• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

reksveks

Too many controllers already in my life.

P. S I think an overhaul is a bit of a stretch, I just expect adaptive triggers and haptic.

Last edited:

Roberts

As a sucker for all kinds of Diablo rip-offs, I bought Warhammer: Chaosbane during the last week’s sale. Mostly because it was XS optimized. Played through the first act and then then some. I think it is not bad, it is kind of light on RPG elements and you don’t get overwhelmed by endless avalanches of new loot, but the game seems polished, looks better than most low to mid-budget of its type and there are some fun gameplay touches - my elf can cast a spell, that you can control with the right stick, while moving with your left.

Also, spent more time with the new Yakuza game and I think I can finally say that it works so much better than the previous games, mostly because of turn based combat and the mere fact that Ichiban and his oddball buddies are some much more endearing characters. Also, it is the first time since getting XSX I opted to play a game in quality mode instead of performance. The difference between 4k and 1440p is huge in this case, but the turn based combat doesn’t really need 60 fps.

One change I would make to the newest Xbox controller would be to move the bumper buttons and triggers a little bit back. I think the Bumper buttons sit to close to the front of the controller and my fingers don't naturally sit flush on them.

DaGwaphics

Yeah haptics (like the switch has even) are probably the safer bet. The triggers are very hit or miss for me on PS5

This. Wouldn't mind seeing them throw a gyro and accelerometer in there either, since both Nintendo and Sony are including those. There are so many videos up already about home repairs on dualsense triggers, makes me think that isn't worth while.

TBiddy

Need some suggestions on what to play next. I've finished Fallen Order, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Outer Worlds, so I'm looking for more games like that - preferrably on game pass. I'm waiting with the replay of the old ME trilogy until the legendary edition arrives on GP though.

elliot5

Need some suggestions on what to play next. I've finished Fallen Order, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Outer Worlds, so I'm looking for more games like that - preferrably on game pass. I'm waiting with the replay of the old ME trilogy until the legendary edition arrives on GP though.
I'm playing through Quantum Break right now and really enjoying it

kuncol02

Banned
Yeah haptics (like the switch has even) are probably the safer bet. The triggers are very hit or miss for me on PS5
I know that MS was working on their own technology similar to adaptative triggers. It's actually way more advanced judging by patent. It's fully controlled including position of trigger, not only spring tension.

"Such a motor-driven, force-feedback trigger configuration enables the user-perceived state of the trigger to be dynamically adjusted in a variety of ways. For example, the trigger may be driven by the force-feedback motor to adjust a user-perceived resistance of the user-actuatable trigger. In another example, the trigger may be driven by the force-feedback motor to simulate a hard stop that effectively adjusts a pull length or range of rotation of the trigger. In another example, the trigger may be driven by the force-feedback motor to assist the trigger in returning to a fully-extended or "unpressed" posture when a user' s finger is removed from the trigger. In another example, the trigger may be driven by the force-feedback motor to vibrate the trigger."

Hawke502

Not the same kind of sci fi, but since you seem to like RPGs, i wouls say go for Wasteland 3, one of the best RPGs that i have ever played.

JLB

Banned

Probably you have already plaued it, but if not, Fallout 4 is a masterpiece.

Kagey K

Banned
Fallout, Greedfall, Dragon Age, Witcher, off the top of my head. Not sure which you have played.

Kagey K

Banned
Just got the strangest notification on Xbox telling me Lumines Live just got an ESRB rating change to Everyone.

That is new. Popped up as a toast like a game that is ready to start, while I was playing a different game.

Roberts

Fallout, Greedfall, Dragon Age, Witcher, off the top of my head. Not sure which you have played.
Yeah, try Greedfall. It has its share of eurojank, but it just got a free 60fps XS optimisation and the game is obviously a love letter to Bioware’s classics.

Kagey K

Banned
From June NPD

Xbox Series was the best-selling hardware platform in dollar sales for the month of June, while Nintendo Switch led in unit sales.

June dollar sales of Xbox consoles set a new record for the Xbox platform, besting the previous high set in June 2011.

The June release of the A Pirate's Life content update helped push Sea of Thieves up from 36th a month ago back into the top 20 best-seller’s chart. Sea of Thieves originally launched in March 2018

Damn, surprised to see Xbox beat PS5! I love both so it's great to see competition again. When the first party games like Halo start shipping shit is going to explode.

ManaByte

Gold Member
When the first party games like Halo start shipping shit is going to explode.
Happy Chris Pratt GIF

dem

What the F is up with the screen tearing in the new Sea of Thieves content??

Playing on a Series X and its almost unplayable at times.

elliot5

What the F is up with the screen tearing in the new Sea of Thieves content??

Playing on a Series X and its almost unplayable at times.
framerate just tanks in some scenarios. even on PC a certain view in TT1 ill go from 120+fps to like 50

sigrad

I can't post new threads but if you are looking for an Xbox Series X. They have them in stock here

Chukhopops

WATTT??! THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED WRITING THE GAME YET???!

Isn't that how it usually goes around here?
To me the fact that it says survival/fantasy game means it’s not SoD 3 but another project since there’s nothing fantasy about State of Decay. It’s just a guess though.

MDSLKTR

Seems Ubisoft games are poised to be endless live service trash for the rest of the gen :/ I could see the old rumors of their back catalogue coming to GP being true since they don't give a f anymore.

Andodalf

Banned
Seems Ubisoft games are poised to be endless live service trash for the rest of the gen :/ I could see the old rumors of their back catalogue coming to GP being true since they don't give a f anymore.

they’re doing what they have to in order to stay alive and not get bought out. Hopefully the platforms they create allow for cool stuff to be built in them, like an AC1 remake inside AC infinite

Jebron

I'd love to know if there's any other reasons they're pursuing live-service models for most of their future games other than revenue and profit. I want to be optimistic about AC Infinite and XDefiant, but I just don't see the upside for players.

splattered

So i've pre-ordered Death's Door, The Ascent, and now Hades and MS Flight Simulator Premium Edition. Anything else coming out within the next couple months that are must buy? Next big game i am gonna grab will be Battlefield 2042 but i have some time before that one releases.

Kagey K

Banned
So i've pre-ordered Death's Door, The Ascent, and now Hades and MS Flight Simulator Premium Edition. Anything else coming out within the next couple months that are must buy? Next big game i am gonna grab will be Battlefield 2042 but i have some time before that one releases.
Psychonauts 2.

Top Bottom