• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

splattered

Which TV did you get? I picked up the newest TCL 55" 6 series because it was the cheapest option... only does 120 1440p though. That being said, the TV looks REALLY good. Like way better than i expected it to. Once new TVs come out next year though if they fully adopt HDMI 2.1 then i'll prob gift the one i bought last week to my son and get new ones for 120 4k for my wife and i :p

Gerdav

I’ll give that a try later.
Which TV did you get? I picked up the newest TCL 55" 6 series because it was the cheapest option... only does 120 1440p though. That being said, the TV looks REALLY good. Like way better than i expected it to. Once new TVs come out next year though if they fully adopt HDMI 2.1 then i'll prob gift the one i bought last week to my son and get new ones for 120 4k for my wife and i :p
It’s a Samsung QLED q80a, I just finished setting it all up and of course bloody Sky internet is now seemingly having a U.K. wide internet outage as of 2pm according to downdetector, so I’m currently twiddling my thumbs waiting for that to resolve as Gears was in the middle of a update and I’ll need to re download Ori as well.

Last edited:

catvonpee

I am getting a new TV delivered today which does 4K 120fps, any recommendations on what games to try out first, that will really showcase 120fps.
These are all the games that are Series X optimized. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/optimized

I can second or third the Doom Eternal recommendations. My favorite game on the list is Zombie Army 4. Ori is pretty great too.

I hope you enjoy your new TV..

reksveks

Didn't think Last Stop would be my next game after Deaths Door but not feeling Ascent or Cris Tale.

The fact I can play a 20 minute chapter and feel like I have made progress is working on me.

I think I might go to Doki Doki next.

Last edited:

splattered

So i went ahead and preordered Battlefield 2042 Ultimate cause... why not? I checked my ready to install section on SX and there are two tiles that look identical??? Usually one will say the S|X if it is the enhanced version, but neither of them say it? I went ahead and installed both for now but wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to figure out which one is NOT needed so i can remove it?

Also going to preorder Back 4 Blood Ultimate today :D

This fall is starting to look FUN.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

So i went ahead and preordered Battlefield 2042 Ultimate cause... why not? I checked my ready to install section on SX and there are two tiles that look identical??? Usually one will say the S|X if it is the enhanced version, but neither of them say it? I went ahead and installed both for now but wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to figure out which one is NOT needed so i can remove it?

Might be for the beta. Myself I preordered too and didn't get any tiles...

elliot5

But B4B is gonna be on GP ;)

cormack12

Gold Member
I have two open beta codes for B4B open beta, prefer they go to people from the Xbox OT - just reply and say which one you took if possible so we know they are gone

SEGA_2012

Hey guys, Gears 5 is having an event :messenger_beaming: if you are looking for a chance to improve your favorite class, get some achievement or get some levels, now it is the chance :messenger_winking::pie_raybans:

Forsythia

I have two open beta codes for B4B open beta, prefer they go to people from the Xbox OT - just reply and say which one you took if possible so we know they are gone

Thanks, claimed the second code!

Deaths Door is brilliant, can’t stop playing it, I’m trying to finish Mass Effect LE & Scarlet Nexus but this has totally taken over. Superb stuff. Hope it does well for the devs.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

“Night Mode has now been added as a new feature in Settings! Users can now dim and filter their screen, as well as dim their console & controller LED brightness,” the patch notes for the latest Xbox Insider update said. “Please note that localization is still pending, so the feature is currently only available in English.”

Been playing Dirt 5 on my LG C1 and decided to try the high framerate option. Honestly, at least for Dirt 5, I cannot tell a difference between 60 and 120 modes (or at least it's extremely little difference). Has anyone else tried out the performance modes in Dirt 5? From what I've read, the difference going from 60 to 120 on an LCD is greater than OLED. Probably down to how fast OLED response rate is but I digress. Maybe Call of Duty shows off the difference better? Don't feel like downloading that to find out. Thoughts?

elliot5

Been playing Dirt 5 on my LG C1 and decided to try the high framerate option. Honestly, at least for Dirt 5, I cannot tell a difference between 60 and 120 modes (or at least it's extremely little difference). Has anyone else tried out the performance modes in Dirt 5? From what I've read, the difference going from 60 to 120 on an LCD is greater than OLED. Probably down to how fast OLED response rate is but I digress. Maybe Call of Duty shows off the difference better? Don't feel like downloading that to find out. Thoughts?
Download some 120 hz boosted first person shooter game off game pass to test

Gerdav

I got a new a Samsung QLED last week and was trying out 120 modes, Dirt I actually felt the same as you, I could tell a difference but it wasn’t as noticeable as I was expecting, I simply cannot be bothered either to re download COD as of now, Gears 5 multiplayer felt pretty nice but I am not really a Gears MP guy, Ori is definitely a game to try as well as Doom Eternal, bit to fair I am pretty much just repeating suggestions that were made to me right here last week.

Last edited:

nikolino840

BGFDcAV.jpg

The twitter profile pic of xbox...gears?

Jebron

Anyone in the mountain/central time zone play Destiny 2 or any other shooters (usually Apex, CoD, BF, etc.) have a clan or group looking for new members? I've largely been a solo gamer for many years, but would love to find a group of people to play regularly with. I'm mid-30's and a father, so I usually play in the evenings for a few hours and a little on the weekends.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Just noticed they added xCloud to the GP PC app("Xbox" App). Seems to be much more stable now, I'm not getting the audio glitches in FH4 I was getting before. Image quality looks better in The Ascent compared to just running through the browser a week ago when I tried it on PC. xCloud is the perfect way to try out a bunch of Game Pass games without having to install them.

reksveks

Nice game this.

But I came here to post about it having to be installed on the internal ssd, only 4gb but still surely this could be run of the external hdd or is it X/S only.
Started it on xcloud partially cause i didn't have any space on my series s, but it did look good.

Naked Lunch

Anyone have any problems with external HDD disconnecting at random on Series X?
Im using a brand new official Xbox Seagate 4TB HDD for all backwards compatible stuff and its been randomly disconnecting like crazy. It kicks you out of games if youre playing. I even got kicked out of a game that was installed on internal for some reason when the message popped.
I saw a couple posts on reddit about this too. I wonder if microsoft is looking into it.

I tried different ports, full shutdowns, unplugging stuff, tried different wall outlets and even different surge protectors. The only solution I know is just to not use the external HDD.

Last edited:

Gerdav

Anyone have any problems with external HDD disconnecting at random on Series X?
Im using a brand new official Xbox Seagate 4TB HDD for all backwards compatible stuff and its been randomly disconnecting like crazy. It kicks you out of games if youre playing. I even got kicked out of a game that was installed on internal for some reason when the message popped.
I saw a couple posts on reddit about this too. I wonder if microsoft is looking into it.

I tried different ports, full shutdowns, unplugging stuff, tried different wall outlets and even different surge protectors. The only solution I know is just to not use the external HDD.

I have the same Seagate 4TB HDD attached since launch day as you for back compatibility games, I have never had the issues you are experiencing, once say every 4-6 weeks’ish when I turn my console on it won’t show up and I have to faff around unplugging, turning the console off and back on etc, it’s maybe worth noting in case it makes a difference, I always keep the Series X in energy saving mode, never instant on.

Top Bottom