• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Roberts

So, did you guys play any of the Frame Boosted games? I'm not really interested in that UFC game, and I had recently 1000/1000 Lucky's Tale with my daughter. Got back to Farcry 4 and finished it and 60fps made a huge difference, so I only had WD2 and Sniper Elite 4 left. I like SE so far so I will continue playing it, but I can't really get into WD2 - not really game's fault as there is a lot to like about it, but I don't really find all these sneaking missions all that interesting and lack of real stakes (maybe that will change as the story progresses) makes the whole thing a bit boring. Really hoping they will announce a new batch of games today or soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

splattered

Why am i not seeing this Xbox OT thread in the main Gaming Discussions thread anymore? I just browsed 20 pages trying to find it but had to go back to my post history to find the thread hoping it hadn't been closed. Very weird...

*ok now that i commented in it again it's showing up... wtf

Last edited:
Here is some footage of Avengers running on Series with the NG update

Marvel's Avengers on Xbox Series X|S is a redefined adventure complete with new and improved features. Visual upgrades and detail, fast load times, improved destruction and more. Take a look at these features in our latest trailer.

actually seems to look decent now, imo, speaking just of the visuals (not saying the game itself is better)

Kagey K

Banned
Here is some footage of Avengers running on Series with the NG update

actually seems to look decent now, imo, speaking just of the visuals (not saying the game itself is better)

I wish they could do something to improve the endgame on this. If they want me to grind loot I need a reason to do it. Getting better loot just for the sake of having it is not a reward.

Roberts

Well, more and more games are getting XS optimized. Read about Destroying All Humans getting a patch. Mortal Shell got an update today. Good times.

BigBooper

Well, more and more games are getting XS optimized. Read about Destroying All Humans getting a patch. Mortal Shell got an update today. Good times.
I'm loving that, but these people need to do something about internal storage requirements. Why does Tetris require the super fast ssd?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I wish they could do something to improve the endgame on this. If they want me to grind loot I need a reason to do it. Getting better loot just for the sake of having it is not a reward.
The endgame was the reason I had to put it down. I really enjoyed the campaign, but there was practically nothing interesting to do afterwards, which is a big no no for this type of game. I know Covid completely messed up their time table, but hopefully they can turn it around soon.

Jemm

By looking at some other threads, it seems like 100% of power of XSS/XSX is already in use and it can't get much better, when this generation progresses. It's a few months in, after all!
Meanwhile, the competing console has still lot's of untapped potential and we haven't seen anything yet.

Roberts

By looking at some other threads, it seems like 100% of power of XSS/XSX is already in use and it can't get much better, when this generation progresses. It's a few months in, after all!
Meanwhile, the competing console has still lot's of untapped potential and we haven't seen anything yet.

To be honest, I’ve seen people saying the same thing in favour of XSX. I’m not really interested in all that tech talk, because I don’t understand it, but what fascinates me is how both opposing sides can sound so sure about being right by using complicated tech talk to back up their stance. It is kind of funny, because eventually one side is going to be wrong. Or both. But I’m looking forward to see how developers will learn to use the features and tools in the near future.

Anyway, I take my words back regarding Watch Dogs 2. It is actually a lot fun. I decided to go the pacifist route without killing anybody and Nudle infiltration mission sold me on the game.

Jemm

To be honest, I’ve seen people saying the same thing in favour of XSX. I’m not really interested in all that tech talk, because I don’t understand it, but what fascinates me is how both opposing sides can sound so sure about being right by using complicated tech talk to back up their stance. It is kind of funny, because eventually one side is going to be wrong. Or both. But I’m looking forward to see how developers will learn to use the features and tools in the near future.
I think both are great consoles and comparisons are pretty much meaningless.

I doubt that developers/QA do DF-level comparisons, when developing the games. Maybe some level of parity is the goal, but looking for differences frame-by-frame? I don't think they have time or interest for it. They see the feedback and patch later the biggest differences/bugs.

Once the legacy game engines get updated and cross-gen is left gradually behind, we will see the real improvements on both platforms.

DaGwaphics

Xbox don't have that secret sauce, don't cha know. :messenger_winking_tongue:

The X1 improved over time (at least until the 1X released and then some devs kind of half assed the base version), I don't see why the series consoles wouldn't do the same.

Mmnow

Awesome! Can't wait to see how this all plays out for MS
The annoying thing is how long this weekend is going to feel.

It was weird that the Gamepass announcement was only for this week, so something was obviously up, but even a "Deal is done, see you next week" blog post would take the edge off.

Gerdav

Does anyone know if NBA 2K21 on Gamepass is supposed to include the next generation version, I am not really interested in basketball at all and have no desire to download the current gen game, and just want to see it as it was being hyped as a next gen showcase at launch.

The gamepass app shows it, when I try to install it it just throws up a error, when I add it to my play later it does not show up in the list on the app or console, and when I go to the game’s store page on the console it shows as having a gamepass discount but has no option to install it.

JmvO0Lw.jpg
oNvvaO4.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if NBA 2K21 on Gamepass is supposed to include the next generation version, I am not really interested in basketball at all and have no desire to download the current gen game, and just want to see it as it was being hyped as a next gen showcase at launch.

The gamepass app shows it, when I try to install it it just throws up a error, when I add it to my play later it does not show up in the list on the app or console, and when I go to the game’s store page on the console it shows as having a gamepass discount but has no option to install it.

JmvO0Lw.jpg
oNvvaO4.jpg

For whatever reason only the last gen version of NBA2K21 came to Gamepass

Mmnow

So Watch Dogs Legion is rumoured to come to Gamepass, Phil is appearing in a Nintendo documentary - both these things were hinted at on Phil’s shelf.

phil-spencer-shelf.jpg

That just leaves the Kojima Productions Statue.

McDonald's will go out of business if this acquisition was announced on the same day as the Bethesda deal is confirmed - there's just not enough salt in the world.

DaGwaphics

The meltdowns would be glorious.

Quickly replaced by numerous threads highlighting how Kojima wasn't really all that to begin with. With an added bonus of "they'll still be on PS anyway".

Seriously, though, I wonder if MS scooped in and picked up the project that Stadia was rumored to have been involved with? Maybe more of a development deal rather than an acquisition.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

just re-bought all the Splinter Cell games. came to $30 CDN or so. (big ubisoft sale till the 11th).

XB Splinter Cell
XB Pandora Tomorrow
XB Chaos Theory
XB Double Agent
360 Double Agent
360 Conviction
360 Blacklist

excited to run through them all again on my series x.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

The Bethesda thread has gone to shit with disingenuous trolling where people are trying to pretend that Windows isn't part of the Xbox ecosystem, but Minecraft on PlayStation is.

Haha. They can sell GP on Windows and get a cut of any transactions made via the xbox/gamepass app, sounds like part of the equation to me.

Saw these in the other thread. Don't these guys talk to people at Xbox? Even more interesting if so.

Next week will be very entertaining regardless, assuming the announcement/event/whatever actually happens of course.

Mmnow

Definitely needs to be the "Another One" gif in the final panel. 100 per cent.

Saw these in the other thread. Don't these guys talk to people at Xbox? Even more interesting if so.

Next week will be very entertaining regardless, assuming the announcement/event/whatever actually happens of course.

I think it is probably an "I Told You So" moment. I get trying to be gracious, but "Xbox has no games, and the ones that they do have will come to PlayStation because reasons" is such an obnoxious viewpoint.

I know, I know, the five stages of grief and all that. But it's certainly not every PlayStation owner's opinion, and it's not even true for most Sony fanboys (who're just telling themselves 'Fallout 76 stunk anyway'). There's just a small subset who've convinced themselves and think the sky is falling because nobody else see's their logic. Many of them have been rude and condesending.

So I think against that small minority that has been extremely vocal about this, there will certainly be a degree of I Told You So if Microsoft come out and say "All games will be exclusive."

I don't think they will, but that's a different point entirely.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

Parris don't know what he's talking about. Got about 500 posts saved for "told you so"

Iced Arcade

Does anyone have a good battery pack/charge station for the series?

not sure what they did with the new controllers but I honestly only changed disposable batteries twice since launch.

ManaByte

Thats Firefox.

Nah, most of the web is being built targeting Chromium now. Edge gives you that compatibility.

Firefox also thrashes your SDD unless you do some work under the hood.

Last edited:
Top Bottom