• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Is Reportedly 'Heavily Involved' With Big Third Party Studios For Future Exclusives

Banjo64

cumsessed
Bledburne 2; Electric Boogaloo

An Xbox / From Soft collaboration from the minds who bought us Dark Souls 2. Episodic content, day 4 on Game Pass.

Right you keep believing that. Think about what you’ve done whilst sitting in my ignore list.
C'Mon then name these exclusives out on the PS5. You must remember the likes of Sackboy, Spiderman can be played on the PS4 and please don't list Allstars, it be like me using Gears of War Tactics

cireza

Banned
LOL LOL LOL idiot.

Think about what you’ve done whilst sitting in my ignore list.
giphy.gif

You okay ?

Last edited:

RGB'D

I think it's pretty simple: if this is buying to keep an already multi-platform game off another console that is poor taste. SONY does this more than Microsoft and should be held to the same standard around Deathloop/Kena/FF7Remake/Ghostwire/Destiny/FinalFantasyXVI/etc. But it's also bad when Microsoft does it (Tomb Raider).

If Microsoft is going to a studio and saying "hey you make good games. Let's pay you to make a brand new game for Xbox and fund it" and you are complaining about that,, then you are a whining console warriors. It's incredibly hypocritical at that point because in that train of thought Bloodborne/all ps2&ps3 Era insomniac/Returnal/etc. should be multiplat...

Concern

I've never been a fan of these moneyhats. But reading this thread and the double standards from the fanboys bitching over this. Now I hope they moneyhat everything they can.

Either way it won't affect me since I always own both.

djjinx2

There will be 2 more big exclusives by June. How many coming out for Xbox during that time? Do tell?

How has this guy been here since 2013 lol, enjoy the ban!

On topic I hope it's MS funding new IPs, any 3rd party moneyhats are bad, with Sony being the worst by a long way, though MS was nasty with the Tomb Raider moneyhat.

Jaysen

Banned
Fund games that otherwise wouldn’t have gotten made. Stop buying games just to take them away from other gamers. That’s directed at Sony and MS.

Jaysen

Banned
I used to be staunchly against exclusives but until Sony stops MS should absolutely go hard with exclusives. Sony has 75% marketshare for home consoles. The Sony fans bitching want that monopoly to continue.
Any hypocritical Sony fan bitching must have a real short memory considering what Sony did to Sega and Nintendo to achieve that marketshare. Nothing MS does will ever approach that level of bullshit.

My opinion on exclusives is that they're good when a game wouldn't exist otherwise (1st party games, games using 1st party IP, or 3rd party games like Bloodborne or Quantum Break that wouldn't have existed without the support of the platform), because it gives companies incentives to make good games to lure people to their ecosystem. However when exclusive games clearly would've existed on other platforms (Final Fantasy for instance among others), that's where the problem lies, as that doesn't add anything to anybody, just excludes from others. So if it's the former (which at least now seems like the case), this is great, if it's the latter, it's dumb.

reksveks

I mean that's all fine and dandy but it's not what was said.
It was a 'half truth' but I don't think Phil Spencer ever said he would never sign an exclusivity deal for a game as well. You can dislike a tactic and still be 'forced' to do it if the alternative is worse.

I am calling Jim Ryan's a half truth due to the amount of Sony fans whom were confused by the fact that H:FW was also coming to ps4.

Last edited:

KingT731

It was a 'half truth' but I don't think Phil Spencer ever said he would never sign an exclusivity deal for a game as well. You can dislike a tactic and still be 'forced' to do it if the alternative is worse.

I am calling Jim Ryan's a half truth due to the amount of Sony fans whom were confused by the fact that H:FW was also coming to ps4.
I understand where you're coming from on this but I still wouldn't call it a 'half truth either. He didn't mention any title specifically just that he believes there should be 'next gen only experiences' which there are. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the quality of those experiences we have: Ratchet, Destruction All Stars, Demon Souls, Returnal etc.

reksveks

I understand where you're coming from on this but I still wouldn't call it a 'half truth either. He didn't mention any title specifically just that he believes there should be 'next gen only experiences' which there are. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the quality of those experiences we have: Ratchet, Destruction All Stars, Demon Souls, Returnal etc.
I would just cause at the initial H:FW trailer, there was no mention of the PS4 which I know he didn't have mention but it was a very leading trailer.

To be fair, I had a bunch of issues with thier trailers and how confusing it was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom