• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is planning to offer at least 5 new exclusives across the next year

Roxkis_ii

HtMG9Rt.jpg
After how this year is looking so far, I would be embarrassed to post that.

After how this year is looking so far, I would be embarrassed to post that.

They were last year's best publisher with the highest mark ever. That, my friend, constitutes a receipt of Microsoft backing up their talk with action.

Games aren't made in a couple of weeks. They take time. Xbox has an insane games lineup that's about to become even crazier this Sunday.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Xbox did a good year last year, but going a full year without a game is not gonna cut it.

That said, if the games do come out in the first half of 2023 then fine. It is what it is, but they cant be small titles like Psychonauts. I want Starfield, Redfall, Forza 8 (next gen only), Hellblade 2 and one more big exclusive to make up for the empty 2022.

With Sony essentially punting this E3, its time for MS to show the PS owners just what next gen can do. It's time for them to take charge like how sony did in the PS4 era. Show us your vision.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Was is tho? It came down to Halo and Forza like always and I guess Flight Simulator that had already released for PC before. It's better then what they had in 2020 and what they seem to have in 2022 but still a long shot from what they promised.

Forza Horizon looks like a success but Halo was an embarrassment, just look at the trailer they had in 2018 and compare it to what they delivered. They talked about a 10 year plan but they didn't have a proper year one plan, with the game missing basic functionalities. Ultimately Phil Spencer has failed to deliver on his promises for almost a decade yet people still give him the benefit of the doubt, I'll never understand that.

Do you think they'll have something big besides Forza this year? I think that's very unlikely.

It's tragic you won't be able to troll the living shit out of the Xbox showcase this Sunday. You must be devastated

Robb

Gold Member
Cool, I hope they spread them out though. Last year they just pushed everything in to the last quarter, would be nice to have a more even distribution of their first party games.

FalsettoVibe

Gold Member
Why? Last year was embarrassing for Sony but they're doing well this year. These things happen.
A year where with Returnal, R&C Rift Apart, FF7R: Intergrade, Guilty Gear Stive Death Stranding DC, Kena and more was embarrassing? Come on......
Also, what's with the love for the word embarrassing nowadays?

Last edited:

begotten

That's cool, but lets hope at least 1 of them can be on the level of Sony's exclusives. I truly mean that for their sake, kind of over just hearing about shit and the over-promising / hype from them.

Kimahri

Banned
The next year will be XBOX YEAR!!*

* - said Microsoft every year for past 7 years.

Give me some games MS!! I want to play them!
People whine and complain while I'm enjoying games like Halo Infinite, Psychonauts 2, Ori, Wasteland 3, Gears, Forza, Age of Empires etc etc.

I dunno, maybe actually playing the games they publish instead of whining abouy them would make you happier?

Forza 8, Starfield and Redfall are set. What are the other two games? Avowed would be lit but releasing it close to Starfield would be kinda weird.

Lognor

Banned
It is a down year for Microsoft. Best, I think, to just leave it at that as it wasn't a good counter.
Yes. It was. Last year was the best year ever for ms and a down year for ms. While it's not the best year ever for Sony this year it's SIGNIFICANTLY better than last year. Every one will have a down year. Nintendo has one last year too. I wouldn't use the word embarrassing, only to prove a point

Some third person games in the vein of Sony first party stuff I want to see. I liked the look of Hellblade 2 when that was shown and hope to see more like that.

Don’t care for yet more Forza and the first person games.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what the next overplayed talking point will be after "xBoX hAs No GaMeS"

I presume this includes Starfield, Redfall, and Forza Motorsport, that leaves 2+ announced exclusives releasing within the next year, pretty exciting

Topher

Gold Member
Yes. It was. Last year was the best year ever for ms and a down year for ms. While it's not the best year ever for Sony this year it's SIGNIFICANTLY better than last year. Every one will have a down year. Nintendo has one last year too. I wouldn't use the word embarrassing, only to prove a point

You didn't prove any point at all.

Mephisto40

Yeah, Microsoft won best publisher of 2021 because all their games are mediocre games marketed as the second coming of Jesus Christ.
Microsoft Flight Simulator - Good Game
Psychonauts 2 - Meh
Age Of Empires IV - Meh
Forza Horizon - Good Game
Halo Infinite - Meh

Yeh great publishing year for Microsoft that 2021 was, what an absolute powerhouse of a release schedule...

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
You didn't prove any point at all.
Huh
Do you disagree that Sony had a down year last year and MS has a down year this year? Do you disagree that MS had their best year ever last year? Someone said MS has the highest meta score of any publisher ever last year, but I haven't confirmed that personally. Do you not agree that Sony is having a much better year this year? That these things happen and publishers may have a down year once in a while? I mean come on. It's not that hard to grasp

Topher

Gold Member
Huh
Do you disagree that Sony had a down year last year and MS has a down year this year? Do you disagree that MS had their best year ever last year? Someone said MS has the highest meta score of any publisher ever last year, but I haven't confirmed that personally. Do you not agree that Sony is having a much better year this year? That these things happen and publishers may have a down year once in a while? I mean come on. It's not that hard to grasp

Sony didn't have a "down year". That is what you need to grasp. Once you do, you'll realize how absurd your post was.

Lognor

Banned
Sony didn't have a "down year". That is what you need to grasp. Once you do, you'll realize how absurd your post was.
Well it's an opinion, like the other poster's opinion. Sony had a couple of re-releases, returnal and ratchet. They usually have something like hzd, tlou, uncharted, etc. That's why a lot of people have a ps. You have your opinion. I have mine. The other poster's has his

Tommi84

Halo Infinite, Psychonauts, Gears
Not interested

Finished on Steam. Second part though, hope it's enough.

Wastelands 3
Have PS4 disc on my backlog

Have like 30hours in Horizon 4. H5 is meh. Forza 7 - played a bit, but then stopped - not my cup of tea.

I dunno, maybe actually playing the games they publish instead of whining abouy them would make you happier?
Ohh, I also played Hellblade xD. Had Gamepass for half I year, played (for more than like 30min to check them) only Forza and Hellblade I'm pretty sure. The rest I can play on Sony's console or where not interesting for me to even start them.

Oh, well. Let's wait for Starfield this ye... wait, sorry :D. MS needs to start delivering games, so Sony can remove their head from their *sses and stop making my life worse by silly charges for upgrades for example and include more games in the PS Premium offering.

Topher

Gold Member
Sony had a couple of re-releases, returnal and ratchet.

Which you are comparing to a year that currently consists of nothing. You are trying to equate "down years" but they are not equatable.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Not interested

Finished on Steam. Second part though, hope it's enough.

Have PS4 disc on my backlog

Have like 30hours in Horizon 4. H5 is meh. Forza 7 - played a bit, but then stopped - not my cup of tea.

Ohh, I also played Hellblade xD. Had Gamepass for half I year, played (for more than like 30min to check them) only Forza and Hellblade I'm pretty sure. The rest I can play on Sony's console or where not interesting for me to even start them.

Oh, well. Let's wait for Starfield this ye... wait, sorry :D. MS needs to start delivering games, so Sony can remove their head from their *sses and stop making my life worse by silly charges for upgrades for example and include more games in the PS Premium offering.

You're doing a fantastic job of destroying your own argument.

I rest my case.

DaGwaphics

Maths is obviously not your thing. Or the people that agreed with you for that matter.

What is 12 divided by 5?

"Pretty much ever since they came up with gamepass" How the fuck were they going to do that with 6 studios?

Agreed. I don't think I remember them even stating that as a goal until after the Bethesda deal closed. Definitely not something they ever said years and years ago.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
People whine and complain while I'm enjoying games like Halo Infinite, Psychonauts 2, Ori, Wasteland 3, Gears, Forza, Age of Empires etc etc.

Sorry to barge in but "etc etc" is my favorite game from Xbox.

Why are all of you so angry?

PhaseJump

Banned
Xbox has me as a big customer, hundreds of games, multiple consoles each generation, and all I ever want is first party support to show up with Japanese games. Make the huge investment, acquire some big studios, pay for the fucking weird games that made console gaming different and dominated the industry growth in the first place.

They have never fully replaced Sega yet. They built this massive, awesome platform with a gaping hole in the middle of it's lineup. Exclusively absent releases for a ton of 3rd party JRPGs, yet no response other than a late port every once in a while.

It's absurd that I can look back at the Xbox One and think that the most exciting parts of it for me were backwards compatibility showing up. They didn't even get their stupid talking head "Inside Xbox" scene to acknowledge Lost Odyssey being 10 years old in Japan, or in USA. It was just another bullshit day (both of them) for all their social media feeds.

I figure Sunday will be like last year. Awesome and to the point. Also like last year, I will forget about it after a week or two and maybe feel the hype when they make a random headline news cycle over the next year regarding acquisitions. Maybe that rush of possibility and speculation will meet with a surprise "Oh, yeah!" as a game pass day 1 install, around something forgotten, finally shows up. I'll get a solid week or two out of my Xbox hardware before returning to it being the mundane vehicle for old game backlogs, dashboard ads, and streaming services I use to watch old TV shows after I realize I don't have any interest in playing half of the new bullshit multiplayer games being offered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom