• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

DaGwaphics

That’s a really solid Xbox podcast. Listened to the audio only version while out on a run I just retuned from. Jason Ronald is a treasure, and his beard is too....he pretty much IS the Head Wizard of the BC program. It’s pretty damned cool how connected to the community how some of the big management figures are. . GOOD VIBES continue to grow within the Xbox platform.

He mentioned that the Xbox Team closely monitors all social media platforms and even most gaming forums. I wonder, for their mental well being, they avoid this one? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Probably look at some of our "super serious" debates and laughing their asses off. :messenger_beaming:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
That’s a really solid Xbox podcast. Listened to the audio only version while out on a run I just retuned from. Jason Ronald is a treasure, and his beard is too....he pretty much IS the Head Wizard of the BC program. It’s pretty damned cool how connected to the community how some of the big management figures are. . GOOD VIBES continue to grow within the Xbox platform.

He mentioned that the Xbox Team closely monitors all social media platforms and even most gaming forums. I wonder, for their mental well being, they avoid this one? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Are you kidding, this is probably one of their favorites. With all the delusional SonyBros' pretending to be genius engineers making shit up as they go, I'm pretty sure this forum is comedy gold to actual engineers and likely gives them hours of laughs on a daily basis.

They probably didn't get a damn thing done the entire day when Ethomaz made his infamous tweet they were laughing so hard.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hahaha. I didn't even know that thread existed as it was made and locked this morning. Already slipped to page 2.

Not surprised it's ethomaz fighting the console fight as usual thinking he's a know it all when it comes to specs.

He has a unique writing style. He used to be one of those list war guys, but since getting banned many times, he stopped that and changed his writing to be more low key. But now, he writes in such a way he tries to convey a message he knows what he's talking about when it comes to specs so he can win over fans of console warrioring. He doesn't know.

You can see by his tweets arguing with that guy, he puts on this know it all front claiming his "guess" is right, where somehow it's up to other people to prove his "guess" wrong. lol

That's the type of guy he is when it comes to debates.

Last edited:

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
Last edited:
edit

Actually nevermind, ain't even worth it.

edit 2, oh well he saw it first. Eh, so it goes.

I must be the only Xbox fanboy in the world who hasn't owned an Xbox in over 7 years and gushes about my PS5 gaming experience. All the PS5 screenshots I post, PS5 threads I post, PS5 speculation I engage in, it's all an act.

I'm just an Xboi. May Satan have mercy on my putrid soul.

Maybe the fact that I, an actual Sony Fan, feel more comfortable posting in the Xbox thread than anywhere else is a sign of something else? Could just be a Me problem, of course. But, could also be another problem, too. I bascially get ignored by everyone except Bo and Deep in the PS5 thread. Here I don't feel like a leper.

For the record, I have no problem with Ethomaz, personally. I never see him attack other posters. He, for the most part, seems polite and sincere, but I did find that pretty Twitter exchange pretty funny. If it was happening on the opposite end I would have found it just as funny.

Also, the Discord deflection is pretty...strange. Always has been.

Last edited:

Blue Spring

Aren't you one of those Next-Gen OT cultists?

Yeah, uh....I'll pass. Thanks though.

Good luck with whatever you're trying to do here.
Culitists? I did not know we had cultists here. Sounds scary.

What do they do? Make plans for console war shitposting threads like you guys?

MDSLKTR

Accidentally clicked on this miserable thread, lol. So this was the festing ground for the supposed "good faith" thread that got locked down.

The last few pages were really eye-opening. I was always thinking you fanboys made your console wars and FUD plans in some discord groups but maybe you were rejected even from them?
Oh no you just entered a miserable thread and exposed the festing ground. Let's fix that, for your health.

Kagey K

Banned
Culitists? I did not know we had cultists here. Sounds scary.

What do they do? Make plans for console war shitposting threads like you guys?
Care to show anyone making plans for console war shitposts here?

Looks like a bunch of people in here talking about Xbox and occasionally making fun of the worst of the console wars posters. 🤷‍♂️

Think you probably took a wrong turn to end up in this thread though.

Blue Spring

Really now.... you were part of it.

Maybe someone should make a thread since a MS engineer CONFIRMED it was 100% RDNA2...

Props to splattered splattered for trying to stay decent.
Come on now guys be nice haha he is still one of our fellow forum members and we're all sick of the toxicity, doesn't mean we have to act in the same manner :)

Tell that too him and his buddy who hounded me for days over something I didn't even say.

Put out shit, you'll get shit.

Somebody do it PLEASE.

I would but I don't want to get reported to hell and back

Getting reported on GAF for making a positive Xbox thread? Yeah like that would ever happen.

/s 😅

I am laughing so hard at the Xbox Engineer thread...holy shit. @EdGaltBR you a legend

I especially love the reply from CatLady CatLady "Somebody do it PLEASE" lol.
Thread title "Sony fanboy is owned by a Xbox engineer". Is that what you consider a positive xbox thread that gets locked down and you always cry about?

Last edited:

Looks like a bunch of people in here talking about Xbox and occasionally making fun of the worst of the console wars posters. 🤷‍♂️

Think you probably took a wrong turn to end up in this thread though.

It's just funny to me because today, for the first time in a long time, I checked in on the Next-Gen OT just to see what was happening.

I read the last few pages. There were some normal, valid posts, some funny posts, some news posts, but I also saw a lot of Game Pass Derangement, lot of "lol PS5 beats XsX in all these games," "here's a post of me whining about people in the Xbox thread whining," etc. It all works both ways.

Anyway, I am contributing to derailment here. I apologize. I'll take a timeout for awhile, let it get back to normal.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

giphy.gif

Oh god the multi-quoting. The thread-hop must have landed bad.

Getting back on track:

Vasto Vasto posted that MS is gonna hold a BGS event pretty soon.

Starfield footage? PLEASE?????

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Getting back on track:

Like I said in that thread, MS and Zeni must be dying to get a bunch of shit off their chest. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t filming and editing it now, so they have it ready to go shortly after the deal closes.

I‘m excited to see what the studios have cooking.

Hahaha. I didn't even know that thread existed as it was made and locked this morning. Already slipped to page 2.

Not surprised it's ethomaz fighting the console fight as usual thinking he's a know it all when it comes to specs.

He has a unique writing style. He used to be one of those list war guys, but since getting banned many times, he stopped that and changed his writing to be more low key. But now, he writes in such a way he tries to convey a message he knows what he's talking about when it comes to specs so he can win over fans of console warrioring. He doesn't know.

You can see by his tweets arguing with that guy, he puts on this know it all front claiming his "guess" is right, where somehow it's up to other people to prove his "guess" wrong. lol

That's the type of guy he is when it comes to debates.
That guy will argue black is white, can’t take him seriously

Riky

$MSFT
Getting back on track:

Really hoping for a Quake reboot, it's definitely time.

Concern

I was going to reply to that mess, but then I realized he doesn’t get jokes and it was going to turn this thread sideways and we don’t need that.

Obviously he came to try to start some bullshit, and I think this cesspool is better than that. 😅

Just for comparison.

Ps5 ot made in April has 5,078 posts

Xbox ot made in July has 9,475 posts

Its quite easy to see which fanboys have no interest in their console and just shitpost and derail everything about the other.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Thread title "Sony fanboy is owned by a Xbox engineer". Is that what you consider a positive xbox thread that gets locked down and you always cry about?

Get the fuck out of the Xbox OT. This is supposed to be the one place we don't have to put up Sony fanboy BS and conspiracies. Go back to you Next Gen Sony Safe Space and discuss your numerous plots, conspiracies and FUD against Mother Sony and her acolytes.

Last edited:
Does anyone listen to the Xbox Two podcast with Rand al Thor 19 and Jez Corden? Was listening to it last night and Rand was saying some interesting stuff. For those not aware he talks to people at Xbox and gets inside info from time to time - for instance he accurately stated what Bleeding Edge was going to be before it was revealed.

Anyway, he said he's predicting that Starfield will in fact be Xbox (ecosystem) exclusive, though Wolfenstein 3 will still be multiplatform. He also thinks XBL Gold will still go free in the next few years, they're just waiting for Game Pass subs #s to catch up to/surpass Gold sub #s - MS allegedly views Gold as "archaic". Another thing is that he seems to think that MS is mainly going to be looking into buying publishers now, and less so smaller individual developers.

All of this was said in this episode yesterday, apologies but I don't have a specific timestamp.

Well, whatever happens the Bethesda show should be interesting if it happens. I just wanna finally see Starfield, I’ve been interested in it even before the MS buyout. I think the second Doom Eternal DLC would probably be there too.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I've asked that a few times and unsurprisingly had no answer from those so certain Bethesda games will be multiplatform. Certain numpties love to bring up minecraft, yet can't see that MS has set the tone going forward with Hellblade 2.
Xbox is not even the majority target audience for Minecraft. And they made it clear that Minecraft will be multiplatform.

oldergamer

you need to relax. When you compare it to the threads created on the opposite, often with the pure intent to troll Xbox fans. one post like that is the equivalent of a drop of water in a swimming pool.

Roberts

Old news for most of you, I assume, but I played through Resident Evil 3 and had a lot of fun with it. One of those third party games that looks and plays like a first party game. Some pretty visuals on XSX and runs great too. It's much more linear than RE2 remake and there is only one playthrough but I don't really see it as a negative as I have never even bothered to play the previous game with another character. Took me 9 hours to complete and I'm still not totally sure how you can complete the game in under two hours (there is an achievement for that). Made me laugh for all the godawful writing and that hairy thing that lived on top of Carlos' head. Recommend.

Gatox

Banned
Its amazing the time and effort certain people on here put into telling us how they don't care about gampass, or if Bethesda games are exclusive or not. Post after post in thread after thread, then the statement "I`m not bothered anyway as their games are rubbish/I dont play them/Playstation has better games".....

DaGwaphics

Its amazing the time and effort certain people on here put into telling us how they don't care about gampass, or if Bethesda games are exclusive or not. Post after post in thread after thread, then the statement "I`m not bothered anyway as their games are rubbish/I dont play them/Playstation has better games".....

Be careful, you don't want to let our secret, diabolical plans leak out in public. Best to keep our thoughts about "those" users in the DiScOrD. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Riky

$MSFT

When you correct their FUD you get thread banned, ridiculous.
Whatever happens with Zenimax I know I'll be getting the games day one on Gamepass so it's all good.

DaGwaphics

Old news for most of you, I assume, but I played through Resident Evil 3 and had a lot of fun with it. One of those third party games that looks and plays like a first party game. Some pretty visuals on XSX and runs great too. It's much more linear than RE2 remake and there is only one playthrough but I don't really see it as a negative as I have never even bothered to play the previous game with another character. Took me 9 hours to complete and I'm still not totally sure how you can complete the game in under two hours (there is an achievement for that). Made me laugh for all the godawful writing and that hairy thing that lived on top of Carlos' head. Recommend.

I've got to get back to 2, I've just barely started that one. Something about the shooting mechanic was throwing me a bit, the aim felt really slow but the zombies appeared to move quicker than I remembered. I think I may have gotten a lot worse at gaming since originally playing this title on Dreamcast. LOL

Roberts

I've got to get back to 2, I've just barely started that one. Something about the shooting mechanic was throwing me a bit, the aim felt really slow but the zombies appeared to move quicker than I remembered. I think I may have gotten a lot worse at gaming since originally playing this title on Dreamcast. LOL
Ha, I had the same reaction to when I loaded up original Resident Evil 1 to see how auto-HDR looks on it and was terrible at killing the first zombie. It is funny how a few games like GoW totally changed the way we aim and shoot in third perspective shooters and how we got used to it.

Top Bottom