the old point and click and manage strategy games; I probably just slaughtered that genre, but I'm running on zero coffee. When I was 13-15, I would play Warcraft for like 12 hours at a time with my kidneys screaming from all the Pepsi flowing through my system. I've never been able to get into my old love of that genre with a controller. Would you guys use kb&m or controller for an AoE?

elliot5

I adore the old point and click and manage strategy games; I probably just slaughtered that genre, but I'm running on zero coffee. When I was 13-15, I would play Warcraft for like 12 hours at a time with my kidneys screaming from all the Pepsi flowing through my system. I've never been able to get into my old love of that genre with a controller. Would you guys use kb&m or controller for an AoE?
Kbm 100%. Halo Wars works on the controller a bit but can't imagine aoe with one.

BTW there's lots of point and click and management games on game pass you can check out

Gerdav

If you are playing Far Cry 6 on Xbox Series X, be sure to download the optional 26GB HD texture pack from the Store (add-ons). Found out about it in Twitter.

Still downloading it myself, so can't comment yet, but I'm sure it's worth it.
Does this actually install for anyone on a Series X?, I set the download last night, at some point the 26GB download stopped and started over again, so I left it overnight with 5GB or so done and just checked this morning to find it has morphed into a 8mb file that still showed as installation stopped.

Checking the store I see it has a average rating of 1 stars so upon reading the reviews I find this is a common problem, I am just wondering as this is a smart delivery game is this meant for the series consoles, or for the One family as it’s seems strange there were no prompts or pushes to install this upon initially launching the game, and frankly the game looks great as it is.

Jemm

Does this actually install for anyone on a Series X?, I set the download last night, at some point the 26GB download stopped and started over again, so I left it overnight with 5GB or so done and just checked this morning to find it has morphed into a 8mb file that still showed as installation stopped.

Checking the store I see it has a average rating of 1 stars so upon reading the reviews I find this is a common problem, I am just wondering as this is a smart delivery game is this meant for the series consoles, or for the One family as it’s seems strange there were no prompts or pushes to install this upon initially launching the game, and frankly the game looks great as it is.
It installed for me.

Some other people are having problems, too. See, if this helps:

DaGwaphics

I would want to use K&M for that on console. Hopefully they make this available on S/X (and the AoE2 & 3 remasters as well)

Topher

Gold Member
I would want to use K&M for that on console. Hopefully they make this available on S/X (and the AoE2 & 3 remasters as well)

I really wish K&M were options across the board on console. I can't play FPS with controllers so I have to play those on PC which is fine, but more options is better.

Top Bottom