• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

silentstorm

Goodbye, i have only been around a few days, but i can already tell Hix was better at giving gaming news about Xbox better than actual gaming sites and is a liked member here.

Oh well, this is making me think i should go back to Killer Instinct, it and Power Rangers felt fun to play, and i did some combos quickly in Killer Instinct, but having trouble doing fireballs with Jago made me stop, but that was before i tried just having my finger on the middle of the Dpad most of the time which is giving better results, or just trying to play with the sticks, there are people who do play these games with sticks, heck, arcade cabinets for fighting games literally use sticks for movement now that i think about it.

Mmnow

Oof. Losing Hix is a real blow to this site. He wore his preference on his sleeve, but wasn't ever unfair or showy about it. Exactly the sort of poster that should be encouraged.

The fact is, there's 10 or so PS fanboys that just dominate every conversation, being vile under the guise of... Whatever. Memes, I guess. Or passion. Its so thinly veiled, what does it even matter how they hide it?

They probably account for a decent percentage of posts here, but only because anybody who wants to use this place to discuss games is readily run out if they have the wrong opinion.

It is so tiring to have the same bingo card conversations over and over with people who aren't interested in hearing other points of view.

This isn't a discussion forum, it's a lecture hall, and the vocal minority really hate it when you interrupt their evangelising. Those 10 assholes need more than an occasional warning and a once-a-year three day ban. If they still can't play nice, they need to go.

Hix added something to this community. They make it actively worse. It's time for a decision to be made on what's actually wanted here.

anaphase

So here's the thing. Like mentioned above, the mods aren't gonna do shit about it. The warriors bring clicks, visits, and time spent on the site up. Which in turn brings in money. These fools spend their free time to make someone else money which is of no benefit to them(maybe some superficial ego boosting). They don't value their own time.

You can't change that. Now what you can change is your participation and your fucks given. Bring both of those down to 0 and you'll be happier for it.

If you're a fan of games, which most people here claim to be, you're not gonna spend your days pixel counting or arguing which system runs xyz better. They're here to "war"(lol) with impunity, let them be.

I like both systems because games... But I mainly game on one. No amount of warring, quick maffs, tweeting, frame counting, etc is gonna change that.

TLDR; give zero fucks, be happy

Kagey K

Banned
Oof. Losing Hix is a real blow to this site. He wore his preference on his sleeve, but wasn't ever unfair or showy about it. Exactly the sort of poster that should be encouraged.

The fact is, there's 10 or so PS fanboys that just dominate every conversation, being vile under the guise of... Whatever. Memes, I guess. Or passion. Its so thinly veiled, what does it even matter how they hide it?

They probably account for a decent percentage of posts here, but only because anybody who wants to use this place to discuss games is readily run out if they have the wrong opinion.

It is so tiring to have the same bingo card conversations over and over with people who aren't interested in hearing other points of view.

This isn't a discussion forum, it's a lecture hall, and the vocal minority really hate it when you interrupt their evangelising. Those 10 assholes need more than an occasional warning and a once-a-year three day ban. If they still can't play nice, they need to go.

Hix added something to this community. They make it actively worse. It's time for a decision to be made on what's actually wanted here.
Hopefully he will take a few days to cool off and realize that those few aren’t worth throwing everything else away over.

It’s not the first and won’t be the last time they chase away respected members of the community.

Concern

He got dog piled in one of the AC threads last night. Fucking ppl chasing away good posters.

Take care @Hix.

Thats pretty sad. And of course rather than take action on trolls they let a poster who actually contributes to the forum go.

At some point I really hope the Mods do something about the most rabid of the Sony Fanboys. Their dog piling, constant drama, conspiracy whining and warring is is really making this place a shithole. The scary Xbox Discord, the DF are shills (now sometimes they're heroes when they praise the PS5) and now claiming Xbox paid Ubi to sabotage their precious. They are out of control. They drove DF out of here and now they drove @Hix out too.

There are some very obnoxious and annoying Xbox fanboys on GAF too, but not in the numbers or ferocity of the Sony Army and for the most part they don't invade and troll every positive PS5 thread or organize coordinated dog piling if someone offends their precious.

I'm guessing that's what drove Hix out of here. There were several of the worst warriors dog piling and harassing him in the Valhalla threads and it really makes me mad if we end up losing one of the best posters here.

Hix, if you're still reading this thread, please come back. We love and appreciate you and you shouldn't let the assholes win.

I don't think any action will be taken. Just look how toxic the sony nerds have made every thread here besides this one. This shit is looking as bad as the politics section.

Hix had told me awhile back he was put on a perm warning by a mod for no reason and Evilore saw it was unwarranted and removed it. So I can't say im surprised he left but I hope he does change his mind.

Mmnow

Hopefully he will take a few days to cool off and realize that those few aren’t worth throwing everything else away over.

It’s not the first and won’t be the last time they chase away respected members of the community.
It would be awful if he's gone for good but, frankly, it's better he leaves on his own steam rather than getting baited and banned. That's especially true if its affecting him in real life too.

Best of luck to him, whatever happens.

Forsythia

I'm just using the ignore funtion to weed out the most annoying posters. When the dust has settled I'll be removing them from the list, but for now it's just better this way. I'm not going to let a handful of posters annoy my time on GAF, there are lots of good people here and I'm not going to be bullied off this site.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Well after alot of work 🙈 made solid progress with emulating on the Series X.

VZ51STr.jpg

CbvbC8R.jpg

mjNhyKc.jpg

Concern

I'm just using the ignore funtion to weed out the most annoying posters. When the dust has settled I'll be removing them from the list, but for now it's just better this way. I'm not going to let a handful of posters annoy my time on GAF, there are lots of good people here and I'm not going to be bullied off this site.

I don't let nobody rent space in ny head. Much less some neckbeards warring over consoles. At worst I feel sorry for them. Most of them are over 40 and obviously have nothing else going for them.

Funniest thing is I've been mostly a ps fan while I own both but I don't care to entertain much conversation with fanboys. Just stick to discussing what you like and ignore the dumbasses.

Hostile_18

Banned
Does Retroarch automatically upscale? I'm tempted as hell when I have less to play, but it'll be a must set-up if it outputs at a decent resolution.

I'm not sure theres no clear setting I can see yet, it looks better than release but no where near native 4k for example. It may well be a setting in the options somewhere. I only got them working in a rather convoluted way. Need to dig into the app properly next time.

Flintty

Judging by his post history, he finally had enough of the 1 IQ console warring amoeba.

I can’t blame him, but I do hope he comes back. Ignore, or a hearty troll-them-back (without being disruptive or exhibiting poor behavior yourself) attitude are both things that can help with that.

Yeah it sucks. My activity here nose dived over the past week because a lot of threads were turning to shit and I have enough to worry about in my life at the moment!

Calverz

The mods have done something though, they gave them protected status and passively encourage the behaviour.

Hix even said he was given a ban warning for reporting the Sony warrior autists. @Jon Neu got a report ban for similar iirc and then there is the nextgen autist thread where the mods have happily capitulated to the Sony warrior report brigading.
To be fair to mods im always on the wind up with sony fanboys and get away with it. I think when it starts to become harassment and personal a mod should step in. Otherwise it just becomes resetera. That place is full of snowflakes where if you even hint at a dislike of playstation its a ban. Its crazy. At least here in neogaf you can continue debates. All be it sometimes taken too far and missed by the mods.
But its all just a bit of fun at the end of the day.

Kagey K

Banned
22 games coming to Xbox next week.

Chronos: Before the Ashes – December 1

An atmospheric RPG that chronicles a hero’s lifelong quest to save their homeland from a great evil. Grow wiser, stronger, and more powerful as you explore the depths of the mysterious labyrinth. But beware, the labyrinth takes a heavy toll – each time your hero dies, they lose a year of their life!
Empire of Sin – December 1
Slip into the shoes of one of the fourteen real and historically inspired mob bosses such as Al Capone, Stephanie St. Clair or Goldie Garneau and assemble a rag-tag gang, build and manage your criminal empire, and defend your turf from rival gangs in this new strategy game from Romero Games and Paradox Interactive.
Twin Mirror – December 1 – Xbox One X Enhanced
Forced to confront his past, Sam Higgs uses his unique intellectual abilities to uncover his hometown’s dark secrets. But how do you know who to trust when you’re not even sure you can trust yourself? The award-winning storytellers at Dontnod invite you on another thrilling adventure.
Habroxia – December 2
Pilot the ship Habroxia through 15 levels featuring intense boss fights, rescue missions, shifting perspectives and untold surprises. Customize your ship to enhance your abilities, unlock the three endless side modes, and save the galaxy from a series of sinister invaders.
Paw Paw Paw – December 2
Paw Paw Paw was a peaceful and prosperous kingdom until one fateful day, when the King had decided to enforce everyone to wear pants. You play as part of the resistance group AntiPants in their effort to bring down the King. Hack and slash your way to victory and beat all your enemies into pulps!
Haven – December 3 – Optimized for Xbox Series X|S
Two lovers gave up everything and escaped to a lost planet to be together. Glide through a mysterious landscape, explore a fragmented world and fight against what’s trying to tear them apart in this RPG adventure about love, rebellion, and freedom.
Immortals Fenyx Rising – December 3 – Optimized for Xbox Series X|S
Discover a stylized open world across seven unique regions as you take on the role of Fenyx, a winged demigod on a quest to save the Greek gods. Wield the power of ancient weapons like Achilles’ sword and Daidalos’ wings to battle powerful enemies and solve ancient puzzles, fight iconic mythological beasts, and use diverse weapons to deal devastating damage.
Phogs! – December 3
Play as a duo of dogs on a captivating, puzzle-filled adventure. Linked by a stretchy belly, you’ll need to bark, bite, and bounce your way through obstacles set across the themed worlds of Food, Sleep and Play, in co-op or single-player.
VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action – December 3 – Windows 10 PC
VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action is a booze em’ up about waifus, technology, and post-dystopia life. You are a bartender at VA-11 HALL-A, affectionately nicknamed “Valhalla.” Although it is just a small bar downtown, it attracts the most fascinating people this side of dystopia. Keep your clients lubricated and you will be made privy to the most interesting stories.
Wildfire – December 3
Master the elements in this stealth game where everything burns. Use your elemental powers to start fires, freeze water, and move earth as you outsmart superstitious enemies in this mischievous 2D stealth game.
Wonder Blade – December 3
What do you get when you cross a whimsical adventure, humorous characters, and combat to die for? Wonder Blade! It’s an awesome experience you won’t soon forget so grab that trusty weapon of yours, free the princess, and save the world — all before breakfast.
Darq: Complete Edition – December 4 – Xbox One X Enhanced
Embark on a journey through Lloyd’s dreams that quickly turn into a loop of nightmares. The boy’s main priority is to wake up, but unfortunately, each attempt sinks him deeper into his lucid subconscious-driven dreams. Lloyd must adapt to the new world, re-learn gravity, strain all his senses and mind to solve puzzles and sneak past the creatures guarding the corners of Darq.
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition – December 4 – Xbox Play Anywhere / Xbox Game Pass
This definitive edition includes the critically acclaimed Dragon Quest XI, plus additional scenarios, orchestral soundtrack, 2D mode and more! Whether you are a longtime fan or a new adventurer, this is the ultimate DQXI experience. Embark upon an epic adventure as The Luminary: the chosen one in a world that vows to hunt him down. Along with his band of loyal companions, you’ll work together to overthrow the dark forces that plot to plunge the world of Erdrea into chaos.
Duck Life Adventure – December 4
Design your own duck and embark on an epic adventure! Explore an enormous new area to find training dojos, shops, and ducks to race and battle. Play 16 new training games to level up your duck in 8 skills and become the greatest duck adventurer ever.
Guntastic – December 4
A fast-paced couch and online arena brawler with comically violent, one-shot one-kill battles that last for just 25 seconds – after which anyone who is still alive is forcibly eliminated. Explode your friends in this frantic homage to the 16-bit coin-op games of the past.
JCB Pioneer Mars – December 4
Experience incredible survival sandbox gameplay and explore Mars using a selection of futuristic, ultra-rugged JCB vehicles designed specifically for the challenge. Mine precious materials, construct large-scale buildings and research new technologies to ensure humanity’s future lies beyond planet Earth.
John Wick Hex – December 4
Featuring a unique blend of strategic time-based action, John Wick Hex captures the feel of the tactical combat from the films and blurs the line between the strategy and action video game genres. Players must make quick decisions and choose every action and attack they make, all the while considering their immediate cost and consequences.
Nine Witches: Family Disruption – December 4
When an occult German WWII division releases an ancient curse upon the world, a supernatural problem is going to require a supernatural solution. Take control of two playable heroes as they embark on a comedic, alternate-history adventure with a truly original story. Play the demo today.
Ruinverse – December 4
Follow Kit, a kind-hearted transporter, and his vivacious childhood friend Allie as they team up with a third-rate swindler, a quack physician, and a ditzy dwarf to travel the world in their quest to save Allie from a plight that threatens her very existence while experiencing their moments of triumph and hardship in what is sure to be an unforgettable journey for RPG fans everywhere.
Shoot 1UP DX – December 4
With your home world destroyed, lead your detached battalion’s charge by destroying the mechanical-tentacle hybrid attack forces responsible for your pain. Play through 8 challenging shoot-em up stages, complete with branching paths, nasty bosses, and secret powerups.
Sleepin’ Deeply – December 4
In this new chapter of The Guy, you’ll be challenged with new puzzles generated by the surreal dreams of the protagonist. You’ll encounter the weirdest of the living beings as you go deeper and deeper into his subconscious. This time to wake him up you’ll need all your skills.
Steampunk Tower 2 – December 4
Steampunk Tower 2 is an action-strategy game set in the alternative Steampunk universe. In Lord Bingham’s military service there is a new secret weapon under your command, the gigantic aircraft Carrier transporting the Battle Tower.

Chronos, Immortals, Twin Mirror and DQ are the ones that interest me the most.

Chronos seems to be the unknown, looks like a prequel to Remnant: From Ashes, every time,e you die your character ages a year.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
To be fair to mods im always on the wind up with sony fanboys and get away with it. I think when it starts to become harassment and personal a mod should step in. Otherwise it just becomes resetera. That place is full of snowflakes where if you even hint at a dislike of playstation its a ban. Its crazy. At least here in neogaf you can continue debates. All be it sometimes taken too far and missed by the mods.
But its all just a bit of fun at the end of the day.

It's already gone well passed that though

Hostile_18

Banned
How good are the frames?

I'll get back to you within the hour on that one bud. Initially everything is so drawn out and complicated 😂. Turns out for resolution increase you need access to the quick menu you dont have access to without changing the hot keys etc. Everythings been like that today, I'm getting there lol.

Good thing is once its sorted, its sorted

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Yeah it sucks. My activity here nose dived over the past week because a lot of threads were turning to shit and I have enough to worry about in my life at the moment!

Mine has fortunately really dropped off quite a bit since Nov. 10 thanks to the Series X. But when I take GAF breaks from playing, I mostly just read and post in this thread and read without participating in some of the worst fanboy drivel threads to soak in the comedy gold.

DustQueen

Banned
Played Killer Instinct for an hour...
Fuck ... this fighting system...it just makes so much sense it makes my head hurt...
Almost all of the bullshit possible in games like MK11 n just general possibility of abusing game mechanics that so many games in this genre provide is just not here... What is this... a fighting game where I actually need to play it... play it fair... And think?
If MS not gonna support this franchise further it'll be a mistake.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Played Killer Instinct for an hour...
Fuck ... this fighting system...it just makes so much sense it makes my head hurt...
Almost all of the bullshit possible in games like MK11 n just general possibility of abusing game mechanics that so many games in this genre provide is just not here... What is this... a fighting game when I actually need to play it... play it fair... And think?
If MS not gonna support this franchise further it'll be a mistake.

7ef.jpg

silentstorm

Fighting games are niche, that being said, almost everyone who tried Killer Instinct really seems to like it but it's overshadowed by other fighting games because it started as Xbox only and then only got ported to PC.

But due to the love and hype, a Killer Instinct 2 would be a great move and establish another MS exclusive franchise for good.

Also, add one Halo character to it, or let Rare use more characters from old IP's, having a Battletoads character being in there was awesome, if Banjo or Conker(who fits a fighting game more than Banjo honestly) somehow got there even if just as DLC characters...well, you know lots of people would try Killer Instinct 2 just because of that, but i guess that Microsoft worries KI would be too niche.

Naked Lunch

So pumped for Dragon Quest XI on Xbox this week. I waited on buying all other console versions - and it looks like it was worth it. Ill take the Xbox controller (even for jrpgs) over any other console.

The first time the Dragon Quest series has hit an Xbox - this is really big news. Its a huge get for fans of Japanese games. Hopefully this leads to more in the series ala the recent Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts on Xbox deluge. I remember Phil Spencer was so excited landing the Kingdom Hearts series back a couple E3s ago - and i bet he had a say in bringing DQ over too.

Last edited:

BigLee74

I don't let nobody rent space in ny head. Much less some neckbeards warring over consoles. At worst I feel sorry for them. Most of them are over 40 and obviously have nothing else going for them.

Funniest thing is I've been mostly a ps fan while I own both but I don't care to entertain much conversation with fanboys. Just stick to discussing what you like and ignore the dumbasses.

Hey! What's wrong with over 40s?

silentstorm

Damn, because of Black Friday, i have already bought some games, i know it's on Game Pass, but games like this are ones i love to support because it shows there is a market, if no one buys the game, it just means more JRPG's not coming to Xbox, and that's bad.

Hostile_18

Banned
Hello its Hostile_18 here not at Digital Foundry. I can confirm Mario 64 at 1080p runs at 60fps, with occasional dips to 55fps on the Series X. It looks beautiful. I did try 4k Resolution but with this game at least it crashes.

A few pointers that will save people loads of time and effort.

- Once you have the emulator, update all aspects in app. It completely changes and becomes alot more user friendly.
- Remap the controls. You need to add the in game quick menu (it's the only way to increase resolution). Add in a button prompt for FPS. Also add the close app button here as it will save on exit and it's the only way for your changes (such as increased resolution to apply).

Thank you for making it to the end of the post, if indeed you did. Remember to click like and subscribe, it helps a ton. Until next time... Auf Wiedersehen.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Was looking for something a bit different to play and decided to download River City Girls since I really liked River City Ransom back in the day.

I have to say it’s actually pretty fun. Still don’t know which girl is better but I went with Kyoko because she’s a redhead 😜Unlocked dab and just killing people with dab all over the place.

If you liked the Scott Pilgrim game give it a go.

Last edited:

silentstorm

Ah yes, at the time of that game, i was a PC gamer so i didn't play it, and then it got removed, i will certainly try the complete edition once it comes out.

Also, River City Girls is fun, should check the new ending, man, some people really hated the original ending, to be fair, it was a really lame 4th wall joke that only fans of the franchise would know to begin with and even fans in Japan, the ones that are more likely to understand the references, thought it was a mediocre to awful joke.

And they already had a different ending that was generally more liked by everyone, seriously, the original western ending was so hated or criticized people outright ignored it and the latest patch added a whole new ending just to please fans, for my part, it was just an ending that ended with a joke...which i just found more mediocre than anything and it seemed almost there just so that the writer could make a 4th wall breaking joke.

silentstorm

Just want to say, Power Rangers: Battle For The Grind, even without the DLC, is also a suprisingly good fighting game, it's very much a rare case of a licensed game that doesn't suck, the combos are a bit harder to pull off than Killer Instinct, but the big combos is a mark of that franchise anyways.

The Power Rangers game mostly focuses on MMPR but Rangers and enemies from other series appear, mostly because the plot revolves around a villain from another universe with an army of evil rangers messing with time and space, so one of the Time Force Rangers(the Pink one) appears to help the MMPR and others come along as the plot progresses, don't expect a super cool new villain, for people who grew up with MMPR, it's just evil Tommy Oliver with a costume that is a mix of the Green and White Power Rangers costumes, nothing amazing like Lord Zedd's design.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Decided to get control during this sale since I am closing in on finishing gears tactics. I'll try dead space first want to wait for the nextgen patch. If I don't like dead space I'll play control until cyberpunk 2077 time. That game no nextgen performance killing patch for me. I may get mafia but never played one not sure if it controls ok.

Top Bottom