• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Is Reportedly 'Heavily Involved' With Big Third Party Studios For Future Exclusives

iJudged

Banned
MS about to buy its way to peoples wallets
The Shining GIF

Mmnow

But weren't exclusives anti consumer? 🤣
Exclusives are always anti-consumer by definition. "Buy our box to play these games, because your box that'd run them perfectly well doesn't have access to it" does not have your best interests at heart.

But as is said every time this comes along, these are businesses and unless both Sony and Microsoft quit it, it's going to continue. Its a draw to their product. If one gives up and the other doesn't, why would you buy one over the other?

Last edited:
I'm just happy because it looks like they're competing. For part of the Xbox One's life I felt like they just gave up and stopped competing for the most part

I feel like we're about to get a Xbox 360 vs PS3 type battle between the two while Nintendo ignores everyone and prints money :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Good times ahead fellas, no reason for you all to be going at each other. Peace that shxt out!

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
You people look at this all wrong. MS and Sony are both giving you reasons to jump into their ecosystem. This is good for everyone as long as you can afford both systems.
How do people resist buying them all? Generations last like 10yrs. I'll have them all by then. (If their in stock by then. 😂) I'm excited MS is going hard.

I do wish I would of resisted Demon Souls though and bought the X first.

ShaikhCroft

Don't tell me everyone forgot about Tomb Raider already.

Honestly the amount of backlash they received from that was pretty insane when they were at least up front about it, meanwhile no one even knows when FF7R will hit Xbox and there doesn't seem to be too much uproar over that.
Exactly. FFs are always Sony friendly title! But even when Sony had the Dude Raider (which you may call Uncharted) in their pocket, people lost shit over MS getting one year exclusivity deal for Rise of the Tomb Raider!

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You people look at this all wrong. MS and Sony are both giving you reasons to jump into their ecosystem. This is good for everyone as long as you can afford both systems.
They are giving pc players reasons to just stay on pc.

PC seems to get the best treatment this gen.

Chessmate

Banned
Just give me a break, Phil, please. Can't handle this constant excitement anymore. Come and get my Series X, I'll order a PS5. 😔

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
But weren't exclusives anti consumer? 🤣

No, exclusives are often bad for consumers indeed, and very few in this forum have said otherwise. What you're most likely feeling is the entertainment some people are having in enjoying seeing some Sony fans being concerned about MS apparently being firmly and confidently on track playing this game even better than Sony for a change.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
There's a difference between a market leader gobbling up exclusives vs an underdog just trying to compete.
I totally get your point,. Sony trying to moneyhat everything in sight is absolutely disgusting. I would prefer not to see Xbox follow the same disgusting path.

Either buy the damn 3rd party studio, develop a new exclusive game with a 3rd party that wouldn't get made otherwise or get it day 1 on Game Pass but leave it available on other platforms.

DaGwaphics

I'll reserve judgement on these. If these are titles that would have happened anyway and MS is just playing keep-away, that's not great. If MS is funding projects that couldn't have existed otherwise in trade for full/temporary exclusivity or even a GP deal, that can be a good thing for everybody.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Exclusives are good for the industry. Devs get more money for their games. They get to focus on fewer platforms which saves time. The fact that they need to please their first party payer means they are more inclined to ship a polished game.

I am against buying exclusives just for the sake of buying exclusives. For example, Rise of Tomb Raider was basically done and didnt need MS money. But titanfall which was in development hell and needed MS money was a good get. If MS is getting in mid development or early development, thats ok.

I hate 3rd party deals. Don’t care who or what, I hate them. Use the money to purchase or to develop, not to hurt gamers. MS was awful about it for a while, then Sony did it for a while, and I say fuck them both.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Go check the sony thread about how they were approaching all third party’s this gen for making exclusives or timesd exclusives and how sony fanboys were applauding the move 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
I think you might have missed my first post in this thread.

Timed, 3rd party exclusive is the best scenario, all things being equal.

Like I mentioned in another thread....no one batted an eye about Sunset Overdrive. I dont think too many even really care its not on a Playstation console.

My 2nd post was really a dig at someone trying to say buying an entire publisher was fine, and timed exclusives were far worse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom