• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
A remake like Crash and Spyro is always welcome. And then a new Banjo and Jet Force Gemini.
A remake would be very slightly more welcome than nothing, but very slightly so. Banjo-Kazooie is basically perfect as it is, a visual overhaul will not change that. In contrast to Crash / Spyro it would also just be two games that could be remade.

EDIT: Unless they want to include Gunty's Revenge, which is a fine game, but would need pretty substantial reworking to work as an XSX game - to the point that making a new game would not be much less effort.

Last edited:
Ya, I more so meant a Crash/Spyro-esque remake rather than just another straight remaster. But whether it's that or an entirely new game I think now's the right time for it since platformers seem to be making a bit of a resurgence.

Zero707

If I carry on trolling, report me.
So i was watching Halo Infinite Banished teaser and i noticed something the screen is no broken or cracked the thing actually moves so this is Flood Right ?

So i was watching Halo Infinite Banished teaser and i noticed something the screen is no broken or cracked the thing actually moves so this is Flood Right ?

There's debates on if it's a Flood tentacle or just a cracked screen effect. Personally I lean towards the latter although I'd very much like to see the Flood show up again.

Zero707

If I carry on trolling, report me.

v8E3b9o.jpg

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
We know firsthand the challenges that working from home presents. Specifically, many developers are unable to access their Xbox development kits. By not having access to their usual tools, game developers, artists, and designers may not be able to maintain the rapid iteration cycles needed to turn out new content for gamers. Many of the traditional Xbox remote access tools are designed to be used within an office environment; bringing developer kits home is often not an option and activities like playtesting and gameplay tuning require high frame rates and minimal latency.

We've set out to solve these remote access challenges by re-allocating our Project xCloud resources; going beyond mobile and creating a PC app experience for developers that runs a low-latency 60fps gaming experience that allows for continued game development. By giving developers access to our PC Content Test App (PC CTA) they can remotely connect to their Xbox Development Kits from their PC, allowing them to test, play and iterate as if they were in the office. It also prevents them from having to download daily builds to local hardware in the home, which can often take hours.

To date, developers across many of the biggest gaming studios have used the PC CTA to significantly improve their remote-working environment. We have received great feedback on the overall quality from those within Xbox Game Studios as well as from several of our third-party partners, including:
  • Eidos-Montréal
  • Infinity Ward
  • Ninja Theory
  • Playground Games
  • Rare
  • Turn 10 Studios
  • Undead Labs
Many of our partners were early adopters of this solution and shared this with the team:

"xCloud will give the opportunity to dev teams and also internal and external QA teams to put their hands on our latest game builds from everywhere minutes after their release. By allowing the teams to connect remotely to their devkits and take advantage of the high bandwidth LAN network from our various office locations, xCloud will also add another layer of security as the content created will stay on our corporate network." - Guillaume Le-Malet, Infrastructure Director – Eidos-Montréal
"Our transition to work from home introduced some significant hurdles into our QA and development process. We went overnight from being able to test 2-3 builds daily to being limited to one build for the whole team, downloaded overnight. This was especially painful if that build failed in any way and could wipe out whole days. Using the PC Content Test app enables us to bring back our old workflows wholesale. Installs to kits on-site are now minutes rather than the hours it takes to download remotely, and we have the flexibility to react when something goes wrong." - Sean Davies, Technical Director – Rare
Microsoft's key principle is enabling people to achieve more, and our goal in Xbox has always been to bring gaming to more people. Whether it's by offering up the latest games on a diverse set of platforms or enabling developers to work more effectively at home, we are always looking at ways to help our partners achieve more. We recently announced a new initiative from Azure to create a fast and secure build transfer solution for game developer working remotely, and now we're offering even more ways to work remotely by using Project xCloud technology.

For Xbox developers interested in utilizing the PC CTA, start by contacting your Microsoft Program Representative who can grant you access. Once you have installed the application you can use the Direct Connect functionality to remotely access your Xbox Development Kit. From here you can use all the developer tools needed to develop your game such as performance simulations, network testing, system resource monitoring and general trouble shooting
xCloudBladeHERO.jpg

Last edited:
I do not want a SoD MMO. There's too many MMOish/GAAS games as is. I find that the overwhelming majority of time that single player experiences get ruined by turning into a MMO/GAAS

I'd prefer they stick to what made the first game so fun and addictive and build on that with a better story, building mechanics, while having co op or a multiplayer aspect on the side.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

State of Decay MMO?
I do not want a SoD MMO. There's too many MMOish/GAAS games as is. I find that the overwhelming majority of time that single player experiences get ruined by turning into a MMO/GAAS

I'd prefer they stick to what made the first game so fun and addictive and build on that with a better story, building mechanics, while having co op or a multiplayer aspect on the side.
State of Decay 3 is a thing. But I think they are also making a traditional MMO. Klobrille had also previously said that they have two projects.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
The problem with the recently acquired (Inxile and Compulsion) or created (The initative my biggest expectation) studios is that we will not have news till next year or more.
The proof with this tweet. When you are still hiring you are not well advanced in development. Unless Microsoft force them to rush games to put them on gamepass.

So for 23rd july the list will be drastically reduce for numbers of games to be shown.

No Intiative game
Inxile from what we saw with the tweet are not ready.
Hellblade 2 maybe will be advanced but if they choose to wait for UE5 don't know if they will show it.

I would imagine we'll see some new gameplay from Wasteland 3. Not exclusive since it was under development before Xbox bought InXile, but it looks like a great game never-the-less and it's Day 1 on Game pass.

Dane

AT&T will release their quarterly earnings on July 23, 7 AM ET
And the Xbox July event will happen the same day after AT&T has already released their earnings.

I think it won't happen that soon, some people believe that if it happens, it gonna take a few months.

Unless there was a deal ocurring even before the WB sale announcement.

Bernkastel

I think it won't happen that soon, some people believe that if it happens, it gonna take a few months.

Unless there was a deal ocurring even before the WB sale announcement.
But they timed their event right after AT&T earnings call. There was no reason to wait till July 23.

Bernkastel

Added more details to the upcoming games list. Also, took some inspirations from Jooxed Jooxed 's Nintendo OT.
First Party Studios and Projects
343 Industries

• Halo Infinite | Releases Holiday 2020 | Thread ➤ 60 fps | HDR | Ray Tracing | Smart Delivery
The Coalition

Turn 10

• Forza Motorsport 8 | Thread | ➤ 60 fps | HDR | Ray Tracing

Playground Games

Rare

Obsidian

• Rumoured big fantasy RPG(supposedly set in Eora) by Chris Parker and small Unity based project by Josh Sawyer | Thread

InXile

• Unannounced Unreal Engine 5 RPG project | Thread

Ninja Theory

Compulsion Games

Undead Labs

The Initiative

• Unannounced Project | Thread

Double Fine

Mojang Studios

Worlds Edge

Other second and third party projects

Last edited:

Dane

But they timed their event right after AT&T earnings call. There was no reason to wait till July 23.

Rumor that it was a July 20th event, sometimes coincidences can happen.

Perhaps Microsoft may also do their earnings calls on the same day?

Bernkastel

Rumor that it was a July 20th event, sometimes coincidences can happen.

Perhaps Microsoft may also do their earnings calls on the same day?
Microsoft has not formally confirmed its next earnings publication date, but the company's estimated earnings date is Thursday, July 16th, 2020 based off prior year's report dates.

I just bought an X Box One X. I learned last gen that adopting new consoles day one isn't worth it. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for an external HD? I've seen quite a few but they all operate at 5400rpm. Ideally I'd prefer 7200rpm, if possible.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
CatLady CatLady Can I get a link to the secret XboxGAF Discord? There are a few Nintendo kiddie diddlers I want to destroy.

It's https:/Xbox-top.secret-discord/Sony/fanboy-fud.com

DM me for our secret handshake and password. I don't want any Sony fans to get that info, and find out about all our super secret plots & plans against Mother Sony.

Bernkastel

Yeah that doesn’t make sense as Dontnod have confirmed it’s not episodic anymore and the full game will come out at release.
Chapter 1 is called "Breathless" I guess. We can still buy them separately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom