• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Banjo64

cumsessed
zsam3ka01b471.png

15th June?? Oh shiiiiit

dem

I appreciate Flight Simulator technically...

but god damn is it a snooze.

Give me some hype shit, Microsoft.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Man I am so hyped for Avowed. Sorry to gush but New Vegas is an all time classic and the trailer, whilst only using cinematics, just gets me hyped as fuck.

The voice over guy, high fantasy setting; ‘is an oath, worth the weight of a crown?’ It just gives me goosebumps every time.

I just known Obsidian will deliver with this, it reminds me of seeing the Lord of the Rings FOTR or Skyrim Dragonborn trailer for the first time.

Elias

Nice. Very nice. Series X blades for streaming within a the coming weeks. Game streaming coming out of beta for PC. Game streaming coming to the console UI. Game streaming being integrated into smart TVs and possibly a streaming stick. A commitment to stay in the console making business, as well as create more subscription tiers for game streaming. More acquisitions and a promise of AAA game every quarter within the coming years!

It's gonna be great.

DaGwaphics

Nice. Very nice. Series X blades for streaming within a the coming weeks. Game streaming coming out of beta for PC. Game streaming coming to the console UI. Game streaming being integrated into smart TVs and possibly a streaming stick. A commitment to stay in the console making business, as well as create more subscription tiers for game streaming. More acquisitions and a promise of AAA game every quarter within the coming years!

It's gonna be great.

It's a great time to be an Xbox gamer for sure!

I've heard that MS won't bother to make AAA games for GP, because reasons, so that's good to hear those mentioned. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Who else has signed up for the virtual watching party thing for the 13th?

elliot5

It's a great time to be an Xbox gamer for sure!

I've heard that MS won't bother to make AAA games for GP, because reasons, so that's good to hear those mentioned. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Who else has signed up for the virtual watching party thing for the 13th?
Fanfest? I have. I probably will watch LIRIKs stream or something like that though

elliot5

Anyone have a Cloud beta invite they don’t need?
my friend is on pc and we really want to play Halo campaign together.
You don't get any code or sign up link. It's just a privilege granted to your Microsoft account that's subbed to GPU. I don't think anyone's gonna offer up their Xbox account lol. It'll be leaving the invite system soon enough though according to their posts yesterday (coming weeks).

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Uncle Phil has done a really good job at keeping Ole Aaron Greenburgs trap shut in the build up to E3. They finally have learned to not overhype. So many times in the past MS's marketing team would be spouting nonsense hype left and right to end up leaving us feeling underwhelmed. Their silence actually makes me believe they have the goods to show this year.

Wait... did I just reverse hype myself?

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Anyone have a Cloud beta invite they don’t need?
my friend is on pc and we really want to play Halo campaign together.

Be sure to check the junk folder for the email associated with your GPU account. I almost missed my invite. It's a solid service for most titles in single player mode, in multi-player it depends on the genre, anything twitch and you'll never compete with non-streaming players.

In regards to the point that Brad Sams was making about whether or not users would opt-in to GPU just for streaming, I honestly think the service is good enough to support that right now. And it will just get better in the future. They'd probably have to target new customers directly for that though, maybe bundle a controller and GPU trial with value priced OEM laptops or TVs. The streaming stick could help things in this area as well.

After today, I think Xbox's show would have to be earth-shatteringly terrible to not automatically win this entire E3. It's been pretty fucking bad so far.
I'm super excited but also nervous. I thought Microsoft was going to kill it last year and we ended up with Craig dominating this board for months.

Personally for me last year's show was disappointing. I'm somehow hoping to get another E3 2006 in terms of games and feel. I still remember the first time I saw Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect 1, haven't felt that way about gaming since then. Come Phil bring me that fire back.

Kagey K

Banned
I'm super excited but also nervous. I thought Microsoft was going to kill it last year and we ended up with Craig dominating this board for months.

Personally for me last year's show was disappointing. I'm somehow hoping to get another E3 2006 in terms of games and feel. I still remember the first time I saw Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect 1, haven't felt that way about gaming since then. Come Phil bring me that fire back.
I thought the Halo gameplay was fine last year, 343 fucked up the screenshots and ppl pour over every frame.

You never see Craig in the gameplay only when you catch that 1 frame does it become a thing.

At 60 fps nobody except the worst on the internet would have even caught it.

If it looks better now though that's a win for everybody.

reksveks

Anyone else notice the new splash screen when you do remote play?

I am siding on liking it. Come on give me my dream of remote playing straight into my suspended game.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I thought the Halo gameplay was fine last year, 343 fucked up the screenshots and ppl pour over every frame.

You never see Craig in the gameplay only when you catch that 1 frame does it become a thing.

At 60 fps nobody except the worst on the internet would have even caught it.

If it looks better now though that's a win for everybody.
I enjoyed it in real time and thought the reaction was way OTT. That said, the level of pop in was unacceptable from obvious greenery to the distant trees and mountains. You didn’t need to watch it slow motion to notice it. The Craig thing though yeah that’s just a meme as far as I’m concerned, since when have brutes and grunts looked amazing in Halo and even Bungie’s Halo had moments you could freeze frame for pure hilarity. The beauty of Halo is that you can splatter someone with a traffic cone from across the map, not the shiny graphics.

I thought the show was fine, would've liked to see a greater first party presence but they did the best with what they had I guess. Thought the way they showed things off was a lot better than last year and the axing of the "SUPER WORLD EXCLUSIVE PREMIER!!!" guy made it 100x less obnoxious.

Was very happy to see Outer Worlds 2 is a thing and Halo Infinite does look better graphically, although I really want to see more of it soon. I honestly think the game I'm most interested in as of right now is Starfield. If it's anything like those concept arts, it's gonna be right up my alley.

b0uncyfr0

Guys, a quick question about a Series X Console. I'm on the verge of grabbing one in the next few hours (GP got me excited).

Im lkn at a series x right now and the owner says his previous console was sent back to MS for repairs. He states he got one back, and it was a brand new console. Is that normally what happens??

Quote from the seller: 'It’s a new console with a service sticker when it was serviced'.

A service sticker to me would indicate it's the same console but refurbished.. or am i wrong.. ?

Bridges

Guys, a quick question about a Series X Console. I'm on the verge of grabbing one in the next few hours (GP got me excited).

Im lkn at a series x right now and the owner says his previous console was sent back to MS for repairs. He states he got one back, and it was a brand new console. Is that normally what happens??

Quote from the seller: 'It’s a new console with a service sticker when it was serviced'.

A service sticker to me would indicate it's the same console but refurbished.. or am i wrong.. ?
I sent my original Xbox One in for repairs years and years ago and was definitely given the same one back, so this isn't always what happens, it might depend on whether or not they're actually able to fix the issue on your hardware, if not they may just send another working one.

IDappa

It seems a strong showing from Microsoft has made it fairly easy to pick out the people on the board that disregard everything that isn't their favourite conglomerate.

I've seen excuses that don't make much sense and a few people dodging rebuttals or conversations all together. My question is do these people just not like games ?.

Kagey K

Banned
It seems a strong showing from Microsoft has made it fairly easy to pick out the people on the board that disregard everything that isn't their favourite conglomerate.

I've seen excuses that don't make much sense and a few people dodging rebuttals or conversations all together. My question is do these people just not like games ?.
They like one type of game and only if it's it the system they own. :messenger_winking:

Some more of the shit round here has been banned, like The Hamburglar, so it's kind of worth it in a way.

TBiddy

I think it's sad to see them get banned really. Some of them were active users and also capable of having "normal" conversations, but these childish wars really need to stop. I'm glad the mods are stepping attempting to normalize the discussions.

I think e3 convinced me to get a series x. Stock is still constrained and most of the games I want to play are some ways off. What are the chances well see some new shell colors around holiday 2021? I think go for a whole series x.

Top Bottom