• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Streaming with Twitch

kingfey

Banned

Starting today, Xbox and @Twitch are teaming up to make live streaming from your console easier than ever before with a few simple steps. Learn more

With everything going on in the world, it’s more important than ever that we stay connected with our friends, families, and communities. We’ve heard your feedback and are excited to bring back this fan favorite feature, re-engineered, and better than ever. Starting today, Xbox and Twitch are teaming up to make live streaming from your Xbox easier than ever. You can now access Twitch directly from the Xbox guide and manage your setup in a few simple steps.

It’s easy to get started from the Xbox guide

From your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console, navigate to the “Capture and Share” tab on the guide and select “Live streaming.” You’ll need to link your Twitch account by scanning the QR code with an iOS or Android mobile device or navigating to the URL with either your PC or mobile device. Once your account is linked, select the “Go live now” button to instantly go live and start live streaming games that are downloaded to your console.

Livestreaming Guide

Manage your live stream audio and resolution

Next, plug in your headset and webcam. You can set your stream title and from the options panel, we’ve included the ability to manage game and mic audio levels, include party chat and even manually set your resolution and bitrate. Then all you need to do is click “Go live now.” Want to swap games midstream? No worries, a pause screen will be displayed when you are not in game, and your console will automatically update the game you’re playing on Twitch.

Livestreaming Guide

You’re now live!

People can watch your streams on any device they use to access Twitch. On the Xbox console, players who follow you can choose to receive notifications when you go live on Twitch. To enable this, navigate to the Xbox Notifications within Preferences and adjust the live streaming settings.

Livestreaming Guide

Make sure to check out future updates, we have some awesome new features coming soon based on your feedback. Go ahead, boot up your console and get streaming, I’ll see you on Twitch!

jaysius

Banned
Sweet, I wish they'd make it stream with Youtube too, although it's not a popular option at the end of the stream you got a video in your channel, I'm not sure how many people are into watching old clips on twitch. That's the one thing that PS4 Pro did, that the Xbox doesn't do.

This is still better than those Mixr options or whatever the fuck that trash was.

intbal

Before I bother with this, can I see the chat now while I'm streaming my game? Or do I still need a secondary source for the stream?
The old Xbox Twitch app was essentially worthless.

kingfey

Banned
Before I bother with this, can I see the chat now while I'm streaming my game? Or do I still need a secondary source for the stream?
The old Xbox Twitch app was essentially worthless.
They havent stated that yet. Its 50/50 guess.

intbal

Is this not functional yet?
My Xbox was already linked to my twitch account. But I did this anyway. Not seeing any "Go Live Now" option anywhere.

kingfey

Banned
What platform?
I'm on One X.
Tried again and it just wants me to re-link. No option to go live.
I am on one S.
Go to profile. Then go to upload. You will see twitch stream there.

I have streamed 1 fifa match on my twitch.

FeldMonster

Sweet, I wish they'd make it stream with Youtube too, although it's not a popular option at the end of the stream you got a video in your channel, I'm not sure how many people are into watching old clips on twitch. That's the one thing that PS4 Pro did, that the Xbox doesn't do.

This is still better than those Mixr options or whatever the fuck that trash was.
Clearly you never used Mixer.

It had higher bitrates, lower latency (i.e. closer to "real time"), introduced Mixpots (which Twitch later copied as Twitch Drops), had a progression system built in for streaming or watching, and started HypeZones (like NFL Redzone but for Battle Royales) first with PUBG, then with others.

It had everything but the audience unfortunately. My biggest complaint was that unlike Twitch, you couldn't follow games that you liked, only individual channels/streamers.

jaysius

Banned
Still can't remove the ugly on screen status bar when live.
Yup, the most we need is to have it appear when there's a status change ie. someone starts or stops viewing, otherwise that fugly thing can autohide, or at least make the fucking thing transparent. We just need SOME options with it, not just moving it around a few areas of the screen.

Top Bottom