• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox launches new 'Affirmation deck' trading cards to celebrate International Womens Day, that you can print out.

Virex

Banned
WHM_23_Avatar-promo_1080x1920-993a51ddf70aeee088fe.jpg

Where are the women?
I see one overweight one. The rest don't look like women in any way shape or form

Portugeezer

"I'm here to support."
- Mercy

Honestly ... kinda sexist to act like women are only here to support, in a Women's Day Affirmation Deck. So like, you pull out these cards and repeat "I am here to support" to yourself as you start your day? Might as well have a card that says "My place is the kitchen." Way to go Xbox. Be better.
At least she's not lying to herself.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Girls can make good use of that for a drinking game. Shuffle the cards and pick one. Drink until you can read the quote without feeling embarrassed.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Imagine you're a company and the only big exclusive release you have coming in the next SEVERAL months is Starfield, which was just delayed, and this virtue signaling horseshit is what you push out in the meantime while Sony and Nintendo kicks your ass month after month.

Someone else said in here, MS has too many employees.

Go_Ly_Dow

Renaissance painting of Aristotle and Plato, painted in the 1500s.
v38YbFV.jpg

vs

Art reflects the current ideals of society. Seems like many in the driving seat in our society wishes to make the world as ugly as possible.

The greek forms were all about showing the ideal - to transcend the here and now and arrive at spiritual peace. Human beings drove themselves from the filth of carnal, tribal living not long before this.. Suddenly a new spiritual sophistication arrived and we see in the greek art an ideal human dignity that cries out, man asserting himself as being more than an animal when he draws the perfect, ideal, dignified greek form.

We now champion empty and ugly art.

Last edited:
Renaissance painting of Aristotle and Plato, painted in the 1500s.
v38YbFV.jpg

vs

Art reflects the currentt ideals of society. Seems like our society wishes to make the world as ugly as possible, rather than the beautiful things we inherited from the old world.

Ah, because they had some of the best societal norms and behavioral priorities in the 1500s.

Just say they threw together some lazy avatars and they reused them for 3 different events with no changes but the colors of the logo.

HoodWinked

its such a paradox that these group of weirdos have extremely high self esteem, are very narcissistic and entitled. but also require constant affirmations from strangers or their "mental health" spirals out of control. 😵

Go_Ly_Dow

Ah, because they had some of the best societal norms and behavioral priorities in the 1500s.

Just say they threw together some lazy avatars and they reused them for 3 different events with no changes but the colors of the logo.
Of course the world was savage and the ugly side of humanity existed in those times, but art pieces such as that emphasised an ideal vision of society where humanity was dignified in mostly undignified times. There was a pursuit of order in a chaotic world and from that struggle we enjoy the fruits of society today. The artists could see and envision a better world and that was reflected in the art.

Most modern art and artchitecutre seems like a massive regression from that ideal to me. It's ugly and a lot of the time brutal looking, such as those trashy avatars and a lot of the garbage that liberals produce these days.

Last edited:

Mess

its such a paradox that these group of weirdos have extremely high self esteem, are very narcissistic and entitled. but also require constant affirmations from strangers or their "mental health" spirals out of control. 😵

They don't have high self esteem. People that do don't need *affirmation* nor do they care about what others think of them.

These weirdos know what they are, that's why they want the world to consider them like what they wish they were instead.

Of course the world was savage and the ugly side of humanity existed in those times, but art pieces such as that emphasised an ideal vision of society where humanity was dignified in mostly undignified times. There was a pursuit of order in a chaotic world and from that struggle we enjoy the fruits of society today. The artists could see and envision a better world and that was reflected in the art.

Most modern art and artchitecutre seems like a massive regression from that ideal to me. It's ugly and a lot of the time brutal looking, such as those trashy avatars and a lot of the garbage that liberals produce these days.

I mean you're kind of digging deep into nothing here, they probably made those avatars in 30 minutes using a modeling program.

It’s weird how Microsoft became the most tediously woke company around.

Word on my work computer gives my compositions an ‘inclusivity’s rating.

Can you Americans get a handle on this, please?
What? Is that something your company set? I don't see that in word. Although our hr keeps putting out x persons month every month. Why do we need this on our corp intranet?

HoodWinked

They don't have high self esteem. People that do don't need *affirmation* nor do they care about what others think of them.

These weirdos know what they are, that's why they want the world to consider them like what they wish they were instead.
That's kind of the weird paradox I was pointing out. Probably due to growing up in the participation trophy era which is both affirming and ego building.

What? Is that something your company set? I don't see that in word. Although our hr keeps putting out x persons month every month. Why do we need this on our corp intranet?
It’s part of the ‘editor’ function. I use it to do a first-pass spell check just to catch anything that should be obvious. It appeared on our latest update.

winjer

Gold Member
Damn, that is one very pathetic attempt at celebrating woman's day.
Seriously, someone at Microsoft got paid to make that crap. And someone decided it was good enough to go forward.

Top Bottom