• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Anyone think the Mass Effect remaster could be shown here? It was originally an Xbox exclusive, after all. And I found its absence at the EA show very odd.

I’d ask about Elden Ring too but god knows what’s going on with that game.

That wouldn't make sense, Xbox already has the Mass Effect trilogy with back compat. If EA was going to show it in a console show, Sony would make more sense since their fans are always crying for a Mass Effect remaster.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
WHERE IS THE CHOOCHOOhypeCHOO train?
If you are going that route, then do this instead of an actual train. A hype fleet!
halo-infinity-1491688

Although its kind of silly if you ask me. And JLB JLB 's suggestion of Halo ring is better.

Last edited:

CatLady

Starfield Starfield posted this in the July event thread. ID@Xbox Indie games showcase.

Edit: To add - This is separate showcase and not part of the July 1st party event.

Last edited:

CatLady

We probably wont have a ID@Xbox showcase in the July event, since they did the summer spotlight.

Yeah, that's why he posted it. It's a separate showcase from the July 23rd event. July 23rd is all about 1st party AAA all the way.

Nah. EA is probably pulling a Nintendo with the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Waiting for a proper reveal of the next installment before announcing/releasing a remaster collection

The next ME game isn't coming out for years (if ever) and the remaster is reportedly releasing this year.

That wouldn't make sense, Xbox already has the Mass Effect trilogy with back compat. If EA was going to show it in a console show, Sony would make more sense since their fans are always crying for a Mass Effect remaster.

I don't think BC stuff has much bearing on what titles MS shows, but we'll see.

CatLady

The next ME game isn't coming out for years (if ever) and the remaster is reportedly releasing this year.

I don't think BC stuff has much bearing on what titles MS shows, but we'll see.

I suppose but I'd hate for them to waste time on a remaster we can already play with BC. I'd rather see new games I haven't played, don't already own and can already play on the XsX.

We probably wont have a ID@Xbox showcase in the July event, since they did the summer spotlight.

I really hope what Grubb's saying isn't true, this back-and-forth game MS and Sony are playing is annoying beyond belief.

I desperately hope E3 comes back next year.

I suppose but I'd hate for them to waste time on a remaster we can already play with BC. I'd rather see new games I haven't played, don't already own and can already play on the XsX.

True, I'm just a massive ME fan and would love to see any new content (even if it's just a remaster) related to the franchise.

Last edited:

NullZ3r0

Banned
hvoOpLY.png

Got so hyped and bored that I created a couple of designs for the console box art. I like the one on the left due to its minimalism and simplicity. However, they might also want to show what the box actually looks like.

NullZ3r0

Banned
I don't think they'll have the same box (in size).

857d45e5e9d671a8cdd5768dd8da0a16223db4249844a6786f40f9fd5f396385.png
Based on the latest leaks, MS told employees to hide Lockhart in a Xbox One S shell. Also, Tom Warren's tweet hints that the shape of Lockhart is like a more traditional console.

So based on Microsoft's other products like the Surface, both machines will have a similar design language and ship in similar packaging. I based my design off of the MS Surface packaging. It will slide open from the top like the one you posted, except on the broadside. The console components will be layered in the box. Console at the top with the controller in recessed cardboard and "books n shit" and cables in the second layer.

Also, no MS logo. Microsoft doesn't prominently brand their Xbox stuff with the Microsoft logo. Replace it with the Xbox logo and then Series X or Series S in large prominent font.

I also expect a Project Scarlett all red limited edition for launch.

Last edited:
Not including paddles on the default Xbox Series X controller is a huge miss imo. Xbox has always been known for its multiplayer focus. It would have easily set the console apart from the PS5. In the end I guess doesn't really matter since you can still buy an elite separately. I just remember how big of a deal the N64 was for having 4 controller ports from the get-go. Games like GoldenEye, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. were a dream to play with friends. With how competitive many matchmaking games are these days, would have been cool to not have to go out and buy something separately.

Top Bottom