• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Andodalf

Banned
Has Skyrim aged well or have modern RPGs more or less eclipsed it?

Got it on GamePass but it feels kinda ancient during my first 30 minutes.

It's World is still unrivaled. No game has one that is as interactive and alive. So many named NPCs with unique dialogue, who have their own lives and schedules. The world is so wonderfully crafted, I can remember the geography of certain areas as if I had really been there. Simply amazing. Something like the Witcher of AC: Valhalla, have maps that just feel like window dressing, even if they are beautiful. They have well written characters, but they feel more like actors on a stage than people who really inhabit a world. Skyrim feels like it's own reality in a way no other open world game does, expect for maybe some of BGSs other outings.

Xbox and Game Pass right now.

RCsyMvx.gif

dem

Series X has been in stock at BestBuy Canada for like.. a whole day.

Still 600 in stock.. if anyone is looking.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
I don’t know...it could be the fact that I hadn’t played it since the 360 days, and completely missed out on the Special Edition refresh....but I‘m fairly blown away by it, especially at 60fps. But yeah, the character animations, especially when you switch into 3rd person, don’t hold up all that well. Combat mechanics are creaky too. But the world itself looks absolutely gorgeous on my OLED. I’m hearing that the Fallout games benefit most from the FPS boost and as I’ve never got into Fallout, I’m excited.

yeah, its completely playable and still a masterpiece, though something like fallout 4 ie feels better to play imo

I had no idea what Outriders was about but it seems to be my kind of game (third person all the way) - to have it day one on Game Pass..... Good lord, this is such a great service. To say otherwise is just being churlish.

TBiddy

The Sony lot on here are losing their minds the last few days, I genuinely worry some of the more erm.....immature can't handle seeing their beloved plastic box maker being pushed aside. Its utterly hilarious.?.

It's fun to watch for certain. You can tell that they get more and more desperate. The UK sales thread is a fine example of that.

Can't say I've heard of that. Is it any good?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
The Sony lot on here are losing their minds the last few days, I genuinely worry some of the more erm.....immature can't handle seeing their beloved plastic box maker being pushed aside. Its utterly hilarious.?.
Today I’ve read people saying Octopath has a pretty crap story and that Persona has crap characters. Literally no game is off limit from their assassinations. Hilariously they’d be saying The Last of Us 2 is absolute dog shit if Microsoft ever got it on Game Pass.

DaGwaphics

Today I’ve read people saying Octopath has a pretty crap story and that Persona has crap characters. Literally no game is off limit from their assassinations. Hilariously they’d be saying The Last of Us 2 is absolute dog shit if Microsoft ever got it on Game Pass.

To be fair there is already a certain set that trashes TLoU2 because the primary characters boobs aren't big enough. :messenger_winking_tongue:

nikolino840

Jemm

"How could Game Pass be sustainable? Xbox will go bankrupt!"
Jim Ryan: "Hold my DualSense!"
*Starts donating games for free to compete with GP*

/jk ;)

Chukhopops

I feel that way about Persona 5 personally, really didn’t like most of the cast. Still had fun with it but it’s waaay too long and can’t recreate the magic of Persona 4G.

I really want to try Octopath though.

Mmnow

After my disappointment with Xbox marketing the other day, I've gotta give credit where it's due. This last week or so has been tremendously handled by the team.

It could've all been chucked in one show and it'd have outdone the State of Play by a mile. But by stretching it out over more than a week, it's kept positive Xbox news in the headlines every single day, with pleasant surprises and shadow dropped updates. It's been like an Xbox-only E3, with no need for massive fanfare or obnoxious patting themselves on the back.

This is the Xbox that people need to know about. Frankly, this is the Xbox that's going to put them on top.

Top Bottom