• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

splattered

WOW ... lets see if it actually sticks this time. I do feel like the mods have been better lately even if general board bias sways towards sony. Doesn't feel like as much dog piling has been going on recently.

splattered

Yeah my kids LOVE dinosaurs, i'm very excited for Second Extinction!

On a side note, i received the 1TB Seagate Expansion Card (3yr warranty!) and i am shocked at how fast the transfer speeds are between internal and external drives. WOW! Transferring between external USB and the external SSD are still slower like they are between internal and an external USB... but move anything between actual SSD drives and it's super fast!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I considered him a dickhead. Hopefully more of those clowns get the boot too.
He's a different guy without list wars. His alternate tactics still didnt work.

Problem with the hardcore fan warrior is that all they do is post defending the fort. This site has 4 key tabs of threads and lots of topics.

Yet 100% of their posts only involve being warrior.

Heck, I'm even chatting in the Euro Super League thread and I know noting about soccer. But as a sports fan it's a hugely important topic for the integrity of sports in general. You'll never see a fan warrior discussing something like that or even gaming related like Castlevania Netflix show.

Last edited:
GAF just got a bit better for Xbox users

UserPostGivenExpiresReason
thelastword thelastword PostApr 20, 2021PermanentYou were served your permanent ban notice the last time. You took us up on the offer. Enjoy other communities.

giphy.gif

Countdown to the incoming alt. Neo Member TheFinalSay has entered the GAF.

Elias

Got in an invite to the beta on PC, plays like a dream. Now to figure out how to sneakily play with a controller at work....

JLB

Banned
After so many years, I finally got to play Fallout 4 (I just cant play 1st person shooters at 30fps). So framerate boost was exactly what I needed.
What an absolute beast of game. Really enjoying it, some of the characters like the detective are automatic classics for me.
The ambient is fantastic as well.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Taken from the thread on the main forum;

Some EA Play games are getting FPS Boost on Xbox Series consoles... I'm liking this trend because what I don't like about XSS (which I hoping get in a couple of months) is that games run as on Xbox One S and not X but this totally changes that for me :D

GamesXbox Series XXbox Series SOff by Default on Series XIn Xbox Game Pass
Battlefield 1120hz___
✔
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)
Battlefield 4120hz120hz
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)
Battlefield V120hz___
✔
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst120hz___
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare120hz120hz
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville120hz120hz
✔
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2120hz120hz
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)
Sea of Solitude60hz60hz(EA Play / Ultimate)
STAR WARS Battlefront120hz120hz
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)
STAR WARS Battlefront II120hz___
✔
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)
Titanfall120hz___
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)
Titanfall 2120hz120hz
✔
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)
Unravel 2120hz120hz
✔
✔
(EA Play / Ultimate)

Source: https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/?ocid=Platform_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_4.22.2

🔥🔥

Alx

I realized a few days ago that the "quick resume" function now works for BC 360 games, that's cool (noticed it while playing Bejeweled 3 on a regular Xbox One). I suppose it was part of the latest improvements of that feature in the recent update for the "new gen" QR, but it's nice to see improvements on the older models too.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Dragon Quest Builders 2, Game Pass, 4th May;

Mmnow

I realized a few days ago that the "quick resume" function now works for BC 360 games, that's cool (noticed it while playing Bejeweled 3 on a regular Xbox One). I suppose it was part of the latest improvements of that feature in the recent update for the "new gen" QR, but it's nice to see improvements on the older models too.
It's always worked, as far as I know.

I reckon it has been improved upon though. Started up Doom for the first time in ages and it was still in Quick Resume, even though I'd played a dozen Xbox One/Series X games in the mean time. I'm half wondering if smaller games are just staying by default now, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Alx

It's always worked, as far as I know.
Maybe on Series, but I'm pretty sure that on Xbox One, 360 games haven't worked with the resume function from the beginning (the old version, where they would stay in RAM). Maybe the improvement is older than I thought, though.

Bridges

Maybe on Series, but I'm pretty sure that on Xbox One, 360 games haven't worked with the resume function from the beginning (the old version, where they would stay in RAM). Maybe the improvement is older than I thought, though.
Oh wait, they added Quick Resume to the base Xbox One? That's awesome, wasn't sure if that was possible on the older hardware

DaGwaphics

Oh wait, they added Quick Resume to the base Xbox One? That's awesome, wasn't sure if that was possible on the older hardware

They what? I haven't seen that on mine, I've just go the old basic resume that is just holding the memory. Seems like it would just have to be considered "Resume" on X1, because those loads might take 30 or 40 seconds off the spinner. Might still be faster than the initial load, plus you'd get the benefit of keeping the sessions open. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe it is a feature for people in the preview program.

Alx

Yeah I don't exactly remember how you're supposed to call it on Xbox One, it's the old resume function where the game is kept in RAM even when you put the console on standby. It only works for one game at a time obviously, unlike on Series where several games can be stored on SSD.

Last edited:

Bridges

Yeah I don't exactly remember how you're supposed to call it on Xbox One, it's the old resume function where the game is kept in RAM even when you put the console on standby. It only works for one game at a time obviously, unlike on Series where several games can be stored on SSD.
Ah, gotcha, I misunderstood and got excited, but that makes way more sense. My base Xbox One has had to update like crazy lately so I thought maybe they were doing what they could to add feature parity. That old thing is so hard to go back to now, even just compared to the One X, booted it up last night and it took forever just to boot into Prime Video, and trying to load games is a nightmare when even indies like Monster Train take forever. The near-instant loads of the Series X have definitely spoiled me.

Top Bottom