• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
A week late to this but
Ryan Gosling Clap GIF
Thats not so bad, the perm was about 2 years too late to begin with.

Sigh. We haven’t seen much of anything from a lot of those studios. I don’t mean to come across as a prick or start shit , it’s just that I’m tired of this talk with Xbox particularly when I’m seeing the stuff that’s come out and is coming out on other platforms . I think I’d appreciate that guys tweet more if we had seen more stuff from other first party that was impressive and it gets you thinking more about what that guys studio is up to.

Game pass and the third party day one deals are great , Outriders and so on . I want to see Xbox bringing their games like Sony is the last few years. I play on all the systems and like Xbox the most and want them to wow people, that’s what healthy competition should be.

Chukhopops

Sigh. We haven’t seen much of anything from a lot of those studios. I don’t mean to come across as a prick or start shit , it’s just that I’m tired of this talk with Xbox particularly when I’m seeing the stuff that’s come out and is coming out on other platforms . I think I’d appreciate that guys tweet more if we had seen more stuff from other first party that was impressive and it gets you thinking more about what that guys studio is up to.

Game pass and the third party day one deals are great , Outriders and so on . I want to see Xbox bringing their games like Sony is the last few years. I play on all the systems and like Xbox the most and want them to wow people, that’s what healthy competition should be.
Wasteland 3 released August 28, 2020, when did you expect a reveal of their next game? That’s 8 months ago.

DaGwaphics

Wasteland 3 released August 28, 2020, when did you expect a reveal of their next game? That’s 8 months ago.

That's something that many don't pay attention to enough. It's somewhat similar with most of the pre-Bethesda acquisitions, most either had just released a game or were near release. It's going to take a minute for them to get the next projects ready. Eventually everything will start to click and with this many studios output should be consistent.

I was finally able to snatch a Xbox Wireless Headset at Walmart. Checking the site at 7am definitely paid off. Delivery is on May 4. I can't wait to try them on.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Tom Warren saying there will be 50+ additions in terms of 60/120fps framerate boosted games next week.

🔥💚

I’ve said it before, but give me that Blind Forest, Cup Head, Hallow Knight trio and the Dark Souls trilogy alongside Sekiro. Please MS, it’ll be great.

JLB

Banned
Tom Warren saying there will be 50+ additions in terms of 60/120fps framerate boosted games next week.

🔥💚

I’ve said it before, but give me that Blind Forest, Cup Head, Hallow Knight trio and the Dark Souls trilogy alongside Sekiro. Please MS, it’ll be great.

Isnt Sekiro already 60fps?

Pantz

Gold Member
Rumors are, lots of news coming this week. Well, seems like there's always a fair bit of news first week of a month.
Keep an eye out for that 6am pst time

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in 60 fps... Mmm yes please! I really need to win the lotto and quit my job, otherwise I'll never be able to get to everything. I just started Outriders and it's damn good, plus I've been playing tons of MLB: The Show 21. Plus FF: X coming to Game Pass and now this. I don't have freaking time.

DaGwaphics

Wow That's impressive. I wonder what is up with Steep and MotoGP 20, I can understand the weaker S model not supporting some of these modes, but kinda weird that the X doesn't get these two but the S does.

Great to see Shadow of the Tomb Raider on there, maybe they will get Rise on the list as well.

Banjo64

cumsessed
There’s now over 30 120fps games for the Series S through FPS boost alone (not counting S|X enhanced games like Gears 5, Halo: MCC, Rocket League and Warzone).

This console is literally the dream console if you have a 1080p 144hz monitor knocking about.

It’s going to end up having hundreds and hundreds of 120fps games as MS have plowed through 100 FPS boost games in next to no time.

The little box that could;

Microsoft GIF by Xbox

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We worked with the design studio Reality to Idea (RTI) to drop ten of these Limited Edition crates on the #NTWRK app, available now.

ABOUT THE COLLAB
RTI is a design studio and brand founded by Joshua Vides, and they have gone above and beyond to craft a hand-painted crate featuring the next generation of Xbox hardware.

With 15+ years at the intersection of streetwear and art, RTI has collaborates with some of the world’s most iconic brands, developing experiences and noteworthy products. Their limited edition Xbox crates will include:

• An Xbox Series X
• An Xbox Series S
• A Custom Xbox Wireless Controller
• A Custom Xbox Wireless Headset
• A Signature RTI Cone In Iconic Xbox Green

All proceeds will be donated by NTWRK to the U.S. Latinx Art Forum!

Jemm

For a box that was sent from the devil himself, it's holding up very well so far. Big scuttlebutt about the RAM again around here.

Sure, all the devs would have preferred more, but I think they'll continue to make it work.
It's a console aimed for those who don't know of any better or care. Those who always buy the cheapest appliance, even if it misses some features etc. They don't notice frame drops or image quality issues. XSX would be wasted, unless they want a disc drive.

ZywyPL

Banned
It's a console aimed for those who don't know of any better or care. Those who always buy the cheapest appliance, even if it misses some features etc. They don't notice frame drops or image quality issues. XSX would be wasted, unless they want a disc drive.

My nephew switched from One S to Series S - he plays on some old 40" Panasonic FullHD TV, and so far it has been an amazing update for him - everything he plays runs at crisp, native 1080p, and silky smooth 60FPS, exactly the way the games should've been played, and the loading times are the biggest upgrade here, for example he jumps into a Fortnite match faster than he could get past the game's initial loading on One S. I keep saying that this if the targeted audience for the console, people with older TV sets, where the console isn't underpowered at all, it actually has quite a bit of headroom, as oppose to XSX/PS5 that already struggle with 4K.

Top Bottom