• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox - May 2022 Games with Gold

In the thumbnail for the video it looked like it said Yoku's Bland Express. I already own everything for this month but it's a decent set of games for those that don't.

Pretty sad the number of people here slamming Yoku, I bet most have never even tried it. We've removed your "gamer" status cards.

Yes, absolutely scathing reviews!

Yoku’s is a legit great game
Yoku is a great game
Yoku's Island is fun
Yokus island express and hydro thunder hurricane are great games.
Play Yoku's. It's the real deal.
Yoku is ok
Yoku is pretty good
Just chiming in with another vote for Yoku being a great game.
Youku looks like a game that could be fun but gets diminished in your backlog
Yokus is fun.
Yoku and Hydro are great gets.
Hey, Yoku’s is legit.
two good ones with Yoku and Hydro Thunder

Seriously I didn't see a single person specifically slam Yoku in the thread, just the usual "everything is bad" posts that pepper these threads every time.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
I thought it sounded familiar.

Hydro Thunder Hurricane was a Sep 2017 GwG game already.

I somehow got that in my gold library and I didn't even have a subscription until 2020. No idea how I managed that (maybe one of those that got added to a region elsewhere too, so it's like 3x appearance now).

anthony2690

Banned
In the thumbnail for the video it looked like it said Yoku's Bland Express. I already own everything for this month but it's a decent set of games for those that don't.

Seriously I didn't see a single person specifically slam Yoku in the thread, just the usual "everything is bad" posts that pepper these threads every time.
Oh wow haha, I was one of the earlier commenters, turns out a lot of people like yokus island express XD

There are some arcade sounds that will forever be ingrained into my memories. The sounds of Hydro Thunder and it's announcer are one of them.

1751619066e4596aa13ad0f3f0c723162dce9fdf.gifv

vM58YX.gif

tumblr_ncpi17pU011s3uawvo1_400.gifv

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

Errr, I suggest you read again.......you must have negative comment filters on or something.......

Negative posts basically saying nothing good this month:

"They should just can it and focus on game pass offerings."

"Amazingly, it' says it's worth $60 of value.
I don't think anyone will play these games even if they were valued at $0."

"MS doesn’t hide it at all that they’d rather you subscribe to Gamepass.
GwG Games have been progressively shitty"

"Surely it’s more effort for them, and more insulting for the fans, to find these turds every month rather than just issue a statement saying ‘no more GWG, we’re still charging for Gold, now fuck off’."

"Boooooooooooooo"

"At least this shit is consistently bad, that’s one thing I guess… what a pile of absolute shit."

Yes, yes tons of positivity there from these people.

93xfan

Banned
I thought it sounded familiar.

Hydro Thunder Hurricane was a Sep 2017 GwG game already.

This is a problem. They shouldn’t be allowed to do that. 4 free games a month means games they didn’t already give you in the past in exchange for your subscription.

MS owes us another game.

DaGwaphics

This is a problem. They shouldn’t be allowed to do that. 4 free games a month means games they didn’t already give you in the past in exchange for your subscription.

MS owes us another game.

I assume they figure they have many subscribers that weren't members or didn't redeem that in the past. It is unusual, but it will be a new addition for me so I'm fine with it. :messenger_beaming:

Banned
Yeah, I might be thinking of the original on DC as well. Hopefully the 360 outing is as good as that one.

it's basically a direct sequel.. imagine if an actual sequel Released 2 years later. it legit feels like a DC game with 360 graphics.

it's almost like one of those many Sequels of Dreamcast games that released only on Xbox back in the day

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
PS.

This was revealed on twitter a few days ago, but the way 360 games on GoG work is that you'll still own them even if your Gold lapses. So, have at it hoss, add them all to your libraries at the least even if there's no intention to play them.

Beechos

Just stop offering games at this point. I dont think theres been a good gold offering since gamepass. Yeesh

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
I assume they figure they have many subscribers that weren't members or didn't redeem that in the past. It is unusual, but it will be a new addition for me so I'm fine with it. :messenger_beaming:
Glad you’re happy, but this sets a terrible precedent. Not good for longtime loyal fans

ManaByte

PS.

This was revealed on twitter a few days ago, but the way 360 games on GoG work is that you'll still own them even if your Gold lapses. So, have at it hoss, add them all to your libraries at the least even if there's no intention to play them.

That's how it always has worked.

Top Bottom