• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

ZywyPL

Banned

IGN Japan interview with Jeremy Hinton, head of Xbox Asia. Some interesting stuff in there, hinting at new studio acquisitions, xCloud being a major strategy to crack Asia, where and why the Xbox One went wrong (arrogance)

Oh and he was asked about Xbox content coming to other consoles/platforms and the interviewer used that old SonyGAF nugget of Minecraft as an example, which he shot down;

Correct me if Im wrong please, but aren't home consoles pretty much dead in the APAC region? It's either mobile platforms such as smartphones, tablets and Switch, or PC/laptops, qhich generate whole majority of the revenue of the gaming market there, while Playstation and Xbox consoles are almost non-existent. So I think GP/xCloud is what they will mostly try to push there.

4k/120fps on Halo MCC (Campaign and Multiplayer) on Xbox Series X

Edit;

Uay15Zl.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Andodalf

Banned

4k/120fps on Halo MCC (Campaign and Multiplayer) on Xbox Series X

Edit;

Uay15Zl.png

This is absolutely incredible, BUT WHERE IS HALO 5?? I really hope they bring it to MCC PC soon and update the console version when they do. 120 FPS, no more half rate animations, and improved texture quality please.

Halo 5 being the only game not enhanced for SX/S is a huge L

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
MCC update is great. Hopefully they keep iterating on that. The best game on Xbox. Still needs some tweaks and improvements. Halo 1 in particular has a ton of graphics issues.

The Steam connection just seems like it will be a way to find friends who also link thier Steam accounts. Much like how apps on your phone always ask to look through your contact list to match emails/phone numbers with other users. Will be nice for those playing Xbox games on PC via Steam but it is unfortunately not the unified friends list of my dreams.

I’ve not played much Halo for many years now. I’ll enjoy going through the enhanced versions at my leisure when (if?) I get my hands on the Tower of Power. The game selection for launch may not be great in terms of “new” titles, but damn is Microsoft ever doing it’s utmost to make it’s next box a desirable piece of kit. Even without tent pole games at launch MS are painting a masterpiece in terms of how to launch a console.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Was thinking about Game Pass earlier and I wonder how titles Wasteland 3 and The Outer Worlds will be handled since they are published by other companies. I am hoping/assuming the agreement Microsoft reached with the publishers keeps them on Game Pass in perpetuity.

Also the Bethesda deal could add a lot of older titles to Game Pass: Doom/2/64, Wolf 3D, Quake/2/3, Fallout/2/Tactics, etc. Hopefully they add all of Bethesda's back catalog at once rather than trickling games in one or two at a time. Still don't understand why it took them so long to add Forza Motorsport 7.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I haven't even played Halo in 60 frames yet, as I haven't owned an Xbox since 360, but I'm already jealous of those playing in 120 frames. I suppose Halo won't be so bad at 60 frames with HDR, but still.

MDSLKTR

I haven't even played Halo in 60 frames yet, as I haven't owned an Xbox since 360, but I'm already jealous of those playing in 120 frames. I suppose Halo won't be so bad at 60 frames with HDR, but still.
Like Leadbetter would say: 60fps is tranformative, but twice that :messenger_dizzy: I don't think I'm ready for a BR burst at 120hz

I’ve never played, or even seen a game run at 120fps. I now have a TV that can do it. Once I get the SX I need to decide what my first 120fps will be. What is the current tally of games supporting 120fps? Of the top of my head...Dirt 5, Gears MP, and now Halo MCC enhanced....

Andodalf

Banned
:messenger_dizzy: :messenger_dizzy:

That makes sense. 🤪

You are having a hell of a time with it. Hopefully it all works once you get it straightened out.

It's working now! Turning it off let it connect, then I turned the remote setting back on for the xbox and I can game stream now! It works surprisingly well, But I'm getting weird audio issues on the Dash. I tried some halo 5 MP Super Feista and it was almost playable but not really a good way to play. For SP games it's shockingly good.

Arian71

Banned
It might depend on the title. Halo CE remaster, 3, and 4 could probably hit 4k 120 on Xbox one X if the CPU wasn't an issue.
Cant wait for series x to play and get a feel of 120fps on a big screen..
I have ipad pro 2nd gen and just from scrolling web pages or the home screen 120 hz is so fucking smooth.. in fact just now limited motionto 60 hz on ipad is horrible .

So Exo-Mecha's gonna be at launch? Sweet! That was one of the standouts for me at the July event, easily. I kinda crazy concept but more games could do with that (especially Western ones) IMO.

I think that game, Gears 5 (apparently it is using RDNA2 hardware features after all), the Halo MCC update, Falconeer, and Valhalla are going to be the best visual showcases at launch. Apparently Bright Memory Infinite isn't coming until 2021, but Bright Memory 1.0 will be at launch or near launch? I don't know if that's going to get the visual upgrade Infinite was shown to have with RT enabled in the May showcase however.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
So Exo-Mecha's gonna be at launch? Sweet! That was one of the standouts for me at the July event, easily. I kinda crazy concept but more games could do with that (especially Western ones) IMO.
I think he meant Exo One(another next gen only exclusive like The Medium) which is actually Holiday 2020 not launch, ExoMecha is 2021.
Apparently Bright Memory Infinite isn't coming until 2021, but Bright Memory 1.0 will be at launch or near launch? I don't know if that's going to get the visual upgrade Infinite was shown to have with RT enabled in the May showcase however.
Bright Memory 1.0 is a launch title. The first reply to this thread contains all the known release dates with sources(its either linked or provided in the trailer).

Wow. Remote play is actually pretty awesome. Played some Ori and FH4 from my iPad Pro...and if there was any lag it was hardly noticable. This will be great for when my wife is watching “her” shows. I’m wondering if I can play when I’m in the tub. 😀

Noticed a bit of crackly audio in the beginning but it seemed to go away on it’s own.

Another win for MS in what seems like a really good run of stuff leading up to launch. I’m not a “fanboy” and will be getting a PS5 at some point and want it to be awesome....but MS just seems like a different company this time around.

BTW, does anyone know if there is a thread dedicated to those who are getting both consoles (XBX/S, PS5)? And just might feature less fans of one console crapping on the other? My history in gaming is a long one (read my intro post) and I think my favourite times in gaming were when I was playing multiple systems simaltaneously. Genesis/SNES might have been my favourite duo....though NES/Master System was fun too. Assuming that PlayStation will produce up to their accustomed standards and seeing what MS is doing now, I can’t see how this won’t end up being my all time favourite gaming duo.

Great time to be a gamer folks....

DrDamn

BTW, does anyone know if there is a thread dedicated to those who are getting both consoles (XBX/S, PS5)? And just might feature less fans of one console crapping on the other? My history in gaming is a long one (read my intro post) and I think my favourite times in gaming were when I was playing multiple systems simaltaneously. Genesis/SNES might have been my favourite duo....though NES/Master System was fun too. Assuming that PlayStation will produce up to their accustomed standards and seeing what MS is doing now, I can’t see how this won’t end up being my all time favourite gaming duo.

Great time to be a gamer folks....

I doubt you will find a joint thread which doesn't descend into rivalries. Stick with this and the PS5 OT and you should be good.

A little while back it was looking like there wouldn't be much to differentiate the two machines, but the approach to content delivery and how they build their user base is suitably distinct such that you can really enjoy both for what they are. It's going to be a great generation for each camp, and even better for those that enjoy both ☺️

I doubt you will find a joint thread which doesn't descend into rivalries. Stick with this and the PS5 OT and you should be good.

A little while back it was looking like there wouldn't be much to differentiate the two machines, but the approach to content delivery and how they build their user base is suitably distinct such that you can really enjoy both for what they are. It's going to be a great generation for each camp, and even better for those that enjoy both ☺

Seems like prudent advice there. And very good observation that the two ecosystems/approaches being different enough to provide what should be broad experience this generation. A bit nervous about dipping my toe into the PS5 OT since it took me 5 iterations to finally join that club. I may be judged....harshly. 😬

Whos excited for 120fps 4K Halo!

With Crossplay ill happily be able to play Multiplayer on Xbox without the dead servers.

Yes to all that ^^^^. I’m just excited to see what 120fps LOOKS LIKE. Or perhaps rather “feels like”, since I’ve heard it described as having a unique sensation to it.

Hostile_18

Banned
My PS5 (horizontal) and my XBSX will go in the space below (hopefully). If I put my XBSX in vertical it will only have 1.5cm clearance at the top. Normally I'd think that's a super bad idea but because it's open all around it should be ok? Otherwise I'll have to put it vertical on the carpet. Which isnt so bad as it looks like another Subwoofer 😂

gyJDnOI.jpg

DrDamn

My PS5 (horizontal) and my XBSX will go in the space below (hopefully). If I put my XBSX in vertical it will only have 1.5cm clearance at the top. Normally I'd think that's a super bad idea but because it's open all around it should be ok? Otherwise I'll have to put it vertical on the carpet. Which isnt so bad as it looks like another Subwoofer 😂

I'd say vertical on the top shelf may give you enough clearance so it doesn't block the view of the TV? Otherwise go horizontal on the shelf below and have it on the right hand side. I think vertical with 1.5cm clearance or placing on a carpet are not great choices for ensuring good airflow.

Top Bottom