• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Flintty

Reading around, people really really want Forza to go to Japan, like, no other place matters, if future places are talked about, Japan will instantly appear and everyone will be like "Yes, let's do Japan, i can't believe last game stuck with Europe over what people actually want, Japan!" so i assume it will happen at some point.

Makes sense if they want to try and sell more boxes or Gamepass in Japan. Not sure how effective it would be though.

silentstorm

Probably not very, Xbox hasn't sold well for generations and at this point i assume people in Japan just have big backlogs and catalogues for Sony and Nintendo consoles and more friends that play with them, even with BC it would still mean building a new library and a lot of popular franchises aren't on Xbox, or developers don't make games for it, Nippon Ichi for example has never made one single game for Xbox and Disgaea never came to it, or Persona from Atlus, or The Legend Of Heroes from Falcom.

It could boost sales, but it wouldn't be a drastic increase, also, anyone else hoping Atlus ports some of their games to Xbox, there is a chance it won't happen but after the Persona 4 port to PC, they did say they are considering making more ports and Sega is apparently having financial problems, so if Microsoft managed to get the Persona games to come to Xbox, i would be really damn happy.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Even Sony has basically gone flat in Japan, ps4 did not do well at all. Switch has taken over and no one is looking back. FH going to Japan isn't going to do more than maybe have some people Check out streaming at the most imo.

DaGwaphics

Don't think it uses the controller, it will share the main custom I/O chip but the controller is separate and specific to the onboard SSD - they mentioned the point that the expansion will only have 2 priorities where the onboard SSD has 6. That would also imply it has it's own PCIe connection? It's disappointing there are no options for expanding the storage for PS5 games yet, hopefully that gets sorted soon.

That's true. Maybe they built PS5 with extra lanes over what AMD would generally go with (20 lanes direct to the CPU +4 to the chipset). If not, the expansion bay shares with something, either the primary SSD or the SB IO. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to get a drive certified that perfectly matches the internal drives performance. But back to Xbox, don't want to draw the kraken in here.

Last edited:

panda-fml.gif

silentstorm

Everything gets a battle royale mode these days, when is Gears Of War getting one?

Or Forza getting a Twisted Metal clone battle royale mode...shit, that would actually be awesome.

I am kinda suprised some big franchises haven't done it, Mario has a battle royale mode of all things, but others like Sonic don't, heck since Lego makes so many games, at one point i was kinda expecting a Lego Battle Royale game.

Andodalf

Banned
I feel like Halo Infinite will have a big mode that gets compared to BR but isn't really BR. Warzone was already a really interesting thing that was very much it's own idea, and I'd love to see them try something like that again.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Still way too expensive, but it's something

I saw a video from SpawnWave where he said we may see some other manufacturers start making them and competition may drive down price a bit. He wasn't expecting anything soon though. For right now I am ok with the space in the system so I am going to hold off for a bit to see what happens.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I saw a video from SpawnWave where he said we may see some other manufacturers start making them and competition may drive down price a bit. He wasn't expecting anything soon though. For right now I am ok with the space in the system so I am going to hold off for a bit to see what happens.

I'm going to wait too. I don't play CoD so I don't have that taking up a shit ton of space and since I have fast internet and unlimited data I'm just going to download then delete after finishing for now.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I'm going to wait too. I don't play CoD so I don't have that taking up a shit ton of space and since I have fast internet and unlimited data I'm just going to download then delete after finishing for now.
Xbox is the MP shooter machine for me. COD, Destiny, Rainbow Six, Master Chief Collection...they add up fast.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I have to give them credit for being able to rock that shit with a straight face lol

i kinda wanna get one for my brother as a gag gift. Maybe if they still around closer to his bday. His kids wear something like that to bed I bet they would get a kick out of dad dressing like them at least :messenger_tears_of_joy:

silentstorm

Killer Instinct, ahh, i remember years ago it was just those 16-Bit era fighting games with really long combos and announcers that yelled things like "C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!" but that really didn't stick in people's memories like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat did, and then they announce a new game for the Xbox being done by people other than Rare even if they helped somewhat and no one expecting it to be good.

Shockingly enough, it turned out to be a really great fighting game that...didn't get the traction it deserves, maybe for having been only on Xbox consoles until a few years back it came to PC and sold also on Steam, but at a time where more fighting games were also present.

It did get more traction as time went on and many people expect a 2nd game though, so hopefully it gets out, also, tried Rare Replay and realized Sabrewulf comes from an old ZX Spectrum game
Sabre_wulf_in_game_screenshot.png

Although he's just a wolf there, but in another game, the explorer can turn into a werewolf and it's because of being bitten by that blue wolf, but i don't think he's the Sabrewulf from Killer Instinct, just a cool little piece of trivia, also, still have to really try Rare Replay, kinda just tried Atic Atac and Jetpac, which are now the only ZX Spectrum games i have ever played.

But it makes me wish Rare put more characters from their ZX Spectrum days or just old days into Killer Instinct 2, hey, it worked with Sabrewulf.

silentstorm

Also, just wondering, for people playing Killer Instinct, are you guys using fight sticks or the actual controllers?

If so, are you doing well with the controllers?

Night.Ninja

Banned
Also, just wondering, for people playing Killer Instinct, are you guys using fight sticks or the actual controllers?

If so, are you doing well with the controllers?

Controller analogue sticks, I used to use the d-pad but I wanted to transition to a fight stick so I started using the analogue and now I can't go back analogue is so simple but the new Xbox controller d-pad is awesome.

I had to mentally train myself to use analogue stick because whenever shit got tough I would revert back to the d-pad without even realising.

silentstorm

Hmm, still getting used to the Dpad, shoryuken motions are particularly troublesome for some reason, and trying Kim Wu's moves with her kicks is a bit annoying, that being said, KI is still fun and you can still do combos easily, this is Combos The Fighting game.

Heck, for some reason, combos are still more satisfying than the auto combos from DBFZ, probably helps that rather than just pushing the same button a few times, you can experiment and it's easy to pull of super moves, it's the normal super moves that are tricky to pull off, but at least Cinder doesn't suffer from that problem to me.

splattered

The Division 2: Warlords of New York expansion DLC is on sale for $8.99 right now, i think it's normally $29.99?

Last edited:
Top Bottom