• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

NullZ3r0

Banned
hi_campaign_warthog_4k-b68408218db34ea496717d440953ba37.png

Dirt 5 is pretty fun. I’d probably appreciate it more if not for my extended time in recent months with probably the best racing game I’ve ever played, Forza Horizon 4. But it’s going to be a very enjoyable part of Game Pass as long as it remains on the service.

Love seeing the positive reactions to the new Halo images. And to think they have 6 more months to polish this thing up. I’ve been meaning to give the MCC a play through at some point before Infinite releases. Considering that I don’t game much during the Summer, and Flight Sim will likely dominate my time during the early Fall....I better get on that soon. Would really help if I could put down the Sea of Thieves. Perhaps once I become a Pirate Legend....which is so close now.

Fredrik

Okay I need to get this off my chest...
I’m really starting to dislike that the new consoles even launched last year.
Like what’s even going on? Where are the games?? Where are the news about games?! Are they seriously considering holding off from showing any big news until E3 after having basically nothing on the console for almost half a year?!?
I need something to keep my interest up! Anything!

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Like what’s even going in? Where are the games?? Where are the news about games?! Are they seriously considering holding off from showing any big news until E3 after having basically nothing on the console for almost half a year?!?
Sit down and play through the hundreds of video games you already bought and never got around to finishing.

Or sell your console. Every gen it’s the same, thankfully this time we have full B/C with last gen so it keeps us turning on our new consoles while we wait.

If you are out of games to play while you wait for real next gen games to come, you probably won’t enjoy most of those games when they do show up.

Early adopters always pay the steepest price to do next to nothing with their new consoles.

Bridges

It did kinda suck not having a flashy new game around launch to show off the hardware, but with Gamepass and enhanced BC I've probably played more games on Series X during this launch window than I ever had previous consoles. Plus, despite releasing last gen, Control felt like a "next gen" game to me when I played Ultimate Edition.

Fredrik

Sit down and play through the hundreds of video games you already bought and never got around to finishing.

Or sell your console. Every gen it’s the same, thankfully this time we have full B/C with last gen so it keeps us turning on our new consoles while we wait.

If you are out of games to play while you wait for real next gen games to come, you probably won’t enjoy most of those games when they do show up.

Early adopters always pay the steepest price to do next to nothing with their new consoles.
I don’t care about the money I’ve spent, it’s already forgotten. I really just want something new to play. I know there is usually a dip of game releases after launch... But we never even got a proper launch to begin with! This generation has so far been like a bad joke.

Kagey K

Banned
I don’t care about the money I’ve spent, it’s already forgotten. I really just want something new to play. I know there is usually a dip of game releases after launch... But we never even got a proper launch to begin with! This generation has so far been like a bad joke.
With consoles going X86 now, every launch is going to feel the same, depending on what system you own is going to be like going from low to medium to high. But all the same games will be everywhere.

Welcome to the new normal.

Roberts

I think this has been a good time to play the games that I missed or skipped in the last five years or so. I had loads of fun with RE3, Little Nightmares, My daughter loved playing Costume Quest 2 and Adventure Time with me. I finally got into Yakuza and understood its appeal. And I think I will get into Watch Dogs 2 now. And I haven't even touched new stuff like WD3 and that new Yakuza game that everybody is raving about. I'm good with what I have.

Doncabesa

Like what’s even going in? Where are the games?? Where are the news about games?! Are they seriously considering holding off from showing any big news until E3 after having basically nothing on the console for almost half a year?!?
Pretty much everything I want to play is running 60fps now. I've put another 100 hours into the division 2 this month with it feeling far better than it ever did before. New games will come, but honestly I have far too much in my backlog to worry for a long assed time.

Kagey K

Banned
The lightning makes all the difference ;) It still it boggles my mind how on earth they wanted to release the game along with the console's launch...
I would have taken 4v4 TDM on all old maps. Just to have it at launch.

I miss Halo mulitplayer.

Gatox

Banned
Star wars squadron coming to ea play,so also with gamepass
Good stuff, I played the teaser on EA Access and quite enjoyed it but had too many games on the go to buy it. Will move onto it soon now its on Gamepass. Incidentally as there ever anything said about how long we can expect EA games to stay on Gamepass for, I`m guessing they aren't handled the same as the MS First party stuff.

Gatox

Banned

TL;DW: Holding the Guide button and pressing X starts the screen saver instantly

Love being able to quickly swap between console and my tablet, thats made things so easier. I wonder why they are seemingly drip feeding all these little tweaks via social media?

Gerdav

Good stuff, I played the teaser on EA Access and quite enjoyed it but had too many games on the go to buy it. Will move onto it soon now its on Gamepass. Incidentally as there ever anything said about how long we can expect EA games to stay on Gamepass for, I`m guessing they aren't handled the same as the MS First party stuff.

Aaron Greenberg said it’s not leaving gamepass anytime soon, if you meant how long do EA games stay on EA Play then I have had it for years going back to its EA Access days, and to the best of my knowledge I don’t believe any game has ever left once added.

Last edited:

Gatox

Banned
Aaron Greenberg said it’s not leaving gamepass anytime soon, if you meant how long do EA games stay on EA Play then I have had it for years going back to its EA Access days, and to the best of my knowledge I don’t believe any game has ever left once added.

Cheers, I was wondering how long EA Access games will stay on Gamepass but as you say the games that go into the EA Vault thing seem to be there permanent.

Pretty much everything I want to play is running 60fps now. I've put another 100 hours into the division 2 this month with it feeling far better than it ever did before. New games will come, but honestly I have far too much in my backlog to worry for a long assed time.

This is exactly how I would describe it for myself. Except I’ve not yet played Division 2.

Enjoying the heck out of the Series X experience now....I’m trying to wrap my head around how it will be once the big hitter games start coming. I just hope they are worth the wait.

I thought the thread go deleted for a second.

WTF - This Xbox OT gets moved to the community threads but the Next Gen Sony circle jerk is still shitting up the main page.

GAF really wants to exile the few Xbox fans that still remain on GAF.

That thread should definitely be moved in here too, not sure why it is still main page. I mean, it is basically just a PS5 OT anyway, and it is just as "old" as the other OTs that got moved are. That thread is an eyesore and has been for months.

Last edited:
At least The Hive still has a place on the front page they can shit on anything MS related in, with absolute impunity. I see the new Halo: Infinite screenshots are getting dragged there now. Of course.

Kagey K

Banned
Dont worry guys, its still not as bad when the Xbone launched. Bish started banning 10-20 user just for buying the Xbone at launch
That's because anyone that bought a One was a paid astroturfer coming to invade Gaf (according to him) 😆

I dont know what's worse, his delusion or all the people that believed him.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
So why was this moved in here?

It was taking up too much space on the main page.

Rossco EZ

It was taking up too much space on the main page.

Roberts

I've been playing old Tim Schafer games over the last few months: Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Psychonauts and most recently, Grim Fandango. Not so much for nostalgia reasons, but mostly to remind myself that we (at least those of us who appreciate his idiosyncratic sense of humor) are really super lucky that MS bought Double Fine and I can't wait to see what the guys will do with Psychonauts 2 and the games that will most certainly follow.

All of these old games are kind of dated when it comes to gameplay and his puzzles sometimes are way too random to make any sense (seriously, I have no clue how I managed to solve a few Rubacava puzzles in GF way back in the 90's without a help of a walkthrough), but they are hilarious and always with the heart in the right place. Any of you guys fans of his?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I've been playing old Tim Schafer games over the last few months: Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Psychonauts and most recently, Grim Fandango. Not so much for nostalgia reasons, but mostly to remind myself that we (at least those of us who appreciate his idiosyncratic sense of humor) are really super lucky that MS bought Double Fine and I can't wait to see what the guys will do with Psychonauts 2 and the games that will most certainly follow.

All of these old games are kind of dated when it comes to gameplay and his puzzles sometimes are way too random to make any sense (seriously, I have no clue how I managed to solve a few Rubacava puzzles in GF way back in the 90's without a help of a walkthrough), but they are hilarious and always with the heart in the right place. Any of you guys fans of his?

I am a bit more of a Ron Gilbert kind of guy, but then again Day of The Tentacle is in my Olympus of best point and games so I am a bit torn. He is a very talented designer.

Roberts

I am a bit more of a Ron Gilbert kind of guy, but then again Day of The Tentacle is in my Olympus of best point and games so I am a bit torn. He is a very talented designer.
I get it. I think Gilbert's sense of humour is a bit more accessible and DOTT (my favourite too) often feels like it could be his game. What I like about Schafer's writing is that despite the humour and weird offbeat tone his games have, there's always a sad or melancholy layer to his characters or stories.

Speaking of Gilbert, Thimbleweed Park was pretty damn excellent as well.

Top Bottom