• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Roberts

A great selection of free games this weekend. Tried out Dolmen and Thymesia - both From Software ripoffs. Dolmen was shat on when it came out and I kind of understand it - controls are not very good, but I might buy it just so that I can play one more soulslike. Thymesia is a lot better. Nice combat, a bit faster than usual - more Sekiro than Dark Souls. And despite being a shameless ripoff, does a few things on its own. Mind you, I obly played both games for an hour or so. Graphically they are average, but not butt ugly.

mxbison

XSX:

Is there any way to go into sleep mode (download games while console is off) without changing the setting in power options?

So usually I want to turn off the console completely but when I'm downloading I want sleep mode. But there is only on shutdown option in the menu.

reksveks

XSX:

Is there any way to go into sleep mode (download games while console is off) without changing the setting in power options?

So usually I want to turn off the console completely but when I'm downloading I want sleep mode. But there is only on shutdown option in the menu.
Sadly not afaik, energy saver mode might be helpful but I still think it doesn't download full games (does download updates).

I do wonder if there is anything you can do with the custom mapping of buttons.

Edit: as far as I can tell, it doesn't seem so.

Last edited:
XSX:

I use the Energy Saver mode and if I start a download manually then turn the Xbox Series X off, it'll continue to download.

feynoob

Banned
Starfield delay truly sucks. I could have been ready for an epic adventure this november.

Especially the music. Its a great for exploration.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Praetorians is still free on Xbox. Not sure how it translates to console, but this was a decent strategy game on PC.

MadPanda

Banned
My console got updated last night and now energy saving mode feels like Instant on how fast it boots up. I had to check twice to make sure I was really using energy saving as I was surprised by its speed. Good job Microsoft.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Does MS understand what they are doing?

Terrible idea, hope it dies in the concept phase lol. The negative threads about Xbox can get insufferable here as it is, imagine if this option gets 'released'.

My console got updated last night and now energy saving mode feels like Instant on how fast it boots up. I had to check twice to make sure I was really using energy saving as I was surprised by its speed. Good job Microsoft.

Yep, they made the boot up faster in general a few months back for alpha skip and rolled out the update for everyone a little while ago. Cold boot is just a second or two slower than booting up from stand by now.

Last edited:

adamsapple

VGC editor was todays guest in the Grubb show and he says multiple times at the start and end of the episode that he (and other journalists) are going to Microsoft for something this Friday.

Seems like there may be a preview event for some of their upcoming games happening this week.

Maybe some Starfield, Redfall etc news and/or release dates come out of it.

DaGwaphics

I don't see the problem.

It will just create fodder where people will benchmark this against the PS5 and spread fud about that being the normal performance profile. How much electric could that really save anyway, MS is already ahead of the competition when it comes to peak wattage used.

feynoob

Banned

VGC editor was todays guest in the Grubb show and he says multiple times at the start and end of the episode that he (and other journalists) are going to Microsoft for something this Friday.

Seems like there may be a preview event for some of their upcoming games happening this week.

Maybe some Starfield, Redfall etc news and/or release dates come out of it.

GOTy showcase is coming soon. Maybe we would get some trailers for their upcoming games.
I am curious if they would share some other secret games.

feynoob

Banned
It seems gears franchise sold 40m copies until now.
With over 40 million copies sold, Gears of War is one of gaming’s richest and most acclaimed sagas. A society divided and on the brink of collapse faces total extinction by the Locust, a monstrous threat from below. Delta Squad, a ragtag fireteam led by disgraced sergeant Marcus Fenix, is now charged with leading humanity’s last stand. The series has been critically acclaimed for redefining the tactical third-person and co-operative shooter genre and has one of gaming’s most passionate fanbases.

elliot5

30 fps, 1080p just to save power.
i mean if it's just an option and someone chose to do that, then all the power to them. Would be nice to be able to install the Series S version as an alternative like that but more "official".

I think the ability to basically cap the fps to 1 when AFK is smart, too. It's similar to what Apple does with their variable refresh screen to save on battery

adamsapple

It seems gears franchise sold 40m copies until now.

That's a pretty decent average for 5 numbered games + 1 remake, 1 gaiden and 1 tactics spin off.

Average of 5m copy each (but I doubt Judgment or Tactics came anywhere near that).

kuncol02

Banned
It will just create fodder where people will benchmark this against the PS5 and spread fud about that being the normal performance profile. How much electric could that really save anyway, MS is already ahead of the competition when it comes to peak wattage used.
That's good. It will be easier to spot trolls and put them on ignore list. I only feel sorry for mods who would need to sort that crap.

What is inexile has in work?

aside of PR mouth piece, it seems they are having an interesting project in the work.

People are sleeping on inXille but IMO Wasteland 3 was easily in top 5 games of previous generation and one of best (if not best) RPGs in decade.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

When factoring in all of the exclusives that the PlayStation 5 and Switch, the Xbox Series X/S feels kind of...barren in comparison. Nevertheless, there have been some standouts and Game Pass has helped provide a platform for several excellent games that would have otherwise gone unplayed.

Let's take a look at 30 of the best Xbox Series X/S titles of all time, to date.

Top Bottom