• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Doncabesa

I think @dark10x is more referring to auto HDR or something we don’t know about yet with BC games, just due to how the guy he was replying to says “improve all their games out of the box.”

Im not sure if that external SSD has stuff preinstalled on it or if they are allowed to access all their account on that test box.
every game should run at a locked framerate if it had one, at 60 if it was unlocked by default just with the hardware improvements alone. We've already seen the much faster loading, and yeah auto hdr will be awesome. This of course doesn't mention just how many BC games may/may not be enhanced for x/s now.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
t1600948800z4.png

Last edited:
I was thinking earlier and I’ve never seen it addressed.

Is the series X going to be a different set of home consoles? I gameshare with my gf and so the XB1X in the bedroom is my home console and the one in my game room I need to be online.

When I do this with my Series X is it going to take home off my 1X or am I going to be able to put that in the living room so the kids have access to all those games?

I only thought of this because they said the dash is going to be the same and I don’t know how they are going to split my home Xbox between the 1 and the Series.
I think hardware is tied to user. You just set one console as the home console of the other user, the other console as home console for you. criss-cross

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I was thinking earlier and I’ve never seen it addressed.

Is the series X going to be a different set of home consoles? I gameshare with my gf and so the XB1X in the bedroom is my home console and the one in my game room I need to be online.

When I do this with my Series X is it going to take home off my 1X or am I going to be able to put that in the living room so the kids have access to all those games?

I only thought of this because they said the dash is going to be the same and I don’t know how they are going to split my home Xbox between the 1 and the Series.

Its account based so whatever console is your home machine will be tied to that account.

Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Do we know if the XsX has a internal or external power supply ?
Back in March Digital Foundry and Austin Evans got a prototype unit.
But it's the nature of the internals that fascinates me most. Series X actually has two mainboards, one for the main processor, its 320-bit memory interface and 10 modules of GDDR6 memory. These are mounted either side of a solid piece of aluminium. A weighty heatsink comprised of a copper vapour chamber and aluminium heat sink then strap onto the SoC. Other major components such as the power supply and 4K UHD Blu-ray fit into place before the axial fan (complete with its Master Chief Easter Egg on the side) sits on top. The whole arrangement then slides into the case and the rear panel is attached.

At 1:32.

Last edited:

Mmnow

This blows my mind. Its hard to guess why this is without figures - maybe they kept units low in Japan - but that there's even that much demand for Xbox over there at least shows that they're doing something right with their messaging. Chalk and cheese with seven years ago.

This is without Xcloud being available as well, which I think will be the game hcanger over there.

Today Asia, tomorrow Finland.

South Korea Xbox Series S/X pre-order sold out in less than three minutes, staggered over three days

xCloud cited as a huge factor

Plus MS had an aggressive advertisement strategy there too;

Last edited by a moderator:
South Korea Xbox Series S/X pre-order sold out in less than three minutes, staggered over three days

xCloud cited as a huge factor

Plus MS had an aggressive advertisement strategy there too;

I welcome our Korean xbros to nextgen.
But Korean xbros, go tell samsung to make a 120fps panel with DolbyVision FFS!!

ZehDon

Gold Member
There were bots to pick Xbox Series X pre orders so that they could be sold later. Unfortunately they picked up Xbox One X instead.
Got a source for this one?

Hot damn. I really hope it gets some XSX day-one enhancements.

Bernkastel

Got a source for this one?
At the end
And besides, the Xbox One X’s big day might have an alternate explanation that would be sweet justice for those who felt that Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 preorders were snapped up impossibly quickly: perhaps all of these Xbox One X consoles were bought by misinformed bots.

If that’s the case, enjoy your discontinued console, bots.

Last edited:
Top Bottom