• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I suppose he got enough of the 10 idio... fine young men on Team Blue that are shitting up every single thread. Can't say I blame him. All threads have devolved to shiity takes, idiotic one liners and pandering to the rest of the usual suspects.

As much as it saddens me, the moderation on Resetera is much better in that regard. They might be idiots around their politics, but their approach to 12 year old console warriors is to be applauded.

I think the issue is more than if you are a fan of brand here, which Hix was obviously a fan of Microsoft, you are labeled as a warrior by everyone including some of the mods and everything you say is taken with a * next to it.

(in the sony vs microsoft realm, it seems nintendo gets a pass?)

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
Watch Dogs legions is actually ok at first I regretted I bought it but playing it the story is pretty cool the cutscenes are fucked up in a good way, really enjoying it.

The radio stations could be improved they could be made so much better, the chatty one is a pretty good listen and very funny.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Watch Dogs legions is actually ok at first I regretted I bought it but playing it the story is pretty cool the cutscenes are fucked up in a good way, really enjoying it.

The radio stations could be improved they could be made so much better, the chatty one is a pretty good listen and very funny.
I hate, hate, haaaate how the damn radio stations constantly restart if you even just switch between them or get into a new car. Rockstar figured this shit out with GTA 3, yet Ubisoft can't.

splattered

Man i just went to check out Kratos in Fortinite, figured it would be fun to run around on Xbox as him but sheesh they want basically $20 for him and his associated items. Ugh. I'm sure Master Chief will be the same if that leak is real. Then again... imagine getting him and his items for free as a GamePass Ultimate Perk?

You would know you Sony Pony.

But in all seriousness the labeling of someone goes way too far here. The dicussion about games is at all time low in every capacity, even by the people who dont fight for a brand. As someone who likes to discuss the business aspects more than the console aspects its basically impossible.

Some are not very amiable in all honesty. People make the courteous effort to reply or at least make civil conversation about something and it just gets ignored. It’s a bit ignorant in my opinion.

The platform specific sub Reddits are worse of course with all that downvote shit in particular ha ha.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Some are not very amiable in all honesty. People make the courteous effort to reply or at least make civil conversation about something and it just gets ignored. It’s a bit ignorant in my opinion.

The platform specific sub Reddits are worse of course with all that downvote shit in particular ha ha.

Not wrong. Obviously there is no such thing as a perfect system but seems like something could be done. But, not my platform, not my decision.

Third wave of UK Series S now shipping from the MS Store, including mine (pre-ordered 18th November)

JIPifSH.jpg

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Madden 21 trial still doesn't work. The Series X version has the same issue as it did on the XB1X version where it fails to connect to the EA servers and just won't work as a result.

Last edited:

silentstorm

Anyone playing Haven?

Trying it and it's not that fun for now, it's more of an artsy game with easy combats and travelling around a world that a lot of the time just looks the same and isn't as pretty as the developer seems to think, the main focus is the dialogue between the couple to a point where it feels like this would be better off as a visual novel instead.

Great soundtrack though, and to be fair, i got a level up screen of sorts that promises more combat abilities and tricks for travelling around, so hopefully this is one of those games that starts slow and boring before opening up and becoming great.

Playing it right now and having a decent time with it. I really like the art style.

Just got Eriks orb back and heading to the door of departure.

I've played the Steam version, but will be picking this up on GP. It's absolutely the definitive version and don't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

Great game, I've never been a big fan of DQ, but this one is irresistible. Even the English dub is decent.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

*Nevermind me, I got trolled. Good podcast

I was gonna say...no he didnt...

But..he did say the QR was indeed turned off for a lot of titles like AC: Valahala, Yakuza, Gears 5, etc. But most of them have been turned back on. So apparently there were indeed able to turn that on and off, on the backside.

Last edited:

Roberts

Strange, QR still doesn't work in Valhalla for me. Speaking of Valhalla: finally got to Glowecestrescire and it is by far the most visually striking area in the game. Overall, I think there have been one or two open world games that looked better than Valhalla, but even RDR2 doesn't look like as good as that region.

Also, downloaded Haven. First impression is that it is Dontnod meet JRPG, but I could be wrong about that. The surprising thing is that in visual mode it can't really hit 60 fps and ends up a bit choppy. Performance mode is only slightly softer and has less detailed grass, but runs super smoothly. Considering it is not exactly a very demanding looking game, they should definitely try to optimise it more.

Last edited by a moderator:

silentstorm

Also, downloaded Haven. First impression is that it is Dontnod meet JRPG, but I could be wrong about that. The surprising thing is that in visual mode it can't really hit 60 fps and ends up a bit choppy. Performance mode is only slightly softer and has less detailed grass, but runs super smoothly. Considering it is not exactly a very demanding looking game, they should definitely try to optimise it more.
Yeah, the performance is weird, also, the game just feels like it would fit a VN more, still, the game does open up somewhat, you thankfully get a map and i used a fast travel option once but can't seem to find it again, i also find places to put bait to lure some animals, and new combat abilities are locked...but the combat doesn't change.

I also dislike how you can't just have both characters using impact or blast after a while, it's instantly Duo Impact or Duo Blast which can take a while to perform, just a minor annoyance, but it's there.

It does feel like islands vary a bit more though, and it's better than it was at the start, but it's still not what i would call an amazing game, Furi was better so far.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Strange, QR still doesn't work in Valhalla for me. Speaking of Valhalla: finally got to Glowecestrescire and it is by far the most visually striking area in the game. Overall, I think there have been one or two open world games that looked better than Valhalla, but even RDR2 doesn't look like as good as that region.

Oh God, that sounds awful. Fortunately it's not one of my most anticipated games, but since it's on Game Pass I will still give it a shot, but after all the other games I'm really excited for.

rob_araujoo

Neo Member
I need help ... I have a Samsung 4K, the Xbox recognizes it as 4K and HDR, ok .... But if I try to force the TV to run at 1440p, it just won't ..... or it's 4K or 1080P .... what's the big deal? Is that the game I'm testing (NBA 2K21) clearly looks better at 1440p, but here it won't ..... then if I let the Xbox choose, it goes in the WORST option, which is 4K + HDR, then the game stays ugly, blurred, with angry upscaling. Funny that 4K + HDR only works if I leave VIDEO AND OVERSCAN LOYALTY on AUTOMATIC ... if I leave it in the manual, on HDMI, it was already, 4K or HDR does not work ..... I do not know what else to do.....

I need help ... I have a Samsung 4K, the Xbox recognizes it as 4K and HDR, ok .... But if I try to force the TV to run at 1440p, it just won't ..... or it's 4K or 1080P .... what's the big deal? Is that the game I'm testing (NBA 2K21) clearly looks better at 1440p, but here it won't ..... then if I let the Xbox choose, it goes in the WORST option, which is 4K + HDR, then the game stays ugly, blurred, with angry upscaling. Funny that 4K + HDR only works if I leave VIDEO AND OVERSCAN LOYALTY on AUTOMATIC ... if I leave it in the manual, on HDMI, it was already, 4K or HDR does not work ..... I do not know what else to do.....

Try contacting Xbox support on twitter mate or the Xbox forums may help.

oldergamer

Really? I’d be surprised if it was otherwise mate considering how dead set they have been in making that studio Gears only. If you’re right I’ll buy you something nice.
MS doesnt care if studios want to make something different. Its why most are ramping up multiple teams. There is no mandate that they only make gears, but its thier main franchise.

Top Bottom