• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is seeking a manager to help evaluate future acquisitions in the games industry

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Xbox-boot-1024x573.jpg

The job role, which was published this weekend, seemingly indicates that the corporation isn’t finished with its recent acquisition spree, which has seen it acquire Bethesda Softworks and announce Activision Blizzard in record deals.

“The Gaming Strategy & Development team serves as the corporate strategy function for Team Xbox,” the job ad reads for ‘Manager, Gaming Strategy & Development’.

“We partner closely with the Gaming Leadership Team to identify and evaluate transformative growth opportunities. Our charter includes helping to answer Microsoft Gaming’s most challenging business questions, leading Gaming’s M&A program (e.g., Activision Blizzard, ZeniMax, Double Fine, etc.), and identifying and understanding key industry dynamics.”

MicrosoftGaming118_1920x1080-1280x720.webp

According to the description, the winning candidate’s responsibilities will include “supporting strategic decisions with quantitative and qualitative rigor”, identifying “key consumer / technology / business” trends and “developing and evaluating the business case for content & technology acquisitions (M&A)”.

Fine I'll do it. I could crush Sony like a small bug in less than 12 weeks. ULTIMATE POWER

Seriously though, I wonder if this is just to manage what they already have on the way.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
MS makes about $60 billion profit per year. And grows bigger every year. It might even be $70B this year.

They already bought the biggest third party publisher at about that price and literally can just buy with cash profits. And they can do it every year.

EA is $36B and T2 is $15B. That's $51B. Add in a 30% premium and you got $65B again.

If allowed, they can buy EA and T2 with cash profits again if they gunned for it.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
MS makes about $60 billion profit per year. And grows bigger every year. It might even be $70B this year.

They already bought the biggest third party publisher at about that price and literally can just buy with cash profits. And they can do it every year.

EA is $36B and T2 is $15B. That's $51B. Add in a 30% premium and you got $65B again.

If allowed, they can buy EA and T2 with cash profits again if they gunned for it.
So?

Fbh

I'm up for it.
I'm ok with like $50k a year and the understanding that most of my work will be sending daily emails saying "invest in Japan".

Trogdor1123

God, that would be so bad for the industry. I don’t mean just due to ms, but for anyone to have that much of it…

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Asobo, Larian, and Traveller Tales would all be small but meaningful gets.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Konami would be a delicious snack.
If MS got capcom that would be a big OOF to Sony who just acquired EVO.

Maybe it's time to put aside petty differences and share toys.

intbal

They should re-hire Ed Fries.
Loved games more than anyone who ever worked for Microsoft.
Knew exactly the best companies to buy, even though MS wouldn't write him a big enough check at the time.

Hugare

Konami would be a delicious snack.
If MS got capcom that would be a big OOF to Sony who just acquired EVO.

Maybe it's time to put aside petty differences and share toys.
MS wont buy japanese companies

Doubt that Japan would allow it. And the market there is already lost for them. Even Sony is looking more and more to the western market.

MS wont buy japanese companies

Doubt that Japan would allow it. And the market there is already lost for them. Even Sony is looking more and more to the western market.
That's not remotely true. Japan will allow it. Japan only has strict policies on Japan's Security infrastructure.

Look at PayPal acquiring a Japanese company about 8 months ago for about $2.7 billion dollars.

Top Bottom