• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Can you give a me a couple of suggestions for SSDs to use with Xbox One X?

Edit: Just clicked your link for OWC mercury , So for $65 I can get a 120gig ssd . Perfect. I would just use it for Skyrim.

WHat size you looking for?

tuco11

WHat size you looking for?
Smallest possible. Will just use it for Skyrim thats all. I am getting a PS5 and will eventaully get Xbox Series X for ESVI. Dont think PS5 will get much love for increased Skyrim load times via backward compat. Huge Skyrim fan but cant justify getting a Xbox Series X just for it at this point. Its either get a small SSD for Xbox one X and mod the shit out of it or see what it runs like on PS5 but with less mods. Btw fan of both systems. Games and $$$ dictate what I get first. Demon's Souls remake looks to good to not get.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Smallest possible. Will just use it for Skyrim thats all. I am getting a PS5 and will eventaully get Xbox Series X for ESVI. Dont think PS5 will get much love for increased Skyrim load times via backward compat. Huge Skyrim fan but cant justify getting a Xbox Series X just for it at this point. Its either get a small SSD for Xbox one X and mod the shit out of it or see what it runs like on PS5 but with less mods. Btw fan of both systems. Games and $$$ dictate what I get first. Demon's Souls remake looks to good to not get.

The smallest size drive you can get for an external drive on Xbox One S/X is 128 GB.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D7VTDNB/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I do not have any experience with anything smaller than a 500 GB. After you format the drive it will be under 128 GB but I would assume it would still work as it meets the requirements but I can't say for certain and dont want to steer you wrong. I would suggest the 256 GB model just to be on the safe side.

Never been more pleased than to have NOT played certain games before....in this instance being Gears 5 and Modern Warfare. I wish I could have waited until I had a XSX to play Forza Horizon 4...but I had a moment of weakness when I saw it in Gamepass.

And just allow me an “All Hail Gamepass!” moment. Since getting my Oled I have just started exploring the depths of the Gamepass library. Almost finished the recent Ori...which is glorious. Dabbling with Outer Worlds, Resident Evil 7, Dishonoured 2....Doom Eternal soon. I know I‘ve seen the phenomenon mentioned here before...but there is such a strong temptation to try to save all this for the 12TF monster.

I need to start developing a strategy to get my hands on one.

The latest DF video has only had the effect of making me want to get one ASAP.

tuco11

The smallest size drive you can get for an external drive on Xbox One S/X is 128 GB.

I do not have any experience with anything smaller than a 500 GB. After you format the drive it will be under 128 GB but I would assume it would still work as it meets the requirements but I can't say for certain and dont want to steer you wrong. I would suggest the 256 GB model just to be on the safe side.

shit I was thinking I would have to spend upwards of $80. You just made my day. I can decrease load time by 70% in Skyrim for about $30. Awesome. thanks.

Andodalf

Banned
So the Xbox app on IOS has been updated for game streaming, I can't link my XOX to the app though. I get stuck at "Turn on your console and sign in with your account". Doing this does nothing.

Greeno

I think that InXile's next game will be a real-time combat Bard's Tale game. The sword combat hiring seems to indicate so.

Andodalf

Banned
So the Xbox app on IOS has been updated for game streaming, I can't link my XOX to the app though. I get stuck at "Turn on your console and sign in with your account". Doing this does nothing.

A quick google says this has been going on for years and there's nothing you can do to fix it but pray.

Nice.

Xbox One needs to be 250GB at least.
Don't think Series X|S is less

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Xbox One needs to be 250GB at least.
Don't think Series X|S is less

3lkUroM.png

Kagey K

Banned
A quick google says this has been going on for years and there's nothing you can do to fix it but pray.

Nice.
Did you go into the settings on your Xbox and test your network for game streaming? I think you have to do that before it will connect.

Last edited:
Like I said in the other thread, you have been able to link your steam account in the PC Xbox app for a long time, it means nothing. You can also link your twitch, facebook, twitter, discord, and reddit accounts to your xbox account.

Open the xbox app on your pc right now and go to settings and you can see it.

Microsoft buying almost all social media? SonyGAF preferred Instagram anyway.

RPS37

So i managed to get streaming working on my iPhone.
Had to hard reboot and keep re enabling.
Then I found out I had to have a Bluetooth controller connected to the phone in order to control it. No on screen controls like PS4 remote play. :/
Can’t figure out how to get it working on iPad. Is it not the regular Xbox app?

MrFunSocks

Banned
Then I found out I had to have a Bluetooth controller connected to the phone in order to control it. No on screen controls like PS4 remote play. :/
No it's through the game pass app.

Kagey K

Banned
Touch controls are coming, they are still testing them right now. iPad app hasn’t updated yet, (at least for me.)

IGN Japan interview with Jeremy Hinton, head of Xbox Asia. Some interesting stuff in there, hinting at new studio acquisitions, xCloud being a major strategy to crack Asia, where and why the Xbox One went wrong (arrogance)

Oh and he was asked about Xbox content coming to other consoles/platforms and the interviewer used that old SonyGAF nugget of Minecraft as an example, which he shot down;

Minecraft" is a little special case, and I think it should be considered separately from the platform called Xbox. The idea is that "Minecraft" is itself a platform. It's also used in educational institutions, and by the time we acquired Mojang, it was already on various platforms. "Minecraft" is a unique platform, and it is a sample of how to create a community, and in the TGS presentation, we showed a video focusing on the "Minecraft" community. Xbox has a slightly different idea from "Minecraft". Since Game Streaming and Game Pass are already compatible with mobiles and PCs, I feel that there is not much need to support other devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated the Xbox app on my phone and they have removed achievements and the store which I used to see what’s coming soon and so on :/ hopefully they are put back in

Jemm

Updated the Xbox app on my phone and they have removed achievements and the store which I used to see what’s coming soon and so on :/ hopefully they are put back in
On Twitter somebody asked about the achievements and they replied that they are underway and that he can't tell more...

Maybe there are some new features coming to the achievements and they will be revealed later and added to the app?

On Twitter somebody asked about the achievements and they replied that they are underway and that he can't tell more...

Maybe there are some new features coming to the achievements and they will be revealed later and added to the app?

Yeah that would be great. From being in the insider program since launch there has been some really good ideas/feedback for achievements but nothing has happened yet. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Found the thread:

Hopefully what you say is right , I dunno, they have a habit of removing things and putting them back in, still shouldn’t of took them away in the first place imo. I know it’s not a big deal it just irks me the stuff they do at times.

Jemm

Hopefully what you say is right , I dunno, they have a habit of removing things and putting them back in, still shouldn’t of took them away in the first place imo. I know it’s not a big deal it just irks me the stuff they do at times.
It's probable ("the brand-new") that they have coded it again from the scratch and it takes time to add back all the features.

It's probable ("the brand-new") that they have coded it again from the scratch and it takes time to add back all the features.

Yeah that’s what I’m hoping for mate. I know separate DLC lists like on PSN have been requested for years, stuff like that.

Top Bottom