• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Sale: ME Catalyst $5, Stranger of Sword City $10, more

MauroNL

This weeks' Deals with Gold batch just dropped. Some good prices. Credits to Bloomy on CAG for the summary.

Gold Only
:xb1: Battlefield 4 - $5.00 - 75% off
:xb1: Battlefield Hardline Standard Edition - $5.00 - 75% off
:xb1: Black & White Bushido - $9.09 - 30% off
:xb1: Blue Rider - $3.00 - 70% off
:xb1: Dance Central Spotlight - $5.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Dex - $13.39 - 33% off
:xb1: Ginger: Beyond the crystal - $10.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Gryphon Knight Epic - $5.00 - 50% off
:xb1: King's Quest : The Complete Collection - $15.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Mirror's Edge Catalyst - $5.00 - 75% off
:xb1: Nightmares from the Deep Bundle - $10.49 - 30% off
:xb1: OlliOlli2: XL Edition - $3.75 - 75% off
:xb1: Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter - $18.15 - 67% off
:xb1: The Escapists - $5.00 - 75% off
:xb1: WRC 5 eSports Edition - $10.00 - 80% off
:xb1: WRC 6 FIA World Rally Championship - $20.00 - 60% off
:xb1: White Night - $4.95 - 67% off
:xb1: Zombie Driver Ultimate Edition - $3.00 - 80% off

All Members
:xb1: 2Dark - $12.00 - 60% off
:xb1: DMC4SE Demon Hunter Bundle - $14.40 - 60% off
:xb1: DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires - $25.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition - $10.00 - 60% off
:xb1: DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition - $9.90 - 67% off
:xb1: FlatOut 4 : Total Insanity - $25.00 - 50% off
:xb1: Handball 17 - $24.00 - 60% off
:xb1: INSIDE & LIMBO Bundle - $26.99 - 10% off
:xb1: Light & Dark Bundle - $22.49 - 25% off
:xb1: Mega Man Legacy Collection - $6.00 - 60% off
:xb1: Stranger of Sword City - $10.12 - 75% off
:xb1: The Shadow Warrior Collection - $59.49 - 15% off
:xb1: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 - $19.80 - 67% off
:xb1: WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate - $30.00 - 50% off

Xbox 360:
Asura's Wrath - $5.00
Blue Dragon - $9.99
DmC - $3.99
Devil May Cry 4 - $6.59
Devil May Cry HD Collection $3.99
Prototype - $9.99
Prototype 2 - $14.99

Mozendo

Stranger of Sword City is a great Dungeon crawler and definitely should be played if you enjoy turn-based RPGs with a challenge

Not really sure how worth it it is to buy Mirror's Edge when you could spend the same amount for a month of EA Access and beat it while playing other games in the catalog.

VeeP

Battlefield 4 or battlefield hardline? Which is better?

If you want, you could get EA Access and play both, and Battlefield 1, and Titanfall 2 (the latter two are coming to Access really soon). $5 per month, or $30 per year I think.

Hmmmm, Sherlock Holmes is tempting.

EDIT: Will have to check out the first episode of Kings Quest so I can decide whether to buy the whole thing too.

MauroNL

Xbox 360 deals are in too:

Asura's Wrath - $5.00
Blue Dragon - $9.99
DmC - $3.99
Devil May Cry 4 - $6.59
Devil May Cry HD Collection $3.99
Prototype - $9.99
Prototype 2 - $14.99

Asura's Wrath is an amazing game that too many people ignored because it got a bad rep as a QTE-fest. What it really is, is a playable anime. The QTEs make sense for what is happening on-screen, like slamming the left and right sticks outward to make the character brace his left and right feet for trying to stop a Spirit Bomb style attack. It is so good. I hope this sale means it's coming to BC this week.

Monocle

Asura's Wrath is an amazing game that too many people ignored because it got a bad rep as a QTE-fest. What it really is, is a playable anime. The QTEs make sense for what is happening on-screen, like slamming the left and right sticks outward to make the character brace his left and right feet for trying to stop a Spirit Bomb style attack. It is so good. I hope this sale means it's coming to BC this week.
Yeah it's awesome when you know it's just an interactive movie. The DLC chapter Nirvana is essential to round out the experience though.

xrnzaaas

Not really sure how worth it it is to buy Mirror's Edge when you could spend the same amount for a month of EA Access and beat it while playing other games in the catalog.

That depends entirely on if you want to have it in your collection or be done with it for good after you've finished it. The main story isn't that long, but the game offers some extra content if you're into completing (mostly time-based) side missions and finding collectibles (and doing complex parkour moves for extra achievements ;)).

xrnzaaas

I can live with 720p and if it's not stable enough to me, I'll just buy now and play it on One X later :)

Thanks for the answers guys.

I don't know about the XONE version, but I've finished the PS4 one and even though the frame drops were noticeable they weren't super annoying and they didn't lead to failed jumps or anything like that.

Keinning

Devil's Daughter is tempting for that price, but I wonder if it will come to Gold someday.

i hope so
even with 67% discount the game is still almost 100 bucks here in brazil

this price is ridiculous, the game is more expensive than most AAA new releases out there for some reason

katkombat

Banned
I just cannot recommend Catalyst to anyone at any price. I almost bought it full price, was broke so I held off. Multiple times after I considered buying it because after all, I loved the first game. The price just kept dropping so I knew before long I'd be able to get it cheap on PS4. I did and I couldn't get more than 2 or 3 hours in. The physics are awful, the combat is awful, the presentation is awful, it just didn't deliver for me in any way.

Top Bottom