• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

splattered

so 4k games on xbox one x is going to be 1440p on xbox series s? Are you kidding me?!

So maybe it outputs the X enhanced games at 1440p but upscale the image to 4k so you can't tell the difference on your TV like the PS4 Pro does a lot? I don't really see a problem with that if it helps them maintain high frame rates and perceived visual fidelity on our tv's...

Aladin

Isn't series s half as powerful as ps5 ? So if ps5 targets 1440p, series s will be targeting 1080p. The beard man mentions RAM being reduced proportionally. It's not like switch where you have to delete vegetation and such to get the game working.

if a consumer was to decide between xbone x vs xbox series s, would they not be confused?

Consider forza horizon 4, or even gears of war 5. Both are 4k on xbone x but is 1440p on series S but maybe 60fps?

The marketing from MSFT and clarity on the skus has been garbage

Greeno

if a consumer was to decide between xbone x vs xbox series s, would they not be confused?

Consider forza horizon 4, or even gears of war 5. Both are 4k on xbone x but is 1440p on series S but maybe 60fps?

The marketing from MSFT and clarity on the skus has been garbage

Xbox One X is discontinued already. You won't be able to pre-order it against the Series S.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

$70??

OblongRectangularIndianjackal-size_restricted.gif

although xbone x and xbox one s has been discontinued, can i still trade it in at gamestop and get atleast $100 to $150 off xbox series X?

J-Roderton

With BC on these new consoles, for example if I own digital version of the Devil May Cry for 360, would that be playable on the S or X, or do we even know this answer yet. I would assume it wouldn’t work. Idk.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
With BC on these new consoles, for example if I own digital version of the Devil May Cry for 360, would that be playable on the S or X, or do we even know this answer yet. I would assume it wouldn’t work. Idk.
If it works on the Xbox One it works on the new consoles. That extends to any 360/Original Xbox title in the back compat program.

If you’ve played the game on your Xbox One or used cloud saved on 360 your save comes with you for every game regardless of generation.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
It would. Digital purchases in Xbox 360 worked on Xbox One.
As gamers, we also know how important it is to preserve and respect our gaming legacies. Your favorite games and franchises, your progression and achievements, and the friendships and communities you create through gaming should all move with you across generations. Not only that, your favorite gaming accessories and peripherals should also move forward with you as well.

Our goal has always been to empower gamers to play the best versions of games from across four generations of Xbox at the launch of Xbox Series X. These principles were key to us from Day 1 and influenced many of our design decisions as we started on our journey to create our most powerful and compatible console ever.

Greeno

So seeing that Gears Tactics is still being shown on PC in GamePass's next stream, I can't be the only one frustrated with the lack of Series X footage. The last time we saw Series X in action is in March.

I'd like to atleast see The Medium running on the Series X before the 22nd of September (it should be functioning well on the Series X as it's launching with it).

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Really nice offices. Love the steampunk coffee table and the vault door in "Ranger HQ" Looks like a fantastic workplace for creative people.

DrDamn

So the Series S will in fact have all the 1X enhancements (plus some more), except without 4K upscaling? Sounds fair enough.

It depends on how the X1X version worked. It would be missing higher quality textures and higher native resolution (not simply upscaling) - or given it's only going to output a max of 1080p for b/c then it'll be missing the advantages of super sampling that an X1X has on a 1080p output. I.e. internally rendering at 4K and downscaling to 1080p gives very good 1080p image quality.

Also if a performance mode (lower res, higher FPS) was only available in the X1X version then that wouldn't be available on the XSS. Though they are certainly doing something to try and add that sort of thing via the b/c system.

Top Bottom