• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

ManaByte

Apparently there's supposed to be an announcement today??
200.gif

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
That was hilarious. It's like he one day tries to act as a shill for MS and then the next day tries to act like he's a Sony fan. Must be trying to gain followers I suppose.
He's just an attention whore troll. The sooner people stop paying attention to him, the faster he'll go away and MAYBE do something with his life other than trolling Twitter and message boards in hopes of getting the attention his parents obviously never gave him.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I hope Ori and the Blind Forest gets an S/X boost (Ori’s animations are currently 30fps on Xbox, 60fps on Switch) or failing that, the new boost mode; 120fps with 60fps animations would be dandy.

DaGwaphics

Hi guys. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Please be careful with any purchasing decisions you make with Microsoft or Xbox involved.

Stay safe and be kind.

I'm not sure what MS could do to come out any more guns blazing than they have (other than having a bit more 1st party, but they couldn't really help that), and yet to some they still have one foot out the door. As an Xbot from the very beginning, I've been reading variations of this same quote for 20 yrs now. LOL

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Upcoming ID@Xbox title.

[The Little Witch in the Forest Discord Open Event] Join the official Discord of Little Witch in the Woods and take part in the quiz Starbucks Americano Gifticons will be given to 10 people through a lottery. (4/9~4/16) [Go to Official Discord Channel] http://discord.gg/wkg33YuMvR

[Event period] April 9 (Fri) ~ April 16 (Fri), 2021 [Winner Announcement] Announcement of winning by individual contact (DM) on April 20 (Tue), 2021 [How to apply for the event] 1.Join the Little witch in the Woods Discord server 2.#game Checking the event contents in the -event channel 3.#polls Check out the quiz on the channel and click the correct answer emoticon
[Guidelines] -You can request the winner's name and phone number to send the prize, and if you send personal information, you agree to provide personal information to [Sunnyside Up] for sending the prize. -If there is no reply within 3 days after the announcement of the winner, the prize will be automatically cancelled.

Last edited:
Regarding Jez Corden’s comments about third party deals, it got me thinking about future Telltale stuff like Wolf Among Us 2 etc. I know the original Telltale is no more however it got me thinking with its spiritual successor, could these type of games be a good suit for Gamepass going forward?

The Wolf Among is brilliant imo as is Tales from the Borderlands

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Regarding Jez Corden’s comments about third party deals, it got me thinking about future Telltale stuff like Wolf Among Us 2 etc. I know the original Telltale is no more however it got me thinking with its spiritual successor, could these type of games be a good suit for Gamepass going forward?

The Wolf Among is brilliant imo as is Tales from the Borderlands

That's the genius of GP, there really isn't a genre that doesn't fit, room for everything.

Roberts

So, any of you guys have been wondering why FPS boost updates have been so scarce? I know MS have said that it doesn’t work on every game and it takes tons of testing to make sure it works all the way through, but my gut tells me we are only going to see very few games boosted. I really hope I’m wrong.

Pantz

Gold Member
So I got a new beast of a PC about 3 weeks ago with 3080 and all of that good stuff and I've still playing my Xbox Series X along with it.

Just saying it's possible to have and enjoy both in their own way.

DaGwaphics

Obviously the forum discussion genre doesn’t work well for Game Pass. 😉

Fucking Asinine.

Now that we are in prohibition, I'm referring to it as "the service" to be safe.

Seriously, can you imagine being so fragile that seeing a few topics on the main page disturbs you that much. But I guess the 5 or 6 "Sony Pass" threads are okay, or the massive influx in Ryan threads. LOL

Mods should have just locked the silly GP threads when they came up, the ones that didn't really discuss anything but were just "I love it or I hate", that sinks them super fast. The ones that popped regarding content or rumors of content should have been fine.

TBiddy

Now that we are in prohibition, I'm referring to it as "the service" to be safe.

Seriously, can you imagine being so fragile that seeing a few topics on the main page disturbs you that much. But I guess the 5 or 6 "Sony Pass" threads are okay, or the massive influx in Ryan threads. LOL

Mods should have just locked the silly GP threads when they came up, the ones that didn't really discuss anything but were just "I love it or I hate", that sinks them super fast. The ones that popped regarding content or rumors of content should have been fine.

What do you mean prohibition? Did I miss anything?

DaGwaphics

What do you mean prohibition? Did I miss anything?

I was just being silly. Some sad little Sony guys must have been making the mods lives a living hell so they banished all "the service" related discussions to that one thread. When I typed that you couldn't even have a new thread when announcements were made, but they did course correct that one. Now we have people running around wanting individual posts removed from sales threads because of the magic words. You can't make this shit up.

I hope these Sony guys don't actually think that limiting discussions here is going to have any effect on the real-world whatsoever. LOL

TBiddy

I was just being silly. Some sad little Sony guys must have been making the mods lives a living hell so they banished all "the service" related discussions to that one thread. When I typed that you couldn't even have a new thread when announcements were made, but they did course correct that one. Now we have people running around wanting individual posts removed from sales threads because of the magic words. You can't make this shit up.

I hope these Sony guys don't actually think that limiting discussions here is going to have any effect on the real-world whatsoever. LOL

I'm confused now. Did they make a dedicated Game Pass thread?

And you bet your ass they think that. They are wrong, of course, but we don't need to tell them that I suppose.

TBiddy

DaGwaphics

No, I must've missed that. I don't spend much time on Gaf in the weekends. It seems a bit odd to ban all other threads. I kinda assume that thread will die a silent death, and discussion will just move to the monthly release threads or whenever a "major game" is released on GP.

It's probably for the best. Maybe the usual trolls won't feel as much need to pop in on the update threads. 🤷‍♂️

There definitely were a lot of threads that got started as a vehicle to console war with, both for and against, so, I'm sure that was looked at negatively by the people in charge of the site. It's just a funny episode regardless.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I’ve had to come out of the insider preview for my own sanity, was a shame as it always seemed to be fine but since the turn of the year with the Series X was having multiple issues like literally an update every day, then all the base apps would need to be updated then instant on would never work then it would always give error messages that cache was full etc. Shame as it said I had been in the programme for over 6 years but if it means my Series X behaves normally then sacrifices needed to be made.

DaGwaphics

I’ve had to come out of the insider preview for my own sanity, was a shame as it always seemed to be fine but since the turn of the year with the Series X was having multiple issues like literally an update every day, then all the base apps would need to be updated then instant on would never work then it would always give error messages that cache was full etc. Shame as it said I had been in the programme for over 6 years but if it means my Series X behaves normally then sacrifices needed to be made.

I was going to signup, but then I always chickened out because I didn't want to make my system unstable. This post launch time is probably one of the shakiest since they are pushing out a lot of updates on core features.

Jason Ronald has said there is new stuff in the coming months however I left it too, it’s not worth it. All the issues and faults for minuscule features at best. Said it before, the team doesn’t feel progressive , it’s like they need telling stuff from fans for features that should be there anyway. We only got a restart console option in 2019. During the 360 it felt progressive year on year in terms of UI and features.

The insiders reddit is getting a little tested too, some having a dig at the team and saying giving feedback and ideas feels like a waste of time. It’s difficult given the pandemic. Hopefully the stuff Jason Ronald is talking about is cool.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Other things that would happen (though never proven insider ring was the cause)

Consoles fan would be randomly on and console very warm (not hot) you’d think ‘ah, it’s updating something’ but you would turn it on (but auto on didn’t work) so it would cold boot with Xbox splash screen yet the fan would be spinning away, maybe for hours as I’d been out of the room for some time(s) I’d have to pull the power from the back to get it to shut down properly.

Install something new game or app wise first time you would load, nine times out of ten, black screen and unresponsive. Pull power cord again.

It could just be my machine and fine for a lot of others but been a week since I exited the programme and the fan hasn’t been on once when not using it and auto on seems to be fine up to now.

cormack12

Gold Member
Nowhere seems to have the electric volt controller to preorder in UK - why? I demand to know why! I was gonna get the red but that green is too 'anime eyes'.

Bridges

Why do I feel like FF7 Intergrade was part of a deal to extend that exclusivity.....
This would be a bummer but I could definitely see it happening.
I just finished FFVII for the first time in preparation for the Remake potentially making its way to new consoles, I don't mind waiting more but it is incredibly disappointing when things that are said to have 1 year exclusivity still never make their way over to the other side. I've gone through the same thing with Resident Evil VII's VR mode, thinking it'd eventually make its way to PC for Oculus users, and at this point I've just given up on the idea of it ever leaving Playstation. In these cases, I'd rather they just have full exclusivity and be upfront about it from the get-go instead of instilling any kind of false hope that it'd come to other platforms if it's really never gonna happen.

Andodalf

Banned
I just finished FFVII for the first time in preparation for the Remake potentially making its way to new consoles, I don't mind waiting more but it is incredibly disappointing when things that are said to have 1 year exclusivity still never make their way over to the other side. I've gone through the same thing with Resident Evil VII's VR mode, thinking it'd eventually make its way to PC for Oculus users, and at this point I've just given up on the idea of it ever leaving Playstation. In these cases, I'd rather they just have full exclusivity and be upfront about it from the get-go instead of instilling any kind of false hope that it'd come to other platforms if it's really never gonna happen.

Sony likes to do this, they did it with some destiny DLC. Extend exclusivity as a Gotcha

Mmnow

One of the CrazyLeaks tweets that disappeared in discussion of PlayStation exclusives and Persona.

I would bet on a PC release. It's only a matter of time and if it's much later than the PS5 version I'll be amazed.

Xbox and, dare I say it, Game Pass? That'd be awesome, but I just don't know.

At the very least, you got to play one of the best games ever made. The Remake is incredible too, but nothing beats your first FF7 play through.

DaGwaphics

Any idea when the next shipment of xbox consoles are going to drop? Im trying to get myself an series s at least.

I hear you. From what I've heard, the XSS is very unpopular, but I still can't snag one within 25 miles of my location. I live in a city of Xbox Zealots, it's the only explanation.

Seriously, I think there are some twitter accounts you can follow that push out stock updates. You've got to be really fast though.

Here's one, there are probably some better ones out there: https://twitter.com/XboxStockAlerts

Top Bottom