• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox launches new 'Affirmation deck' trading cards to celebrate International Womens Day, that you can print out.

StueyDuck

i learnt my moral standards from 1 of the richest companies the world, they made me print lady cards so now i will buy everything they do and say and will fight you if you disagree, form an orderly line please

didn't microsoft fire 1000s of people, seems like they were the wrong people :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
"I'm here to support."
- Mercy

Honestly ... kinda sexist to act like women are only here to support, in a Women's Day Affirmation Deck. So like, you pull out these cards and repeat "I am here to support" to yourself as you start your day? Might as well have a card that says "My place is the kitchen." Way to go Xbox. Be better.
zxNhmVH.gif

Moochi

It’s weird how Microsoft became the most tediously woke company around.

Word on my work computer gives my compositions an ‘inclusivity’s rating.

Can you Americans get a handle on this, please?
Dude, Grammarly checks for inclusivity, ableism, and messagss of support for the war in Ukraine. Not joking about that last one.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Yup. Predictable thread, predictable responses.

"I'm here to support."
- Mercy

Honestly ... kinda sexist to act like women are only here to support, in a Women's Day Affirmation Deck. So like, you pull out these cards and repeat "I am here to support" to yourself as you start your day? Might as well have a card that says "My place is the kitchen." Way to go Xbox. Be better.

. . .hope you didn't skin your needs tripping over all the other "affirmations" that don't ascribe to this hacky take.

Ar¢tos

. . .hope you didn't skin your needs tripping over all the other "affirmations" that don't ascribe to this hacky take.
So you are saying that it is OK to have a card belittling women for women's month as long as there are enough positive cards to "cancel" that one?

I guess for Black history month it would be OK to have a card defending slavery or a homophobic card for gay pride as long as there are other positive cards "cancelling" them, because it's the total of the cards that counts, not individual cards?

What's the formula for this? Does the size of the company and previous social actions influence the end result?

We are talking about the actions of a company, not an individual. Obviously these actions will be scrutinized and judged differently, and this action shows the lowest effort possible to tick a box, they didn't even made new avatars, just changed the color of the logos on their shirts.

Tams

Gold Member
So you are saying that it is OK to have a card belittling women for women's month as long as there are enough positive cards to "cancel" that one?

I guess for Black history month it would be OK to have a card defending slavery or a homophobic card for gay pride as long as there are other positive cards "cancelling" them, because it's the total of the cards that counts, not individual cards?

What's the formula for this? Does the size of the company and previous social actions influence the end result?

We are talking about the actions of a company, not an individual. Obviously these actions will be scrutinized and judged differently, and this action shows the lowest effort possible to tick a box, they didn't even made new avatars, just changed the color of the logos on their shirts.

Mate, this is all about some stupid 'cards' that are badly put together by a team of people who have other things to do. No need to think too hard about it.

Make games; not this nonsense.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Renaissance painting of Aristotle and Plato, painted in the 1500s.
v38YbFV.jpg

vs

WHM_23_Avatar-promo_1080x1920-993a51ddf70aeee088fe.jpg

Art reflects the current ideals of society. Seems like many in the driving seat in our society wishes to make the world as ugly as possible.

The greek forms were all about showing the ideal - to transcend the here and now and arrive at spiritual peace. Human beings drove themselves from the filth of carnal, tribal living not long before this.. Suddenly a new spiritual sophistication arrived and we see in the greek art an ideal human dignity that cries out, man asserting himself as being more than an animal when he draws the perfect, ideal, dignified greek form.

We now champion empty and ugly art.
Thats because non of it was art to begin with. The corporations since the 60s have done an amazing job in redifining craftsmanship as art in the public to the point that most born post 1980 dont even know the difference between the 2 and will often get activly hostile when the differnce is pointed out to them. To those I say heres a clue "Entertainment Art" /"Fan Art" isnt art and neither can art be found in 99% of all entertainment "Products".

This lie is further supported bye hacks who want the clout of being called an "Artist" just to sooth there egos. Because something is made with a high level of skill or just because something is highly polished doesnt make it art.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Yeah, come off it. There's nothing "insulting" about that Mercy card - I was simply pointing out the numerous OTHER cards that didn't match the posters garbage take.

. . . but sure. You're against this because you're such an advocate for "teh wimminz."

CGNoire

Of course the world was savage and the ugly side of humanity existed in those times, but art pieces such as that emphasised an ideal vision of society where humanity was dignified in mostly undignified times. There was a pursuit of order in a chaotic world and from that struggle we enjoy the fruits of society today. The artists could see and envision a better world and that was reflected in the art.

Most modern art and artchitecutre seems like a massive regression from that ideal to me. It's ugly and a lot of the time brutal looking, such as those trashy avatars and a lot of the garbage that liberals produce these days.
We have rejected Romanticism and replaced it with Cynicism.
In fact there is a full blown war on Romanticism bye the Liberal Elites.

The irony is at the same time they of course are trying to get us to Romanticse about the new future there social enginering initiatives have in store for the world.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Damn, that is one very pathetic attempt at celebrating woman's day.
Seriously, someone at Microsoft got paid to make that crap. And someone decided it was good enough to go forward.
we have people like that where I work that say over and over, “that is so great.” “I love it.”

It’s sickening to hear their drone voices say the same thing over and over. Wish I could ask, “what about it is so great as I personally am very unimpressed?” But I need my job…

BTW, I missed this back on that day, but Xbox had Peppa Pig under the "strong women" section for international womens day as well, under "powerful women of Gamepass"

yNhykRUU

Oddly no quotes from Peppa big for the cards. Also odd MK is in there.

I was under the impression Peppa wasn't even a women and was supposed to be in kindergarten or something. I guess over the years Peppa has matured into a fine women still learning how to count to 3.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Personally, I look at these cards and I find myself asking why. In saying that, to imagine that these cards would illicit such dribble and whining from people in here, also leaves me in a state of asking why. I imagine life is pretty hard for such individuals.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Personally, I look at these cards and I find myself asking why. In saying that, to imagine that these cards would illicit such dribble and whining from people in here, also leaves me in a state of asking why. I imagine life is pretty hard for such individuals.
First world problems. Like digital affirmations.

VN1X

Banned
You find it odd that blatant virtue signaling and corporate slacktivism would get a response? Right.

Top Bottom