• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Eh_jXX4XcAEHdOx
Eh_jeMrXgAEypAW
Eh_jiPtXgAUosb0
Eh_jlodXgAYJnwr
Eh_j2anWoAAALw9
Eh_j7dbXsAAIZDb
Eh_j_c_XcAAxBnH
Eh_kCjmWkAA9DOg
Eh_kJQ4XkAc1lJn
Eh_kMzhXsAED9E0
Eh_kR8ZXgAUsm6m
Eh_kjJRXsAEuMfi
Eh_kuU-XsAEi0rG
Eh_kzisXgAErAK-
Eh_k4YvWkAAJxge
Eh_k8AaWoAE0jBV
Eh_lEVcXgAEYDBm
Eh_lK-BWoAAuuaN
Eh_lPCbXsAAyHrO
Eh_lSTJXYAMg6c-

Greeno

From recently watching the director's commentary video of Everwild, I think I know how the gameplay will be like.

Instead of direct interaction with the environment (like cutting a tree in BotW), we will be guiding the creatures to do that for us. You want to cross a river? Let that hairy creature cut down and move a branch for you. You want to lighten a cave? Give a lightstick to the butterfly-like creature.

The gameplay will focus on the mutualism between the humans and the creatures. The gameplay loop will consist of 3 elements: creating bonds, nurturing bonds, and benefiting from bonds. The combat will be focused more on defending the creatures from "evil spirits".

Bernkastel

Bernkastel

011.jpg
010.jpg

002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

From a demo of sampler feedback streaming. The upper right bar is used for normal MIP streaming from above, when the SFS unused Xbox Velocity architecture is used, and when the Xbox Velocity architecture is used by SFS operation. XVA/SFS also allows real-time cut scenes like TV dramas to achieve more dramatic conversation and directing effects.
005.jpg

The Mipmap (MIP Map), which used to be a texture streaming technology, displayed a low-resolution texture in advance and replaced it with a high-resolution one in accordance with the movement of the camera, but with the high resolution of the texture, the limit was seen. This will replace sampler feedback streaming.
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg

Last edited:
Jesus why is the PS5 so fuggin' big xD?

From recently watching the director's commentary video of Everwild, I think I know how the gameplay will be like.

Instead of direct interaction with the environment (like cutting a tree in BotW), we will be guiding the creatures to do that for us. You want to cross a river? Let that hairy creature cut down and move a branch for you. You want to lighten a cave? Give a lightstick to the butterfly-like creature.

The gameplay will focus on the mutualism between the humans and the creatures. The gameplay loop will consist of 3 elements: creating bonds, nurturing bonds, and benefiting from bonds. The combat will be focused more on defending the creatures from "evil spirits".

Sounds on the money. Gives me some God-game style vibes but on a more "personal" or intimate level since you'd be establishing bonds and relationships with nature itself. It'd be really cool if different creatures had their own habitats and ways of interacting with each other you could observe and take into consideration.

This also makes me hope there's a real-time seasonal system in the game with biome areas that change with the seasons and species within those habitats who adapt to the changes in their behaviors. Integrating all of that with some sort of story narrative would be awesome. I don't having creatures who "talk" like people would is actually necessary or would even fit (just guessing), but maybe them emoting in human-like ways to indicate to the player how they feel about doing certain things, if certain things may scare them, hurt them, or make them excited...and all of that builds up trust between you and those specific creatures, would be really amazing.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

unknown.png

There is supposed to a Xbox event in a few days which will feature XSX gameplay. Take it with a tablespoon of salt.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

I hope you're right, this sounds great and would be a unique take on gameplay in a beautiful game that looks really unique.

Barakov

unknown.png

There is supposed to a Xbox event in a few days which will feature XSX gameplay. Take it with a tablespoon of salt.

mwTbhj4.gif

Bernkastel

Posting this for no real reason, I just enjoy watching them explode the X. I can watch it for days.

They're getting more bold in their marketing now, I like that. Can't pussyfoot around if you want to be a leader.

Still in shock over how massive a deal this is. And on a random Monday morning no less (well, the Monday right before they open up preorders, but still...)

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I've been wondering why they had not made a move on Bethesda. I figured they would be just under an $8B acquisition based on their 2016 valuation. Good move on MSFT's part. Made a ton more sense than WB for Mortal Kombat and some licensed IP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom