• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Gerdav

Is anyone else having any issues with the store not recognising you purchases at the moment, The ancient gods part two has just released and I own the year one pass which it should be including in, usually I just go to manage game and any dlc included in a pass will be there to install, it’s not there and I am being asked to pay £14 for it through the store, there are also other games while checking the store that I own that are showing the price instead of the you own this manage button.

Andodalf

Banned
Is anyone else having any issues with the store not recognising you purchases at the moment, The ancient gods part two has just released and I own the year one pass which it should be including in, usually I just go to manage game and any dlc included in a pass will be there to install, it’s not there and I am being asked to pay £14 for it through the store, there are also other games while checking the store that I own that are showing the price instead of the you own this manage button.
It happens to me from time to time. I usually just back out and come back in and it shows the right stuff. I think it may be related to doing the home xbox thing with a friend in my case

Gerdav

It happens to me from time to time. I usually just back out and come back in and it shows the right stuff. I think it may be related to doing the home xbox thing with a friend in my case

This was happening on Series X which is set as my home Xbox, I do have my One X in the bedroom though which was the previous home Xbox, but I was trying for a good ten minutes before posting here, I managed to get the dlc to show up for free by going through the game once the patch was downloaded, going through the store after it was hilariously still asking me to buy it, it’s been off for couple of hours now so I’ll check again later see if whatever gremlins have been worked out.

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

anyone else’s store not working on xbox? for like 3 days now when i open it just says ‘something went wrong’. i’ve checked for updates and nothing is showing up, system is up to date, even reset the console now and still isn’t working..
lActXv1.jpg

Roberts

anyone else’s store not working on xbox? for like 3 days now when i open it just says ‘something went wrong’. i’ve checked for updates and nothing is showing up, system is up to date, even reset the console now and still isn’t working..
lActXv1.jpg
Had this three days ago, but then it was fine the next morning. I hope somebody more tech savvy can help you.

nikolino840

lActXv1.jpg
Me too,italy here

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I picked up a few splinter cell titles the other day and at first they weren't in my library (had purchased on the web store), but a quick restart and they were there.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Anyone else keep getting a ‘your cache is full’ error message?

Before the answer ‘well just empty it then’ I have no idea what it is or what’s causing it. I’m not currently playing my Series X and nothing is installed other than the mandatory apps.

Jemm

Anyone else keep getting a ‘your cache is full’ error message?

Before the answer ‘well just empty it then’ I have no idea what it is or what’s causing it. I’m not currently playing my Series X and nothing is installed other than the mandatory apps.
If easier ways to empty cache (remove power cord or hold power button >10 s.) don't work, you could try soft-resetting the Xbox.

Also, it seems that adblocker/firewalls (like Pi-hole) may block some certificates from downloading and causing that error message.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
If easier ways to empty cache (remove power cord or hold power button >10 s.) don't work, you could try soft-resetting the Xbox.

Also, it seems that adblocker/firewalls (like Pi-hole) may block some certificates from downloading and causing that error message.
Okay thanks I’ve done a soft reset I’ll see how it goes.

Don’t use ad blockers - we’re talking about using one in a browser on a pc and it affects Xbox? How bizarre.

Jemm

Okay thanks I’ve done a soft reset I’ll see how it goes.

Don’t use ad blockers - we’re talking about using one in a browser on a pc and it affects Xbox? How bizarre.
It is possible to make lan/network-wide blockers, like the Pi-hole that filters all the ads etc. The PCs/browsers have no part in it (unless the network/Xbox connection is routed through one, like a Linux machine).

Mmnow

It's a shame they couldn't get their act together for release, but sometimes stuff just gets away from you.they waited for AMD and the result of that was a bumpy landing at launch.

If - and that's an if - they can conjure up an advantage over the PS5, nobody will remember that Valhalla was a bit shaky at launch. They'll just remember seven years of awesome games and the rise of Gamepass. It was the right call, because rushing the hardware would've meant a seven year issue rather than a six month one.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
If you have GP Ultimate you can play Star Wars Squadrons in VR on PC using the GP version. Here's a little VR gameplay using Quest 2 Virtual Desktop to my PC.

Flight Simulator 2020 is another VR game that's fun to try out, and I believe No Man's Sky has an official VR mode as well. Just some cool added value not really talked about with GP.

Last edited:

Bridges

If you have GP Ultimate you can play Star Wars Squadrons in VR on PC using the GP version. Here's a little VR gameplay using Quest 2 Virtual Desktop to my PC.

Flight Simulator 2020 is another VR game that's fun to try out, and I believe No Man's Sky has an official VR mode as well. Just some cool added value not really talked about with GP.

This is great, I tried to use VR with the PC Gamepass version of No Man's Sky but it didn't seem supported, but I'm glad to see there are some games on gamepass with that support. Really need a reason to dust off the Oculus and set it back up, not sure my computer can run Flight Sim VR though as it can barely handle the normal version.

WIll definitely break the headset back out for Squadrons though. Do the EA Play games on PC still give you Xbox achievements or are they pretty separate from the Xbox ecosystem aside from launching from within their app?

EDIT: Saw in another thread there's no Xbox achievements for the EA Play games on Gamepass

Last edited:

Chukhopops

PSA regarding PC Gamepass: don't know if this is a bug but there are way more EA games than announced. You need to install a launcher but then you can run the games via the normal GP interface.

Stuff you can find on PC GP via this includes:

- Command & Conquer: Remastered
- Tropico 6
- Detention (???)
- FTL & Into the Breach (FTL was removed from GP a couple months ago)
- The sexy brutale
- Pretty much all the old Star Wars games including Racer, Republic Commando, etc
- Jade Empire
- Extremely old PC stuff like Dungeon Keeper, Populous (!!) and Populous 2 for old men like me.

Also as mentioned above Star Wars Squadron works with Oculus headsets (I have a Rift S). I'm honestly impressed.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
This is great, I tried to use VR with the PC Gamepass version of No Man's Sky but it didn't seem supported, but I'm glad to see there are some games on gamepass with that support. Really need a reason to dust off the Oculus and set it back up, not sure my computer can run Flight Sim VR though as it can barely handle the normal version.

WIll definitely break the headset back out for Squadrons though. Do the EA Play games on PC still give you Xbox achievements or are they pretty separate from the Xbox ecosystem aside from launching from within their app?

EDIT: Saw in another thread there's no Xbox achievements for the EA Play games on Gamepass
I finally got around to testing it and although it initially crashed, once I installed it on my primary SSD it worked in VR just fine. In fact, it has native support for Quest 2 controllers, the only downside seems to be it has trouble rendering the button UI in VR. I played in VR for about 30min and it was great being able to use the VR controllers instead of Xbox pad.

fSz9eVY.jpg

I'll upload a video at some point I just have no idea what I'm doing right now.

Mmnow

Some thoughts on this:

• THIS ISN'T A NAME CHANGE. I asked for the main thread to be renamed because it was misleading and distorting the conversation, but it never happened. There is no Xbox Network, it's a generic use of the phrase. If this isn't a bug, Xbox Live is going away, and there's seemingly nothing replacing it. That would mean you no longer say "I pay for Xbox Live", you say "I pay to play online on Xbox". As of now, there's no cushion phrase to make it sound better. That's a little dodgy, especially with a long-established brand like Xbox Live. It makes no sense to just ditch the name unless something is happening.
  • That doesn't mean it's going free, but a change of branding is a major thing. How many brands can you think of that just drop one of their main identifiers for a laugh without replacing it? The need for online gameplay isn't going away, in fact it's growing. If it's changing, it's probably because the product is fundamentally changing.
  • Of course, it may just be that this is deemphasising Xbox Live, particularly Xbox Live Gold. I firmly believe there's been a worrying uptick in Gold members since the launch of the Series X, and that means there's people not subscribing to Gamepass Ultimate. That would explain the price doubling fiasco. By changing out the 'Live' emphasis throughout the OS, you stop reminding people about it. I don't really believe this one, because once a month there's still going to be Games With Gold, there's still got to be references for those who want to collect the games.
  • Benefits of going free: instant unlock of millions of new Gamepass subscribers (if you automatically upgrade them), a fair phasing out of the £1 deal (which could come as soon as this week at the future of gaming thing, so do it if you can and haven't), fantastic marketing. Subscribers will drop as Gamepass gets more popular - you benefit more from ending it while it's still somewhat popular than by taking it behind the shed to shoot it when it's limping along with 100 subscribers. Much of the money you get will transfer across. Parity between Xbox users on PC/Mobile/Console - paying for online is just a console thing right now, and that doesn't line up with the current Xbox goals.
  • Other alternatives: online is just going into Gamepass. This is the safe option. Two subscriptions doesn't really make sense, especially when they're offering the same things at the Ultimate level. That Live revenue jumps straight across to Gamepass. Internally, this is just moving money around, but you lose out on the marketing opportunity, you miss out on "sticking it" to the competition. You still get the millions of new Gamepass subscribers, which will help convince developers to take it more seriously.
  • If this is in the Alpha ring, I think it'll be made clear sooner rather than later. This isn't something I expect to be still talking about by the summer.
TL: DR - Something is happening with this that fundamentally changes how online services at Xbox are used or viewed. It may be the famous free online, it may be a merger between Gold and gamepass or it might just be a shift to make Gold the uglier stepbrother than it already is (which will lead to point one or two anyway), but something is fundamentally changing.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
If you use eneloops in your Series controller, can you charge them through the controller’s USB C port whilst you use the controller?

You couldn’t on Xbox One, and I have an Elite 2 controller so can’t check myself.

Hoping for a Exo One release date during Fridays event, I tried it recently on Steam and thought it was surprisingly cool.

Reminded me a little of the movie Flight of the Navigator, when the alien ship is soaring across waves,

Personally I like indie games, I love AAA the most however I always keep an eye on the indie scene as there is some gems there.

Roberts

Now that Outer Worlds 60fps patch came out, I breezed through both DLCs. Gorgon was enjoyable, but felt like a more ambitious side quest from the main game. The new DLC is more memorable though - a pretty damn entertaining detective story with tons of n satirical humour. It really felt like the characters were even more obnoxious, egoistical dipshits than in the main game And I say that as a compliment.

Played Undertale for an hour or two. I tried, but I really don’t get the appeal.

City of Sin is actually fun. It borrows from pretty much everything (X-com, Civilization, Yakuza), but from what I played so far, it is not bad at all. The writing is terrible and performance on XSX is a bit uneven, though.

Elias

Achievements are back on the xbox app, and soon leaderboards will be. Now all they have to do is add the xbox store and the app willbe complete.

If you use eneloops in your Series controller, can you charge them through the controller’s USB C port whilst you use the controller?

You couldn’t on Xbox One, and I have an Elite 2 controller so can’t check myself.
Think I read somewhere that you still can't do this.

Fredrik

Is my Series X broken or why can’t it hold 60fps in graphics mode on Dead or Alive 6? Beach stage

Apparently it runs flawlessly at 60fps in graphics mode on Series S.

What’s the difference between graphics and performance mode besides the resolution?

Last edited:

Pantz

Gold Member
Is my Series X broken or why can’t it hold 60fps in graphics mode on Dead or Alive 6? Beach stage

Apparently it runs flawkessly at 60fps in graphics mode on Series S.

What’s the difference between graphics and performance mode besides the resolution?

Beach stage is the most demanding. The other stages will run at full 4K 60 for the most part on Series X. Series S probably uses the standard Xbox One version of the game and would be stuck at 1080p 60 even on graphics mode.

Fredrik

Beach stage is the most demanding. The other stages will run at full 4K 60 for the most part on Series X. Series S probably uses the standard Xbox One version of the game and would be stuck at 1080p 60 even on graphics mode.
Okay good so it’s a known issue at least. But what’s the difference between graphics and performance? Will I miss any effects or high res textures etc if go with performance mode just to not have the framerate go all over the place at the beach?

Pantz

Gold Member
Okay good so it’s a known issue at least. But what’s the difference between graphics and performance? Will I miss any effects or high res textures etc if go with performance mode just to not have the framerate go all over the place at the beach?
Performance would drop it to 1080p 60, not sure about other details. It would run even the beach stage smooth but won't look as nice.

Top Bottom