• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Fye7pis.png

It's up for pre-install, 59GB

splattered

Apologies if already posted. I follow the guy quoted in the article, strikes me as a decent lad, hope he’s wrong in this case in terms of public reaction

So you're telling me with the incredible studio they are building with all those amazing devs joining saying the game they're making is something special... this game is going to be complete crap and people are going to give up on Xbox? Sorry, not buying it one bit. Maybe it ends up being a live service game like Sea of Thieves? Big open world set in the Perfect Dark universe but more MMO/Destiny style? That wouldn't be something Xbox fans are expecting but could still turn out to be super cool if that's the case.

Well this is disappointing. I hope they have a day 1 patch that fixes all the issues.

I think I'm going to wait on this game anyway since I want the full-on Series X version for my first playthrough and hopefully they will have all the kinks worked out by then.

We're getting a very chunky day 0 patch ova 50gs..most of the major bugs if not all will be ironed out. I wouldn't miss this joint for a sec If i were you mamcita 😊🤭 ITS BEEN WAYY too long and the hype at a all time HIGH.. I'm done waiting.

Saw glimpses of leaked footage, games Mind-blowing 🤯

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Master Chief trending on Twitter .................. Because he's coming to Fortnite? Ewwww

Yeah...I keep writing long posts about 343 but over the past decade we have seen more Halo merchandise than we have actual Halo. The games feel secondary. That level of merchandising has to be earned and it has to come from excitement for the core product.

So you're telling me with the incredible studio they are building with all those amazing devs joining saying the game they're making is something special... this game is going to be complete crap and people are going to give up on Xbox? Sorry, not buying it one bit. Maybe it ends up being a live service game like Sea of Thieves? Big open world set in the Perfect Dark universe but more MMO/Destiny style? That wouldn't be something Xbox fans are expecting but could still turn out to be super cool if that's the case.

We will have to wait and see what it is. The insider guy doesn’t strike me as a disingenuous type from what I’ve seen and as I said I hope he’s wrong, in particular regarding what the reaction will be.

Not interested in live service/MMO/Destiny games myself.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

It came off to me that its not that it will be bad its simply not what people will be expecting. I think the mentality of a lot of folks is that this team is going to create Microsofts next big IP that will rival Sony IP like a God of War. A mature take that will appeal to the masses and whoever this person speaking on the matter is saying thats not what you should expect.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Anyone have any ideas whats best to wipe fingerprints off the SX with. I don't really move consoles around but I've been moving it around lately due to some diy.
Also anyone concerned over the years about the dust collecting in the system if its standing vertical. I gave it a quick hoover the other day but I can't see it helping much.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Anyone have any ideas whats best to wipe fingerprints off the SX with. I don't really move consoles around but I've been moving it around lately due to some diy.
Also anyone concerned over the years about the dust collecting in the system if its standing vertical. I gave it a quick hoover the other day but I can't see it helping much.

Anything antibacterial I think would work to remove the oils. But you would want to be very light with it.

Lakerfanalways

Neo Member
Hi everyone I have a question about external storage on the xbox one series x..I was thinking about purchasing the wd easystore 14TB drive(When it goes on sale again) for anyone here that has that drive, does it make any clicking sound/humming, when the xbox is off(instant on mode, with turn off hard drive when xbox is off, no installing updates, etc) I want to get a good external hard drive for xbox live games but Ive read mixed reviews about this drive want something that is silent when the xbox is off..thanks!

splattered

It came off to me that its not that it will be bad its simply not what people will be expecting. I think the mentality of a lot of folks is that this team is going to create Microsofts next big IP that will rival Sony IP like a God of War. A mature take that will appeal to the masses and whoever this person speaking on the matter is saying thats not what you should expect.

I hope so... because i really don't care how "mature" the game is as long as it's good.

Kagey K

Banned
Hi everyone I have a question about external storage on the xbox one series x..I was thinking about purchasing the wd easystore 14TB drive(When it goes on sale again) for anyone here that has that drive, does it make any clicking sound/humming, when the xbox is off(instant on mode, with turn off hard drive when xbox is off, no installing updates, etc) I want to get a good external hard drive for xbox live games but Ive read mixed reviews about this drive want something that is silent when the xbox is off..thanks!
Unless something has changed Xbox will only recognize 8TB or less external drives to a maximum of 16TB (2 X 8TB). You might want to verify that it will recognize a drive that big before taking the plunge.

Lakerfanalways

Neo Member
Unless something has changed Xbox will only recognize 8TB or less external drives to a maximum of 16TB (2 X 8TB). You might want to verify that it will recognize a drive that big before taking the plunge.

Oh I have no idea..others report at best buy that it does work..and someone I talked to recently has the same drive for their xbox one x(Not series x) how can I find out? I was originally just concerned over noise, etc but I Guess I gotta see if the xbox one series x can even handle 14TB..I just figured Id buy the biggest drive so Id never have to buy another one again

Kagey K

Banned
Oh I have no idea..others report at best buy that it does work..and someone I talked to recently has the same drive for their xbox one x(Not series x) how can I find out? I was originally just concerned over noise, etc but I Guess I gotta see if the xbox one series x can even handle 14TB..I just figured Id buy the biggest drive so Id never have to buy another one again
TBH I'm not sure. Like I said things may have changed and that 8tb limit might not be a thing anymore. I'm pretty sure if people say it works with the One, it should work with the Series as they share the same dash. Check some reviews or ask over one of the Xbox Reddits and see if anyone has any experience with that drive on the Series X.

Lakerfanalways

Neo Member
TBH I'm not sure. Like I said things may have changed and that 8tb limit might not be a thing anymore. I'm pretty sure if people say it works with the One, it should work with the Series as they share the same dash. Check some reviews or ask over one of the Xbox Reddits and see if anyone has any experience with that drive on the Series X.

yeah they say that it works..just dont know about noise it makes when turned off..guess I Can always buy the drive when on sale and test it out, if it makes noise I will return it

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I hope so... because i really don't care how "mature" the game is as long as it's good.

I think its a fair argument that Microsoft needs to target that audience more. But I am with you in that I really dont care, for the most part, about the tone and setting of a game to the degree that a developer should target something specifically to target an audience. If the game looks fun and intrigues me I will buy it.

silentstorm

If you mean non-"mature" games, then i don't think Sony is all that great either, seeing their most advertised games they don't seem to target people who don't care for "mature" games, i mean, their biggest exclusive franchise that fits that mold is Ratchet and Clank and that's it, they don't seem to be interested in more, and even then i think it gets less ads than say, God Of War gets, i guess there is also the Sackboy games, but again, after the first game their ad campaigns for games with Sackboy kinda diminished.

It's Nintendo who isn't ashamed to make and advertise "kiddy" games and part of the reason why parents don't mind buying Nintendo platforms for their kids or as something all-ages friendly, but Microsoft is the worst of the three, i mentioned New Lucky's Tale before, that platformer is really damn cute and it was exclusive to Xbox for a couple of years, no ads for that game appeared...then again i found that game really generic and forgettable so maybe that's why MS ignored it.

The next game like this, and with a big budget too, is Balan Wonderworld, which will come out next year and it's a cute colorful platformer based on theater and from Sonic's creator, but it's a 60 bucks game:

And i am already betting that it will sell more on Switch and PS4/5 than Xbox...that being said, this game does look good, it's basically Nights as a platformer.

Kagey K

Banned
I really like the art style and look of DQ11. I only got about 30 mins in but it’s a nice bright change of pace compared to Valhalla which is a lot darker and grittier.

These 2 games will compliment each other well to go back and forth between, with some smaller bite sized gaming in between.

silentstorm

Reminds me of Children Of Morta, at least i hope it's better, i know a lot of people liked that game, but it got bored fast to me with the combat really not being all that fun.

TheShocker

Has anyone had an issue where a Series X enhanced game no longer is showing as such?

COD MW/Warzone and Ghost Recon both preciously showed up in my Series X enhanced game, but no longer do. Game info shows them as “durango” instead of “Scarlett.”

Currently re-installing them to my expansion card, but beyond that I am out of ideas.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Has anyone had an issue where a Series X enhanced game no longer is showing as such?

COD MW/Warzone and Ghost Recon both preciously showed up in my Series X enhanced game, but no longer do. Game info shows them as “durango” instead of “Scarlett.”

Currently re-installing them to my expansion card, but beyond that I am out of ideas.

Doom Eternal updated the other day with the 4K patch and had the Series X logo. Today the series X logo disappeared.

Pantz

Gold Member
Anyone getting a lot of followers on XBL recently? Been getting like 3 a day recently and sometimes a couple minutes apart. Seems weird. Sent some messages to them asking why follow with no replies.

Kagey K

Banned
Anyone getting a lot of followers on XBL recently? Been getting like 3 a day recently and sometimes a couple minutes apart. Seems weird. Sent some messages to them asking why follow with no replies.
Usually a sign of a bot. Check if they have no friends (usually they follow a lot of people but nobody follows them)or gamerscore.

Otherwise did you recently capture a screenshot or game clip that might be getting some traction? Or do particularly well in an online game?

Last edited:

Pantz

Gold Member
Usually a sign of a bot. Check if they have no friends (usually they follow a lot of people but nobody follows them)or gamerscore.

Otherwise did you recently capture a screenshot or game clip that might be getting some traction? Or do particularly well in an online game?

Some look like bots like 1xgirl 1 with a link in their profile but most look like normal gaming profiles with high achievement scores.

Not played multiplayer much I have some screenshots but I don't think they get too many views. Can't figure out how to check views anymore now that they changed the community feed section.

Thinking it might be from suggested friends of friends related to some "famous" people I have followed. Just a weird uptick this week.

Kagey K

Banned
Dragon Quest and Live dont seem to be playing nice with each other right now.

None of my screenshots will upload and when I go to check achievements it tells me achievements not supported even though I already unlocked 3.

Im thinking because they released it at a weird time Live hasn’t updated to count it as released yet for some reason.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Honestly it's worth the upgrade Series X/S for the load time reduction and Quick Resume alone
When I talk about next-gen with people I say it's all about high frame rates and fast loading. I'm confident that MS will focus on high frame rate throughout the gen with their 1st party. What a blessing I thought consoles would be shooting for 30fps.

TBiddy

Just saw Hix requested a ban. What happened?

I suppose he got enough of the 10 idio... fine young men on Team Blue that are shitting up every single thread. Can't say I blame him. All threads have devolved to shiity takes, idiotic one liners and pandering to the rest of the usual suspects.

As much as it saddens me, the moderation on Resetera is much better in that regard. They might be idiots around their politics, but their approach to 12 year old console warriors is to be applauded.

splattered

Dragon Quest and Live dont seem to be playing nice with each other right now.

None of my screenshots will upload and when I go to check achievements it tells me achievements not supported even though I already unlocked 3.

Im thinking because they released it at a weird time Live hasn’t updated to count it as released yet for some reason.

I saw some rando on twitter claiming Dragon Quest didn't offer achievements on Xbox... i thought that was strange but scrolled past and forgot about it. So i guess he was just trolling then haha good to know.

Dane

I suppose he got enough of the 10 idio... fine young men on Team Blue that are shitting up every single thread. Can't say I blame him. All threads have devolved to shiity takes, idiotic one liners and pandering to the rest of the usual suspects.

As much as it saddens me, the moderation on Resetera is much better in that regard. They might be idiots around their politics, but their approach to 12 year old console warriors is to be applauded.

If the idiots are causing an issue, its time to pay a visit in their posts.

Top Bottom