• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Roberts

I didn't realize Octopath was up until this morning as they never sent the alert I set. Looks fucking awesome, though. Love that 16/32-bit style with the modern engine effects and real voice over. I played the opening with Ophelia a bit, but I'll wait until I have a couple hours free to really dig in.
I don’t really get the appeal of these games, to be honest. I‘m really trying to see what fans of the genre see in them, but I always fail. I find them incredible dull, including Octopath Traveller. I chose one character and what proceeded was an incredibly slow, repetitive and overlong conversation that made my mind drift away until I fell asleep with a controller in my hands. And it happens pretty much with every JRPG I load up for the first time. I guess I just need to give up on them.

cormack12

Gold Member
Does anyone think the sticks on the controller are well sensitive? I notice it on gta v the most and tomb raider (2013), specifically where small adjustments are need to be made like this

Its so hard, I've got the latest updates and controller firmware but a tiny movement sends the direction skidding off loads.

JLB

Banned
Just finished The Outer Worlds, such an amazing game. Im an Obsidian fan, but started playing it on x1x and the framerrate at 30 and low res was too much for me. On SX with 60fps and prob close to 4k all the time (plus autohdr works so well here) makes it to another level.
Yesterday started The Evil Within, amazing first hour so far, though Im getting too scared, to a level im not enjoying it. Ptobably will try The Medium and the see if I can continue with this.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Tetris Effect is another Game Pass game you can use with your VR headset. Worked fine via Virtual Desktop on Quest 2 headset, with the exception of the VR controls(it has support for "motion controls"). No biggie, it plays just fine on a Xbox One controller. I did have to go into settings and turn the resolution and effects quality way up. Once the game gets going it's pretty trippy in VR.

You'll get a similar launcher as No Man's Sky when launching from Game Pass app...
hJAQUmi.jpg

I'll have to try it tethered using the Oculus Win10 app to see if VR controls work that way. *EDIT* They do. **EDIT** Looking at the SteamVR app in the pic maybe it didn't recognize the controllers for some reason.

Made a little video. It recorded in 720p for some reason, so it doesn't look as sharp as real gameplay. You can zoom in and out, and look around the level. The particle effect scenery is cool, there's a real sense of depth when they're swimming around.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

I don’t really get the appeal of these games, to be honest. I‘m really trying to see what fans of the genre see in them, but I always fail. I find them incredible dull, including Octopath Traveller. I chose one character and what proceeded was an incredibly slow, repetitive and overlong conversation that made my mind drift away until I fell asleep with a controller in my hands. And it happens pretty much with every JRPG I load up for the first time. I guess I just need to give up on them.
It’s a fair opinion but yeah, if you don’t like reading text then JRPGs might not be for you.

I started Octopath Traveller and it’s clearly a slow game but I really love the soundtrack and the 2D-3D effect is just lovely, so many small nods to SNES games like FF6 or Secret of Mana.

I can understand what @Rubberwald is talking about with Octopath T. Early on I think my enjoyment was centred around the nostalgia of the pixel art...but I have to admit I’ve kept playing it and now have all of the characters and am feeling addicted to the rhythm of the game and I fear that I will end up playing it until completion. There is something kind of relaxing in the methodical repetition of the turn based battles.

But clearly my RPG preference is now firmly skewed towards the western RPG styles. Avowed, Fable and Elder Scrolls 6 inject those things right into my veins. I‘m hoping we get some gameplay from Avowed at the very least sometime this year.

Roberts

It’s a fair opinion but yeah, if you don’t like reading text then JRPGs might not be for you.

I started Octopath Traveller and it’s clearly a slow game but I really love the soundtrack and the 2D-3D effect is just lovely, so many small nods to SNES games like FF6 or Secret of Mana.
I probably sounded way too harsh, because it is such a subjective quibble. The thing is that I don’t mind reading a lot of text - I’m playing PoE2: Deadfire and it has way more text. But, yes, the visuals in OT are very neat and probably the main reason why I was hoping to connect with it. Will give it another chance.

Dane

I was wondering "Man, they should give stuff to Vtubers to promote the brand, it would work"

Guess what, they did it, Shishiro Botan just had a livestream talking about Game Pass

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I was wondering "Man, they should give stuff to Vtubers to promote the brand, it would work"

Guess what, they did it, Shishiro Botan just had a livestream talking about Game Pass

A lot of view, for 5 hour ago stream. It's weird that people watching this, but hey not my cup of tea.

DaGwaphics

With today's news about the PS stores, I think we should take the time to appreciate again how well MS is doing with their BC program. It's not perfect, and there's still games missing, but at least they seem to give a fuck about it... unlike Sony (and Nintendo).

And best of all they aren't forcing the digital versions, those games that you found in a box at a yard sale could still work if they are in the BC library. That's not something the other players ever touch (all about reselling the games for them).

I’m in the fortunate position to be able to afford such things. But as with my LG CX purchase (and to a lesser extent the Series X), there is that little voice in my head telling me that part of the reason I’m in this position was that I largely avoided such purchases for a span of years and saved and invested instead. So, what I’m saying is that I’m conflicted. The thing is I’ve never been so jazzed about gaming as I am right now so I expect these premium headphones to soon join my premium console and premium gaming screen. YOLO right?

And yeah, it’s pretty much official that I’m now addicted to Octopath Traveller....though Sea of Thieves still serves as a regular palate cleanser. Reached Pirate Legend status a few weeks ago but unfortunately that didn’t magically cure my mediocre PvP skills. But damn do I (and my ship) look GOOOOOOD in the Legendary gear.

Elias

Pretty big news. Xcloud just got a whole lot better.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned

Pretty big news. Xcloud just got a whole lot better.
Sweet, I was frustrated when I first tried Xcloud and there were a few games I wanted to play but couldn't.

splattered

So should we just delete Anthem off our hard drives at this point to save space? Sad i never even played it and i bought the expensive ass version... i thought the demo was a lot of fun :(

Kagey K

Banned
So should we just delete Anthem off our hard drives at this point to save space? Sad i never even played it and i bought the expensive ass version... i thought the demo was a lot of fun :(
I played through the story and some endgame stuff, and it was fun but the endgame was utterly pointless.

Deleted it the other week after the cancellation of 2.0.

You should try to play through the quests for fun before deleting it.

Andodalf

Banned
Every time they say something about Backward compatability there's that little part of my soul that jumps in hope that maybe they've started adding new titles again.

... or have given Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon the 4k treatment.

But alas, no. Every single time.

E3

New Games

New Enhancements

Big PP

Guys please vote for XBOX, come on we can do it !! 💚

Well, Xbox took the victory. And what another great bit of Xbox marketing - the turnaround of the Xbox brand continues my friends. But something tells me that getting one of these mini fridges will be as hard as getting a Series X. I’m going to try to get one when they are available but I don’t hold out much hope they will be available in Canada.

silentstorm

Tried Neon Abyss since i love roguelites and it has good reviews...i don't think i get the love, it's fun for like 5 minutes but it's way too easy and too many items are similar for my tastes, you also tend to not really need to change weapons.

Missing part of the fun which is experimenting and having many crazy options in roguelites and the way things get tense when you get something bad but just try to deal with it, Neon Abyss has things being too OK or similar, the enemies and places are also kinda generic, and for a quite easy game, it still can get too visually distracting with way too many enemies and things on the screen.

I don't die that often, but it seems to be when the screen has a 1000 things going on, i kinda get what they were going for...but people wanting a roguelite should just stick with Streets Of Rogue, Wizard Of Legend and the quite obvious Enter The Gungeon instead.

dem

My Series X controller developed a sticky right trigger. Pretty annoying. I barely even play.

I took off the cover on that side of the controller and the rubber pad that dampens the trigger was worn off. Cleaned it up and put some duct tape in there to quiet it a bit. Without the tape it was annoyingly loud.

Last edited:

LokusAbriss

My Series X controller developed a sticky right trigger. Pretty annoying. I barely even play.

I took off the cover on that side of the controller and the rubber pad that dampens the trigger was worn off. Cleaned it up and put some duct tape in there to quiet it a bit. Without the tape it was annoyingly loud.
Ist there a way to make the d-pad and the other buttons quiet? This controller is so loud.

Last edited:
Random question but my GamePass is about to run out so I was going to do the XBL -> GPU conversion. There is a cheap Turkish code for $32 I can buy, anyone know if this will work on US accounts?

Banjo64

cumsessed
I think Microsoft should be making all of their announcements on Friday, just so we can get the full weekend of salt. It's a blast to see all the raging fanboys meltdown
If they make another Zeni style purchase soon I fear for some people on here. Genuinely. Personally I hope they acquire SEGA and then wrap it up for publisher purchases and just look at small investments after that, like if Moon wanted to sell a 51% stake (unlikely I know).

Kagey K

Banned
If they make another Zeni style purchase soon I fear for some people on here. Genuinely. Personally I hope they acquire SEGA and then wrap it up for publisher purchases and just look at small investments after that, like if Moon wanted to sell a 51% stake (unlikely I know).
They don't even need to acquire them. Just announce all the Persona Games are coming to gamepass and the next one will be day and date on Gamepass and people are likely to explode.

FF7R Series X version on Gamepass same day as PS5 release might also do the trick.

We should get a look at what the 1st half of April looks like for Gamepass tomorrow also.

Top Bottom