• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is considering letting players reduce game performance to save energy on PC

Mowcno

Think AMD have Radeon chill that basically does this already. Outside of the lowering FPS on static screens thing anyone can lower their own settings to save power.

Paasei

I don’t build my PC for limitations, fuck off with your Tesla’s, so I can have more power.

Last edited:

Lasha

You know what uses insane amounts of energy?

Cloud infrastructures.

Cloud saves energy though since the datacenters are built dense and each client only uses what they need. Shared infrastructure is far more efficient than every company needing to purchase at least 1-2 units of space to run servers that are only like 40% utilized.

Puscifer

Gold Member
Papa Elon wants $25K to put them on mine along with 2 of his super batteries and I'm seriously considering it.
See if your state has some rebates, some solar companies will just soak those up and install them on your house but READ THOSE FUCKING CONTRACTS.

Top Bottom