• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Banjo64

cumsessed
Halo Infinite is up for ‘pre-load’ (not the full file).

The multiplayer component is estimated to be 50gb.

However, the multiplayer has the Game Pass emblem emblazoned across it. I thought the multiplayer was F2P?

Forsythia

Halo Infinite is up for ‘pre-load’ (not the full file).

The multiplayer component is estimated to be 50gb.

However, the multiplayer has the Game Pass emblem emblazoned across it. I thought the multiplayer was F2P?
Is the mp a seperate tile? I preordered the campaign and I only had 1 file download, it's called Halo Infinite but has a picture of the multiplayer. If it's actually the file for the campaign that woukd explain the Game Pass logo.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Is the mp a seperate tile? I preordered the campaign and I only had 1 file download, it's called Halo Infinite but has a picture of the multiplayer. If it's actually the file for the campaign that woukd explain the Game Pass logo.
Yeah there’s 2 tiles available (one that’s including the campaign and costs £45 with the box art cover) - the multiplayer one just says multiplayer with the image of the Spartans. Both say GP.

tkJX9LY.jpg

Forsythia

Th
Yeah there’s 2 tiles available (one that’s including the campaign and costs £45 with the box art cover) - the multiplayer one just says multiplayer with the image of the Spartans. Both say GP.

tkJX9LY.jpg
That's weird for sure, but it probably will be fixed on release.

TBiddy

Am I doing something wrong? I've started playing Anthem, and whenever I pause the game to do whatever, I get disconnected and need to start the mission over. As someone with small kids, there can be a lot of pausing during a play session... is it really meant to disconnect me after a few minutes?

nikolino840

Am I doing something wrong? I've started playing Anthem, and whenever I pause the game to do whatever, I get disconnected and need to start the mission over. As someone with small kids, there can be a lot of pausing during a play session... is it really meant to disconnect me after a few minutes?
Never happened..maybe there's some xbox server issues in your zone...when i get disconneted is for that...only with anthem?

Roberts

Any impressions on:
Rustler
Song of Iron
Cloud Gardens
??
I played Song of Iron for an hour or so. Did you play the demo a year ago? If so, it is basically the same thing, only he (the sole developer) fixed the controls, upgraded the graphics a bit and just in general made the presentation a bit more complete. It’s nothing special, but at least the game has character.

Roberts

I was about to download the game myself. I will let you know how it works for me.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The four-day event, which takes place from September 30 to October 3, will include 44 presentations. Xbox has a 50-minute presentation planned for September 30 at 6pm Japan Standard Time (5am EDT, 10am BST).

Listed as the Xbox Tokyo Game Show Showcase 2021, the event promises new announcements related to the Japanese gaming market.

“Jump in and join Xbox as we bring our gaming ecosystem gaming to the world,” the event description reads. “We have some exclusive news and content to share and Tokyo Game Show 2021 is our stage.”

The presentation will be the latest part of Xbox’s attempt to make an impact in Japan, something it’s struggled to do ever since the original Xbox launched 20 years ago.

Roberts

I take back some of the stuff I said about Song of Iron. Got to the goblin underground and clumsy controls drove me nuts, because there is way more precision platforming than before. Eventually I got out of the caves, but my patience with the game is wearing thin. Despite that, I still appreciate what he did with the game, but I wish he spent a bit more time on it or at least got some outside help. One thing I love about it is that if you get surrounded by enemies and roll out of their way right when they swing at you, they can hit and hurt each other.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't get the "4 companies" part - MS, Sony, Tencent, and ???? Take-Two? What about Acti/Blizz? Ubi? EA? All the Japanes publishers? The rumor implies all of them will be bought, and needless to say, we are faaar from such scenario.
Embracer Group

cormack12

Gold Member
I take back some of the stuff I said about Song of Iron. Got to the goblin underground and clumsy controls drove me nuts, because there is way more precision platforming than before. Eventually I got out of the caves, but my patience with the game is wearing thin. Despite that, I still appreciate what he did with the game, but I wish he spent a bit more time on it or at least got some outside help. One thing I love about it is that if you get surrounded by enemies and roll out of their way right when they swing at you, they can hit and hurt each other.

I just bought this. Then I read this. Am cry. Ah well it was only £16 and I like to support these titles where I can.

Roberts

I just bought this. Then I read this. Am cry. Ah well it was only £16 and I like to support these titles where I can.
Yeah, I totally don’t regret buying it. He is obviously a very talented developer and the game is not without its joys - it just comes off as somewhat unfinished.

reksveks

Is it playanywhere friendly?

It has pc, xbox one and series under available on so assume so.

Looks like it cause it asked where I want to install and both my console and PC's turned up

Last edited:

elliot5

Is it playanywhere friendly?

It has pc, xbox one and series under available on so assume so.

Looks like it cause it asked where I want to install and both my console and PC's turned up
It has cloud saves but I don't see play anywhere listed. Meaning you can't buy once and get both. But on game pass your saves should transfer?

reksveks

It has cloud saves but I don't see play anywhere listed. Meaning you can't buy once and get both. But on game pass your saves should transfer?
I think the store sometimes just doesn't say it which is stupid, I will try to install on both and see what happens on the 9th.

Roberts

Just checked: it disconnects after 5 minutes of inactivity.

Are you guys getting good download speeds from the PC gamepass app? Resubbed after a while and I'm getting like 1/3 speed of my available bandwidth only.

Roberts

The more i play the more i like new super Lucky tales. What a charming, fun game.
It is my five year old daughter’s favourite game. When she is not fooling around with it herself, she wants me to play it. Fortunately, I enjoyed it despite rarely playing games like this. We got 1000/1000 in the original Lucky game, finished all the DLCs and now finished New Lucky Tales. Have only one achievement left that I can’t seem to get.

reksveks

Started playing Microsoft sudoku and it was a nice surprise to get xbox achievements.

In other news, two games out for me this week. Tales and Artful Escape, already struggling with getting through games.

JLB

Banned
It is my five year old daughter’s favourite game. When she is not fooling around with it herself, she wants me to play it. Fortunately, I enjoyed it despite rarely playing games like this. We got 1000/1000 in the original Lucky game, finished all the DLCs and now finished New Lucky Tales. Have only one achievement left that I can’t seem to get.

Same here. Recently my kid discovered Ori and the Will of Whisps, and I had to finish it ha. Absolutely awesome game, though I preferred to "hide" the real story to her a bit.

Roberts

Played Recompile and found out that it is a current gen game only. Other than The Medium, do we have any other games you can’t play on previous gen consoles?

Top Bottom