• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity

47ggnp.jpg

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
What games is everyone expecting/hoping to see at the July event and which of those do think will be available at launch?

I'm expecting to see:
Halo - of course
Everwild
Fable
Psychonauts
Gears Tactics
Flight Sim 2020
One of the Forzas
More Hellblade - PLEASE
DLC for Outer Worlds
Something from The Initiative

At launch I KNOW we have Halo plus I expect Everwild, Gears Tactics - Xbox edition, one of the Forza games, Outerworlds DLC and maybe Flight Sim.

I think we are going to have a very good launch line up compared to other gens. Do we know if any of the 3rd party exclusives are launch game? If yes even better.

Hoping for :

The medium gameplay
New single player IP ( cinematic story - third person )
New space game
Batman
New IP ( first person )

Expecting :

Nothing from what I hoped

Jooxed

Gold Member

The Initiative is not going to bring its game to this event
In addition to acquiring existing studios, Microsoft also started a new team in Santa Monica called The Initiative. The company built this studio specifically to bring in talent to create marquee games with massive budgets.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

In addition to acquiring existing studios, Microsoft also started a new team in Santa Monica called The Initiative. The company built this studio specifically to bring in talent to create marquee games with massive budgets.
That's a shame, but also a bit understandable since they really are in very early development.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
That's a shame, but also a bit understandable since they really are in very early development.

Is this speculation or is this article claiming this as fact?

I can't really tell.

But I don't see any reason why the initiative won't tease something. This is an event to make you want to invest in Xbox.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

I can't really tell.

But I don't see any reason why the initiative won't tease something. This is an event to make you want to invest in Xbox.
There will be another event to counter Sony's august event!

Jooxed

Gold Member

I can't really tell.

Jeff Grubb has a pretty great tack record.

3liteDragon

God dammit

Dee_Dee

That’s pretty lame if true...

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

From 1st party expect 343i (Halo Infinite), Ninja Theory(Hellblade II), Obsidian(Chris Parker's Big RPG project), Turn 10(Forza Motorsport 8), Playground Games(New RPG project) and Rare(Everwild). All these projects are 2017 or older. Its also possible that Coalition will surprise us with something new.
We will also see Flight Simulator, The Medium and other non-first party projects. The 4chan leak also mentioned a big Japanese exclusive. And theres this.
There will be a few surprises like some possible new aquisition.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

From 1st party expect 343i (Halo Infinite), Ninja Theory(Hellblade II), Obsidian(Chris Parker's Big RPG project), Turn 10(Forza Motorsport 8), Playground Games(New RPG project) and Rare(Everwild). All these projects are 2017 or older. Its also possible that Coalition will surprise us with something new.
We will also see The Medium and other non-first party projects. The 4chan leak also mentioned a big Japanese exclusive. And theres this.
If these are all there, it should be a killer (not instinct) showing.

Last edited:

PaNaMa

Banned
Halo Infinite goes gold in what, 3 months? In stores in 4 months? You have to think what we'll be seeing is what we'll be getting. It's kind of worrying to a jaded guy like me that we haven't seen more tbh. I know it's a cross gen title, and maybe MS worried it would not wow people like the Ps5 Unreal tech demo, and draw unfair comparisons. I am hoping for a more open world kind of game, but since last gen hardware still forced devs to break up maps into small zones and loading screens (destiny, division, borderland ,anthem lol etc) I don't expect HI to be anything radically different. I'm hoping for some kind of gear chase element, skill tree customizations, classes or soldier types, gun/armor mods and attachments, or something to set it apart from whats come before. I really hope 343 can find a way re-energize this franchise. Bring on July 23

So basically MS has all the right intentions, but greedy publishers will as always find a workaround... So it'll be all up to the people, whether they'll accept such shady practices or show the publishers the middle finger.

The nice thing is Smart Delivery will shine a big old spotlight on developers that opt for the greed route. There is no other reason not to use the feature.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
The nice thing is Smart Delivery will shine a big old spotlight on developers that opt for the greed route. There is no other reason not to use the feature.
Unfortunately that light won't be big enough to persuade enough publisher. Weren't that many hitters that currently have opted for Smart Delivery, although maybe this changes once we see the Ubisoft event. It's weird that they would do this for Valhalla on PS5 and XSX, but not for their other games.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Nacon

They make controllers, keyboards, mice and fight sticks. Their high end controllers feature things like weights you can add to the controller, rear buttons, programs maps, etc.

Aww maaannn...

I just got my Elite 2. Are they soon going to bring something even better?! My wallet feels the pressure :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Aww maaannn...

I just got my Elite 2. Are they soon going to bring something even better?! My wallet feels the pressure :messenger_downcast_sweat:

The Elite 2 is cross-compatible with the Series X and I think it'll be at least a year before a V3 is introduced. I think Nacom will be producing Xbox branded peripherals like fight sticks, keyboards, headsets, etc. I think Microsoft is probably going to continue making their own Elite controllers moving forward.

Perrott

Gold Member
Why bother when they wont get the Batman IP(belongs to the parent company AT&T)?
If Microsoft were to purchase WB Interactive Entertainment they will most likely get a licensing deal with AT&T for the DC franchise as there are several DC titles currently in production from both WB Montreal and Rocksteady (Batman, Suicide Squad, Superman) that neither Microsoft or AT&T would like to see cancelled over some stupid IP conflict.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

InXile and Compulsion are Xbox's dark horse, although their projects only started in 2019. People who are saying Xbox will start strong like last gen and wont have anything after that are in for a surprise.

kensama

InXile and Compulsion are Xbox's dark horse, although their projects only started in 2019. People who are saying Xbox will start strong like last gen and wont have anything after that are in for a surprise.

The problem with the recently acquired (Inxile and Compulsion) or created (The initative my biggest expectation) studios is that we will not have news till next year or more.
The proof with this tweet. When you are still hiring you are not well advanced in development. Unless Microsoft force them to rush games to put them on gamepass.

So for 23rd july the list will be drastically reduce for numbers of games to be shown.

No Intiative game
Inxile from what we saw with the tweet are not ready.
Hellblade 2 maybe will be advanced but if they choose to wait for UE5 don't know if they will show it.

Bernkastel

The problem with the recently acquired (Inxile and Compulsion) or created (The initative my biggest expectation) studios is that we will not have news till next year or more.
The proof with this tweet. When you are still hiring you are not well advanced in development. Unless Microsoft force them to rush games to put them on gamepass.

So for 23rd july the list will be drastically reduce for numbers of games to be shown.

No Intiative game
Inxile from what we saw with the tweet are not ready.
Hellblade 2 maybe will be advanced but if they choose to wait for UE5 don't know if they will show it.
I was talking about mid-gen onwards, ofcourse you wont see their projects now.
There are still lots of stuffs for July 23rd.

We will also see Flight Simulator, The Medium and other non-first party projects. The 4chan leak also mentioned a big Japanese exclusive. And theres this.

kensama

I was talking about mid-gen onwards, ofcourse you wont see their projects now.
There are still lots of stuffs for July 23rd.

We will see.
I hope there will be more game than Halo, Forza (which are not my style of game even with PC game pass i don't succeed to be appealed with this game).
I wish Microsoft give me a last odyssey 2 and blue dragon 2 but don't hope too much

whitesugar

Banned
Was looking at a few articles regarding gamelass earlier. That Jeff Grubb guy was saying there are rumour of a big game coming to Gamepass shortly after its release this year, and said it might be Cyberpunk. Whether true or not, made me wonder if MS will try to get a big third party game in Gamepass for this holiday shortly after release.

Halo, Forza and a big AAA third party game all on Gamepass in the launch window would be a strong selling point. Might even tempt me to get it at launch

Top Bottom