• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

elliot5

But I guess it probably makes sense to have the map downloaded anyway on the off chance?
I guess, if you have a bad connection/data cap or plan on playing flight sim offline for whatever reason. The map data is very low quality compared to the streamed stuff. I'll be saving precious storage and just streaming everything

Gerdav

It's not. It's 97 if you preloaded it before which will download all of it. If you install from the Store and manage the game you can see there is an offline map for 50 gigs or so that can be ignored or uninstalled
Yeah I see that now in manage game, it just straight up downloaded the 97GB with no options earlier like you said.

3LBkT1T.jpg

Last edited:

elliot5

Yeah I see that now in manage game, it just straight up downloaded the 97GB with no options earlier like you said.

3LBkT1T.jpg
From the store or the preload? The preload def just downloads the full thing. Ive seen people able to select the packages from the store if they do a direct download now that it's available.

Gerdav

From the store or the preload? The preload def just downloads the full thing. Ive seen people able to select the packages from the store if they do a direct download now that it's available.
Pre load from the 200mb odd placeholder, it’s just a straight 97GB download, it was not two separate downloads specifying the base game and offline mode which would have allowed you to cancel the offline map if you so desired.

elliot5

Pre load from the 200mb odd placeholder, it’s just a straight 97GB download, it was not two separate downloads specifying the base game and offline mode which would have allowed you to cancel the offline map if you so desired.
Yep that's why. Interesting that they decided to bundle the Offline Map by default and double the download size. Maybe it's for maximum compatibility out the gate

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

So i've pre-ordered Death's Door, The Ascent, and now Hades and MS Flight Simulator Premium Edition. Anything else coming out within the next couple months that are must buy? Next big game i am gonna grab will be Battlefield 2042 but i have some time before that one releases.
Blaster Master Zero 3 (1 and 2 just released on Xbox too), Diablo II Remastered, Lost Judgement, Tales of Arise, Back 4 Blood, Super Monkey Ball Remastered - some of the lower key stuff, all worth a look.
Im hoping that Psikyo Shmup Collection gets an Xbox release date this year.

Nice having so much to look forward to.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Summer sale prices are live.

I have so many games and yet here I am debating Dragons Dogma, Kingdoms of Amular or Kingdom Come Deliverence.

I haven’t played any of them, anyone recommend one over the other?

Last edited:

Pantz

Gold Member
Summer sale prices are live.

I have so many games and yet here I am debating Dragons Dogma, Kingdoms of Amular or Kingdom Come Deliverence.

I haven’t played any of them, anyone recommend one over the other?
Looks like one of the nicer sales in a while. Definitely will pick some stuff up after browsing.

Well... after browsing and seeing all the games already owned that I still need to play it cooled my jets.

Just got Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 ($12.49) and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 ($14.99).

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned

“The biggest part of the partnership for us is that Microsoft actually cares about the indie market. Otherwise, well, there would be much fewer games on all platforms. They really give a chance to small studios to actually produce something and provide marketing awareness to people. I would say that for indie studios, I can’t even think of a con (with partnering with Microsoft) because they provide funding and marketing reach.”

As for Game Pass, it allows more people to learn about the game, and actually play the game! Because there is frequently this situation for many players where they will see a game in the store and they want it, but at the same time it is $30, $60, or even more, and so you maybe Wishlist it, and then you usually forget.”

However, with Game Pass you just press a button and install. Of course, sometimes the possible con of this is that, you know, people might be too overflowing with games and so each game gets less attention. Still, equally, it is a chance for those games to shine. In other situations they might otherwise be drowned by thousands of other games. Game Pass allows us and many other developers to actually deliver our project to people. Also, from what I heard, Game Pass also boosts sales, but we’ll see about that! To summarize, it’s a win, win situation for us.”

Naked Lunch

Anyone else having issues with Microsoft/Xbox Rewards?
Theres a punchcard for Flight Sim - activate then purchase for 6000pts. Which I did but nothing.
This is also happening for a surprise offer on the dashboard - spend $10 in store for 2000pts. Nothing.
Also I bought a Summer Sale item and its not counting towards the $40 for points.

Never had these issues before.

Kagey K

Banned
Anyone else having issues with Microsoft/Xbox Rewards?
Theres a punchcard for Flight Sim - activate then purchase for 6000pts. Which I did but nothing.
This is also happening for a surprise offer on the dashboard - spend $10 in store for 2000pts. Nothing.
Also I bought a Summer Sale item and its not counting towards the $40 for points.

Never had these issues before.
It can sometimes take a day or 2 for the dollars spent to show up. My purchases from the ultimate sale aren’t counting yet either.

splattered

I made the mistake of buying the games AFTER clicking on the punch card because i didn't know about it, but even though i now know and go to click on the punch it takes me to an error page. I dunno we'll see what happens i guess. Will get on w customer service chat or something if i have to.

Naked Lunch

I made the mistake of buying the games AFTER clicking on the punch card because i didn't know about it, but even though i now know and go to click on the punch it takes me to an error page. I dunno we'll see what happens i guess. Will get on w customer service chat or something if i have to.
It looks like for the summer sale thing - you dont actually have to click the punch card - it just knows what youre spending on the actual sale. When you click the first box it usually just takes you to the sale in the store - but like you said, its giving an error message now. For me its not totaling either.

Now for those other things, like purchasing Flight Sim - you do have to click the punch card first. On reddit people were saying you could ask ms for a refund and repurchase to get the points. Or just start a support ticket thru the rewards site - which I just now discovered.

BTW, love the Savage Dragon avatar splattered splattered - I have every issue ever printed. Been buying monthly since 1992's #1 :messenger_grinning:
Writing/drawing/inking every issue is a helluva thing.

Last edited:

catvonpee

It only took 30 years. But I finally got to play an arcade perfect port of Smash TV on 'the world's most powerful console' on a controller with twin sticks and infinite lives. I used to fantasize about this when I was a kid. Life is good.

DaGwaphics

Just grabbed Mafia DE and Nsane trilogy this morning, hopefully those will get counted towards the summer sale bonus points.

On another note, it feels a bit blasphemous to play crash on an Xbox controller. :messenger_beaming:

cormack12

Gold Member
I just wanted to point out to everyone that one of my favorite games ever is on Gamepass and it has fantastic Series X optimization...

So I hope maybe you will check out Zombie Army 4.

Some of my ZA4 collection.
ciQ2v3u.jpg
sWM9AJn.jpg
You might have persuaded me.

Question. My bro is in hospital and coming home soon. I'm gonna pick him an S up for his bedroom. Can I just copy gamepass games I've downloaded and put them on his drive and he can play them?

Like instead of download fifa 21 on his console. Can I just copy the version I have and then his GPU sub will unlock it?

catvonpee

Question. My bro is in hospital and coming home soon. I'm gonna pick him an S up for his bedroom. Can I just copy gamepass games I've downloaded and put them on his drive and he can play them?

Like instead of download fifa 21 on his console. Can I just copy the version I have and then his GPU sub will unlock it?
I know you can move games around from drive to drive pretty easily. I'm not sure about the Gamepass sub though. But I think it is still only a dollar for a three month trial...

DaGwaphics

Never tried it. But I almost think that digital downloads are signed to the account that downloaded them. So, could only be played on the originating accounts home console or when the originating user is signed in.

They might just do a quick fix and update things for the new account, have no idea.

elliot5

Don't know but you can just sign in on the Series S and make that your home console and it'll let him share your benefits in the event there's some sort of issue with the download swap. If he has GPU then I think it'll be no issue with the download plug in

Kagey K

Banned

Yes. I did it for a friend with Destiny back in the day because he had terrible ass internet. Put it in an external, plug it into his system, copy it over. He will have to sign into live at least once to be able to use it though.

cormack12

Gold Member
Yes. I did it for a friend with Destiny back in the day because he had terrible ass internet. Put it in an external, plug it into his system, copy it over. He will have to sign into live at least once to be able to use it though.
Thanks man

Edit: Just confirming this did actually work. Copied the games over and then when he added XGPU they just opened and played.

Last edited:

catvonpee

I'm working out of state but I should be home in the evening if you want to play some ZA4 with me... My gt is the same as my username here. Or feel free to send me a PM.

Naked Lunch

Not sure if you checked your Xbox Rewards app lately - but all my punches I posted about earlier went thru today including the Ultimate Game Sale $40 thing. Took a couple of days - and its confirmed you dont have to click the 1st tab for that one - just buy stuff from the specific sale totaling to $40 and then click the second tab.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Not sure if you checked your Xbox Rewards app lately - but all my punches I posted about earlier went thru today including the Ultimate Game Sale $40 thing. Took a couple of days - and its confirmed you dont have to click the 1st tab for that one - just buy stuff from the specific sale totaling to $40 and then click the second tab.
Yeah mine finally went through earlier today too.

splattered

Sweet thanks! I'll check out the app soon :D

Roberts

His story about the challenges they faced while trying to FPS boost Dark Souls 3 is just another example how MS has changed as a company. There is a reason why we haven’t seen any new FPS boost additions lately, because they have been working on DS3 for quite some time. It is not going to make them any money, but they still did all that hard work, because fans were pestering them about it. Respect.

DaGwaphics

LOL just saw that little brain fart from Shawn Layden about needing 500m GP subscribers to start getting a return on investment if you release a $120m game on there. Everybody knows you need $60b dollars a year in revenue to make those $120m games work.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

I'm sure it has been making the rounds around gaf.

Last edited:

Roberts

Just experienced my first little issue with XSX since getting it in November. It’s probably not even the console’s fault, but I tried to play Labyrinth UHD and and the humming noise it produced was unbearable. Tried both vertical and horizontal positions - no change. Other discs play fine, so I guess it is a faulty disc.

Another Xbox related thing that made me curious: I noticed that both Sniper Elite and Shadow of Tomb Raider just got optimised for new gen consoles. Both relatively old games, both got FPS boost recently. I wonder if developers saw the increase in both games’ popularity and did a fast update so that PS5 players also get to play them in 60fps? Anyway, SE4 looks so much better in 4K, it is not even funny.

Doncabesa

Just experienced my first little issue with XSX since getting it in November. It’s probably not even the console’s fault, but I tried to play Labyrinth UHD and and the humming noise it produced was unbearable. Tried both vertical and horizontal positions - no change. Other discs play fine, so I guess it is a faulty disc.

Another Xbox related thing that made me curious: I noticed that both Sniper Elite and Shadow of Tomb Raider just got optimised for new gen consoles. Both relatively old games, both got FPS boost recently. I wonder if developers saw the increase in both games’ popularity and did a fast update so that PS5 players also get to play them in 60fps? Anyway, SE4 looks so much better in 4K, it is not even funny.

As far as Tomb Raider goes they were patching it on PS5 so they most likely assumed that they should on Xbox as well. Not a huge difference pre-post patch on X but it helped the S I believe.

Top Bottom