• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Gold free games for January 2023 announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
913754_16x9_2UP_Points_01-4665e661aa162a97f396.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/12/29/new-games-with-gold-for-january-2023/
Kick off the new year with two great January Games with Gold! On Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, adventure through light and shadow in Iris Fall, and then set worlds in motion in Autonauts.

Xbox Live Gold members will have exclusive access to these games for a limited time as part of Games with Gold. So will Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, who receive all the fantastic benefits of Gold plus access to hundreds of high-quality games with Xbox Game Pass.

• Iris Fall ($19.99 ERP): Available January 1 to 31
  • Autonauts ($19.99 ERP): Available January 16 to February 15

anthony2690

Banned
Am I allowed to use my bear in the big blue house throwing the trash out gif? (I love this gif)

Or will I get a warning like when I used the gif for psvr2 launch line up?

I safely used it for the last GWG line up prior though.

Don't want to risk a ban as I like posting here. :)

Edit: just end GWG it just isn't worth the monthly bashing.

Last edited:
That reminds me I need to claim whatever the second half of December game was. I keep forgetting to claim these 'free' games on the Epic Store as well.

Remember when there were actually nice/good games released on GWG ? Ninja Gaiden 3, Lost planet 2, Zone of the Enders 2, Dead rising remastered, Resi 1 remastered etc etc ...

At this point , they might as well recycle old releases for those that missed them in the 1st place, it'd still be better than this hot garbage they've been giving away these past few months.

Roberts

Even if these two are totally enjoyable indies (I have no clue if they are), this is probably the new low. Ouch. There are tons of smaller games that probably don't sell all that well and could be good additions to GWG, like, i don't know, Thymesia or Trover Saves the Universe. It's like they are trolling us for a reason that totally escapes me.

DerFuggler

To outsiders, Gold looks like garbage and I get it. The games they give away are probably redeemed by <1% of subscribers. However, GPU subscribers are already getting Gold for free. To GPU subbers like me, the real value is in the "Discounts with Gold" section of the store. (Got Hades for ~$16 before it was removed from GP). Lots of deals in there.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Reviews are actually decent for both. I can understand the snark regarding unknown games but I'd be interested in the Iris Fall. It gives me Contrast vibes (played it on PS Plus when I got the PS4 in 2013) and I'd be interested in playing something similar.

Last edited:

Starhowl

I understand they are merely giving out dummys as games for the programme because they want to keep their pretense of people having to pay for multiplayer, since there are also "free games" included (which of course, no one ever heard of or really wants to play). 😡👎

By now they should just stop and make multiplayer free! 😤

Reviews are actually decent for both. I can understand the snark regarding unknown games but I'd be interested in the Iris Fall. It gives me Contrast vibes (played it on PS Plus when I got the PS4 in 2013) and I'd be interested in playing something similar.
The pictures look cool. Guess we'll see ....

p1_poster.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, check out Tandem: A Tale of Shadow. On sale regularly. There's also a demo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom