• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

I just got an email from Xbox. I got a Notice of Enforcement Action, I gotta wait till I get home from work to see if my Xbox Live is suspended or something.

So yesterday I was playing a ranked game on MLB 21: The Show. I was down 5-2 in the 9th inning, I tied the game and then I won it in the 10th inning with a blast by Matt Kemp. But as soon as I hit the home run, the guy I was playing against quit. So the home run did not count, even though I won the game. I was so pissed because I lost the chance to "parallel up" Matt Kemp and I lost the change to unlock some stuff. So I sent a message to the guy calling him a quiting asshole. I guess he reported me, he quits and I get punished for calling him out smh.

I know I shouldn't had sent the message but what I said wasn't that mean. The dude freaking quit and he knew he was screwing me. Xbox is going fucking soft.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
I just got an email from Xbox. I got a Notice of Enforcement Action, I gotta wait till I get home from work to see if my Xbox Live is suspended or something.

So yesterday I was playing a ranked game on MLB 21: The Show. I was down 5-2 in the 9th inning, I tied the game and then I won it in the 10th inning with a blast by Matt Kemp. But as soon as I hit the home run, the guy I was playing against quit. So the home run did not count, even though I won the game. I was so pissed because I lost the chance to "parallel up" Matt Kemp and I lost the change to unlock some stuff. So I sent a message to the guy calling him a quiting asshole. I guess he reported me, he quits and I get punished for calling him out smh.

I know I shouldn't had sent the message but what I said wasn't that mean. The dude freaking quit and he knew he was screwing me. Xbox is going fucking soft.

Never ever send a message. Quitters are a shame -I play plenty of FIFA, so I know what you are talking about- but if someone is an asshole playing, you should assume it will be an asshole as well to report you. Hopefully is not that bad.

Never ever send a message. Quitters are a shame -I play plenty of FIFA, so I know what you are talking about- but if someone is an asshole playing, you should assume it will be an asshole as well to report you. Hopefully is not that bad.
Lesson learned my brother! I should've known better than that but I was steaming a bit. I don't think it'll be that bad, this is the first time I get a Notice of Enforcement Action. I don't think they ban you on your 1st strike. Quitters are just the worse though!

Kagey K

Banned
Lesson learned my brother! I should've known better than that but I was steaming a bit. I don't think it'll be that bad, this is the first time I get a Notice of Enforcement Action. I don't think they ban you on your 1st strike. Quitters are just the worse though!
It was most likely the cursing in the message that got the enforcement action.

Id be willing to bet it’s a communications ban, which means no party chart or sending messages for the time being.

It was most likely the cursing in the message that got the enforcement action.

Id be willing to bet it’s a communications ban, which means no party chart or sending messages for the time being.
Well I don't know what my punishment is but I can't see it! I turned on the Xbox & I was able to get on a party chat with a friend. I also played a quick game of Rocket League online with no problems. I saw that Xbox has a "behavior" tier and I got bumped down a peg but I'm still in the green. What I think they do is match you online with other troublemakers instead of with the good boys the more infractions you get.

Next time I get the urge of sending a rage message I'll just follow cormack12 cormack12 advice lol. Or for my sanity I'll just shut up.

Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés use the language which is used on misc on bodybuilding.com, it will not get caught and you don't have to change much : )
I am not sending any more meanie messages my man lol. Xbox is definitely not the same as the mid 2000's, they're pretty sensitive about language now. Halo 3 & COD: Modern Warfare on an open mic was something wild back then. Damn I miss those days! Getting together with the high school buddies, making a clan thinking we were going to be pro-gamers lol. Ah the good ol' days. The only games I play online now are Rocket League & MLB.

Artistic

Anyone else hate the placement of the Share button on the new Series X/S controller? I'm constantly accidently screenshotting stuff I don't want to.

It's convenient I guess, but definitely preffered using the Xbox/Home button on the One controller.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Anyone else hate the placement of the Share button on the new Series X/S controller? I'm constantly accidently screenshotting stuff I don't want to.

It's convenient I guess, bur definitely preffered using the Xbox/Home button on the One controller.

Seems like its way out of the way,

Which finger on which hand are you accidentally mashing it with?

Artistic

Damn you need to take better measurement of where the X button is.

I don't think you are meant to reload by mashing half the controller. 😅

Are you also smashing AB and X when attempting to push Y?
I play using Bumper Jumper, think B is reload lol.

It just happens randomly when aiming with the right stick.

JLB

Banned

It's convenient I guess, but definitely preffered using the Xbox/Home button on the One controller.

i dont like it. id prefer no share btn at all.
Less is more.

jedi fallen order tries to download to my internal memory all the time and it drives me nuts.

I beat the game long ago. It just sits on my external incase i feel like messing around with it again. I have no intention of playing the enhanced version and using up my internal SSD space. How can i make this bastard stop. (subnautica also does this)

Kagey K

Banned
jedi fallen order tries to download to my internal memory all the time and it drives me nuts.

I beat the game long ago. It just sits on my external incase i feel like messing around with it again. I have no intention of playing the enhanced version and using up my internal SSD space. How can i make this bastard stop. (subnautica also does this)
You have to delete them, or they will retry every time a new patch comes out.

Last edited:

Pantz

Gold Member
From TGS Sale, picked up:
$4.99 - LEGRAND LEGACY: Tale of the Fatebounds
$3.89 - The Clocker
$11.99 - ONE PUNCH MAN: A HERO NOBODY KNOWS Deluxe Edition
$4.99 - Skelattack

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Ofcourse, otherwise it would not feel like a Halo game. People echoing "rumours" about Halo Infinite being originally designed on Unreal or now wishing they use id Tech to make a Halo game(eventually that would turn that into another "rumour"), have now idea that a Halo game should feel and play like a Halo game. This would still go over the heads of some armchair devs.

Kagey K

Banned
Just turned on an old Xbox One in the guest room and it had the update with cloud games on it, so I fired up Avengers just to see, and I have to admit it worked pretty damn good.

It was shocking to have Series X load times and graphics on this old VCR.

I may actually use it from time to time in this room if I don’t want to download something before trying it.

Last edited:

reksveks

Think Microsoft are giving free playanywhere updates or when they are first creating the store pages, they aren't including pc. I think it's the latter.

aAgWGId.jpg

7a4Za76.jpg

Forth

Neophyte
Does anyone from the UK have a BT Smarthub 2?
I’m finding my Series X takes longer to sign in once I turn it on, about twenty seconds.
It used to be faster. I don’t want to buy a new router but I’m thinking I might have to.

I didn't want to make a thread for this question, so I'll simply ask here.

I had a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X in the past on a 4K TV. I thought it looked amazing. I did notice how a Slim PS4 did not look good on my TV. I didn't like the way Switch looked on my TV. Also, the enhanced games like RDR (360) looked amazing as well. I've also played on PC at 1440P. That looked amazing. I struggle to go back to 1080P. Now, I've been away from gaming for a while because my kid broke my monitor and I had to sell my consoles to pay some bills. Well, I finally was able to get a new gen console at retail: Series S. Will the Series S look good on my 4K TV based on what I'm used to? I have yet to see what a Series X or PS5 looks like on a 4K TV.

elliot5

I had a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X in the past on a 4K TV. I thought it looked amazing. I did notice how a Slim PS4 did not look good on my TV. I didn't like the way Switch looked on my TV. Also, the enhanced games like RDR (360) looked amazing as well. I've also played on PC at 1440P. That looked amazing. I struggle to go back to 1080P. Now, I've been away from gaming for a while because my kid broke my monitor and I had to sell my consoles to pay some bills. Well, I finally was able to get a new gen console at retail: Series S. Will the Series S look good on my 4K TV based on what I'm used to? I have yet to see what a Series X or PS5 looks like on a 4K TV.
Depends on the game. Most modern games should look fine at 1080p-1440p but some BC titles may not look their best as they will run Xbox One settings. Something like Gears 5 will look great, though. Same for Forza Horizon and Halo Infinite. BC Enhanced games will run at 1440p just like how Xbox One X ran them at 4K. It won't look as good as a XSX or PS5 of course, but if you don't know any better than the Series S will be fine. It will look much better than the Switch that's for sure. And look about the same as the One X but lower resolution in some games.

Depends on the game. Most modern games should look fine at 1080p-1440p but some BC titles may not look their best as they will run Xbox One settings. Something like Gears 5 will look great, though. Same for Forza Horizon and Halo Infinite. BC Enhanced games will run at 1440p just like how Xbox One X ran them at 4K. It won't look as good as a XSX or PS5 of course, but if you don't know any better than the Series S will be fine. It will look much better than the Switch that's for sure. And look about the same as the One X but lower resolution in some games.

Thanks for your reply.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games

I think it can depend on the tv as well. I have a Sony 4k tv nothing special, just a entry level 50" tv from 2017 that I had my Series S hooked up to and I was pretty impressed. Certainly better than when connected up my fat XB1. I don't know if it's the tv's internal scaler or the Series S up scaler or a combination of them both. ( I'm no expert)

Topher

Gold Member
I hope FedEx doesn't drop the ball today. My XSS arrived yesterday and it's supposed to go to a pickup point today. I would really like to play today.
I know that feeling.

Fail Fed Ex GIF

Every time I'm expecting a delivery from FedEx I feel compelled to say a prayer to the delivery gods. Only service I really trust at all is UPS, but most times I don't get to choose.

But yeah.....hope you get it on time. Come back and post your impressions.

My XSX is scheduled for delivery to Best Buy on Thursday. I keep hoping they will get it early and I can rush over and get it. No such luck....

Top Bottom