• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox - I need to get my thoughts out..

Goalus

That's just an extra s that sneaked on the sentence (unless you want to count Minesweepers in that case the s can stay).

You can also change "being" to "becoming" and my sentence works just fine.

I didn't made up "facts" I speculated (and I'll likely be proven right anyway, just wait a bit more).

I any case, I take that back. Only their biggest franchise was turned into a F2P, so far.
OK, in this case I correct my statement as well:
On PS5 you get a remaster of a 2-year-old game and a new game that could easily be served als DLC of the original game.

Go back to 2007, and things were very different, because Sony were

I remember N4G being alot different back then. There were definitely alot more Xbox fans on that site then they are now.

In general, the distribution of the fanbases on the site has a relationship with the number of systems sold. The more systems that you sell the bigger your fanbase will be. As a general rule that's reflected in the forums on the internet.

Just something that I've noticed over the years.

Freeman

Banned
OK, in this case I correct my statement as well:
On PS5 you get a remaster of a 2-year-old game and a new game that could easily be served als DLC of the original game.
You don't know that, again with the FUD, seems like your thing. Do better.

I thought Xbox was really going to blow the roof off with the Inside Xbox show but I should've known better

Every time I get hyped for a Xbox showing they let me down. E3 2013 was amazing though IMO
You thought that because they pretty much were shouting on the rooftops that they were. They set everyone up to disappointment and they seem unable to not do it, by over hyping everything.

Last edited:

onQ123

Before this thread gets locked I just want to give my honest opinion that most people will not like but it's clearly what is going on.

Everything that you're seeing is Microsoft gracefully bowing out of the console race . They do not have faith that they can sell enough consoles to carry a standalone platform. Consoles will be a small part of Xbox going forward & we will most likely see a lot of devices that will play Xbox games.

CAB_Life

How old are you people and what were you expecting? Every console launch has had its “giant enemy crab”, barely-out-the-door software that they throw at you on launch day simply to pad the library.

This upcoming gen is no different, but Gamepass+most powerful hardware+best place to play multiplats+eventual stuff like Fable and Everwild, imo, makes just as compelling a case as Sony’s. If you were expecting “more”, I’d suggest temper your expectations with reality and go back and look at the launch lineups of previous gens. And I mean day and date stuff, not ”stuff that came in the first 6 months”. It’s all been shovelware like Knack or worse. I guess MS had Ryse last gen, which at least made a case for the hardware since it was undeniably something you couldn’t do on PS360. But the outliers are few and far between.

Well... I think that the Xbox you want doesn't exist at this moment.

That's why I retreated from the console hill. I was looking forward to my console dad ex-pcmr retirement, but MS did everything to keep me out of their Xbox ecosystem. Will be sticking to PC for a while longer it seems... I wish I could just buy a tiny plastic box and be happy with it. But the current offerings are just insulting. I still have hope for the future though.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Because Sony haven’t consistently put out mixed messaging, and their showcase was also much “bigger” then what Microsoft has hyped up really.
they do put out mixed messages to, lets not let them off where they have shown footage of games in the past saying its running on hardware and the final product looks nothing like what they shown. I am looking at you motorstorm, both events where underwhelming. I have both consoles and will get both next gen but nothing has wowed me from either side. I will say the xbox event showcased a wider variety of games imo

TimFL

Where are you getting that info? Please share more with us (unless it's just FUD, in that you can keep it to yourself).
Probably talking about the Miles spinoff game, which was confirmed to be the PS4 games base tweaked for next gen. It‘s not a „true next gen version“, that‘ll be Spider-Man 2.

Freeman

Banned
Probably talking about the Miles spinoff game, which was confirmed to be the PS4 games base tweaked for next gen. It‘s not a „true next gen version“, that‘ll be Spider-Man 2.
I don't think it was described like that. It's a stand alone nextgen game. We saw this approach before with Uncharted Lost Legacy and it worked great, the only diference is that they are making it nextgen only this time (something I don't have a problem with at all).

Last edited:

INC

If you buy Series X, you get the best of third party games, and the most value for money.

How happy you will be if you chose Series X depends on 2 things
1. how much of a fan you are of Sony games
2. if you are a PCMR already.

Imo Phil has gone all in with Series X, if you are a gamer, i think you will be pleased.

But be patient, we are not seeing too many games yet. Wait for the launch party. :messenger_peace:

Unless those games are running on unreal 5, won't ps5 be better........not sure on the ins and outs of it all, but unreal basically planting its flag in sonys camp

Entroyp

I liked my original Xbox but in my opinion it didn’t hold a candle against the PS2. However, the X360 blew my mind and I became a fan of that console almost from day 1..... until around 2010-11, when I noticed MS becoming less and less focused on the things it made me like the console.

We know what happened next... xone, tv tv, PR lies left and right, crazy fandom like TD etc etc, Exclusives were shit for the most part.

I’m not an Xbox fan but that’s only because MS stopped catering to me a decade ago. Having said that I always kept an eye on what MS was up to, and still somehow always felt disappointment.

The XsX feels like a step in the right direction, Gamepass is great but I don’t feel for the content in it yet, and we have the recent showing which was disappointing to me but showed us a glimpse of MS finding their way and their place in the gaming industry. Halo being F2P is a genius move and I’m sure there is way more line this for us in store.

VAVA Mk2

Before I even start, this is NOT a hate thread. If anything my frustration comes from love. Really I've just been thinking about this a lot since the showcase last month, and needed to put my thoughts into words. I'm going to put my thoughts into categories starting with the current console.

Xbox One: Gonna make this relatively quick. They fucked up, and fucked up early giving the generation away before it started. The last few years though got me hyped again. They released two great consoles in the Xbox One S and X, and Playground gave up 2 of the best racing games ever made with Horizon 3/4. It gave me hope for the next console, along with the ridiculous value that GamePass holds. They really turned it around bringing me to my next point..

Series X: I feel let down. The beginning of the marketing was great. That initial reveal trailer got me pretty damn hyped, and the thought of a next gen Halo (one of my favorite franchises) was so enticing despite 4/5/MCC being a letdown personally in many ways (though great in others).
  • Their marketing has taken a roll downhill. They seem to contradict themselves left and right making it confusing as to what is actually the truth. They have hyped up showcases only for them to come out and be completely underwhelming. Their ecosystem strategy is on one hand pretty cool, but on the other frustrating. I think it's great for some people that especially in these times may not have the money to shell out for a new console, and they've stated that their first party games will be cross-get for awhile (2 years maybe?). I think it also just removes a lot of the hype for a new console. New consoles should give up new things to be excited about, new things possible by developing specifically for a new console (especially a console without a shit CPU, and slow HDD). But what is true? Multiple games have be shown as Series X exclusive from their 1st party studios so the question is: Are these games simply just so far out that they aren't part of the original statement? Or are you picking and choosing and therefore confusing people?
  • Do you want people to buy your new console? Or do you not care? Do console generations matter or not? It's all so unclear from their marketing which is disappointing.
  • What games come out at launch outside of Halo? A Series X port of some years old games like Horizon 4 and Gears 5? We are getting a console launch without a NEW flagship racing title, and that seems weird.

Game showcases: Some great games have been shown in these but overall were pretty underwhelming. I remember liking some games but outside of The Medium I can't actually pick out a single game that I'm like oh fuck yeah lets go. First one was a "Gameplay Showcase" almost completely void of gameplay. Then they hyped up a First Party showcase which let a lot of people down. You have Rare's game that they don't even know what it is yet. Then you have Fable which was a short teaser and completely CGI. It's like that ESVI teaser. Just why? If it's so far out that you can't show us anything more then CGI teaser then why show us anything at all? And then ...

Halo: I love Halo despite getting a late start on it. I've read the books, I've spent hundreds of hours playing, hundreds of hours reading lore and watching lore videos. The world of Halo is just so rich.
  • I don't want to focus on graphics as if the game is "open world" then it is harder to push fidelity then something like 4/5. Outside of 3/Reach Halo has never been a graphical showcase IMO but a flagship next gen title SHOULD look better then upscaled Halo Reach from 2010. BUT my problem is they kept this under wraps for soooo long which built up hype so so high despite 343i's other games being looked down on by many (I have my problems with those but that's not the point of the thread).
  • We are 3-4 months out from the launch of the consoles, they are on bug fix duty at this point. This won't be fixed by launch, and it reminds me of MCC which has the worst launch of any game I can think of. You can't delay Halo without delaying Series X and it's too late to delay the console. If they had shown us that in like March or April it wouldn't have been nearly as big of a disappointment to see a game that looks much worse then Halo 5 on XBO X. Gameplay looks pretty good but animations and effects just quit and disappear immediately. It's just obvious it's not ready for release. But then 343i tells us they are aware of the criticisms but remind us that it's pushing a new audio engine? What?
  • The announcement of F2P Multiplayer (and 120fps as well on Series X) got me hyped initially but then I remembered what goes hand in hand with F2P games...microtransactions. You could point to Warzone as a way to not ruin a F2P game with them but COD has never really been about deep customization. Halo has been and I can see them ruining it with micro transactions. You want this cool shoulder armor? Well pay for it. This visor? Pay for it. Does it affect the gameplay? No but it is integral in what makes Halo MP customizable without attachments and weapons like in COD.

I want Xbox to wow me so badly. I want to go out and buy a Series X and play an epic mind blowing Halo game. I want to play a gorgeous 60/120fps racing title. I want competition back. I want Xbox to do something great, and make Sony do better as well. Now I have issues with PS5 as well, and honestly neither of the new consoles are really making it known why I should buy them this fall.

I am frustrated because I love Xbox as a brand. I don't want this to turn into console war bullshit, but I just felt like I needed to put my thoughts into words.
Microsoft has said no microtransactions for HI if I remember correctly?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I don't think it was described like that. It's a stand alone nextgen game. We saw this approach before with Uncharted Lost Legacy and it worked great, the only diference is that they are making it nextgen only this time (something I don't have a problem with at all).
they did say it was a ps4 game "upgraded" to ps5

Before I even start, this is NOT a hate thread. If anything my frustration comes from love. Really I've just been thinking about this a lot since the showcase last month, and needed to put my thoughts into words. I'm going to put my thoughts into categories starting with the current console.

Xbox One: Gonna make this relatively quick. They fucked up, and fucked up early giving the generation away before it started. The last few years though got me hyped again. They released two great consoles in the Xbox One S and X, and Playground gave up 2 of the best racing games ever made with Horizon 3/4. It gave me hope for the next console, along with the ridiculous value that GamePass holds. They really turned it around bringing me to my next point..

Series X: I feel let down. The beginning of the marketing was great. That initial reveal trailer got me pretty damn hyped, and the thought of a next gen Halo (one of my favorite franchises) was so enticing despite 4/5/MCC being a letdown personally in many ways (though great in others).
  • Their marketing has taken a roll downhill. They seem to contradict themselves left and right making it confusing as to what is actually the truth. They have hyped up showcases only for them to come out and be completely underwhelming. Their ecosystem strategy is on one hand pretty cool, but on the other frustrating. I think it's great for some people that especially in these times may not have the money to shell out for a new console, and they've stated that their first party games will be cross-get for awhile (2 years maybe?). I think it also just removes a lot of the hype for a new console. New consoles should give up new things to be excited about, new things possible by developing specifically for a new console (especially a console without a shit CPU, and slow HDD). But what is true? Multiple games have be shown as Series X exclusive from their 1st party studios so the question is: Are these games simply just so far out that they aren't part of the original statement? Or are you picking and choosing and therefore confusing people?
  • Do you want people to buy your new console? Or do you not care? Do console generations matter or not? It's all so unclear from their marketing which is disappointing.
  • What games come out at launch outside of Halo? A Series X port of some years old games like Horizon 4 and Gears 5? We are getting a console launch without a NEW flagship racing title, and that seems weird.

Game showcases: Some great games have been shown in these but overall were pretty underwhelming. I remember liking some games but outside of The Medium I can't actually pick out a single game that I'm like oh fuck yeah lets go. First one was a "Gameplay Showcase" almost completely void of gameplay. Then they hyped up a First Party showcase which let a lot of people down. You have Rare's game that they don't even know what it is yet. Then you have Fable which was a short teaser and completely CGI. It's like that ESVI teaser. Just why? If it's so far out that you can't show us anything more then CGI teaser then why show us anything at all? And then ...

Halo: I love Halo despite getting a late start on it. I've read the books, I've spent hundreds of hours playing, hundreds of hours reading lore and watching lore videos. The world of Halo is just so rich.
  • I don't want to focus on graphics as if the game is "open world" then it is harder to push fidelity then something like 4/5. Outside of 3/Reach Halo has never been a graphical showcase IMO but a flagship next gen title SHOULD look better then upscaled Halo Reach from 2010. BUT my problem is they kept this under wraps for soooo long which built up hype so so high despite 343i's other games being looked down on by many (I have my problems with those but that's not the point of the thread).
  • We are 3-4 months out from the launch of the consoles, they are on bug fix duty at this point. This won't be fixed by launch, and it reminds me of MCC which has the worst launch of any game I can think of. You can't delay Halo without delaying Series X and it's too late to delay the console. If they had shown us that in like March or April it wouldn't have been nearly as big of a disappointment to see a game that looks much worse then Halo 5 on XBO X. Gameplay looks pretty good but animations and effects just quit and disappear immediately. It's just obvious it's not ready for release. But then 343i tells us they are aware of the criticisms but remind us that it's pushing a new audio engine? What?
  • The announcement of F2P Multiplayer (and 120fps as well on Series X) got me hyped initially but then I remembered what goes hand in hand with F2P games...microtransactions. You could point to Warzone as a way to not ruin a F2P game with them but COD has never really been about deep customization. Halo has been and I can see them ruining it with micro transactions. You want this cool shoulder armor? Well pay for it. This visor? Pay for it. Does it affect the gameplay? No but it is integral in what makes Halo MP customizable without attachments and weapons like in COD.

I want Xbox to wow me so badly. I want to go out and buy a Series X and play an epic mind blowing Halo game. I want to play a gorgeous 60/120fps racing title. I want competition back. I want Xbox to do something great, and make Sony do better as well. Now I have issues with PS5 as well, and honestly neither of the new consoles are really making it known why I should buy them this fall.

I am frustrated because I love Xbox as a brand. I don't want this to turn into console war bullshit, but I just felt like I needed to put my thoughts into words.
I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to buy a Series X, but I have to admit, the best thing going for Xbox right now is their Game Pass program. Chances are they'll make multiplayer free and just have the Game Pass subscription with everything rolled into one. I think they want to be the Netflix of gaming, which is something I'm not against. Sony is already using Microsoft servers, and what are the odds in the future that Sony games are offered on Microsoft's "Netflix" service with the caveat you still need a Sony console to play them. Maybe Nintendo could be a part of that as well. A single subscription service that gives you access to tons of titles across all platforms, but still need said consoles to play them. Gearing up to be an interesting generation.

Mmnow

I advise you to stop spreading false information as if it was a fact then. That is dishonest.

I'd love for them to be wrong,but the latest rumour is that Miles Morales "comes" with a remaster of the original game.

Which would make it a remaster with original content, spun to make it sound more attractive.

If you're happy with that, and if it turns out to be true, fine. But don't believe the weird standalone spin.

Freeman

Banned
Microsoft has said no microtransactions for HI if I remember correctly?
So it's a F2P game without microtransactions? So is MS in the charity business now?

I'd love for them to be wrong,but the latest rumour is that Miles Morales "comes" with a remaster of the original game.

Which would make it a remaster with original content, spun to make it sound more attractive.

If you're happy with that, and if it turns out to be true, fine. But don't believe the weird standalone spin.
If TLoU2 came with TLoU remastered would it make TLoU2 a remaster as well? That doesn't make sense. If Sony is hiding this they are stupid, it's going to have to launch at some point and people will find out.

I'm not saying it a full on sequel, I'm just saying it isn't just a remaster. Why is it being standalone a spin if we saw Sony doing that already with very good results?

Last edited:

onQ123

If you buy Series X, you get the best of third party games, and the most value for money.

How happy you will be if you chose Series X depends on 2 things
1. how much of a fan you are of Sony games
2. if you are a PCMR already.

Imo Phil has gone all in with Series X, if you are a gamer, i think you will be pleased.

But be patient, we are not seeing too many games yet. Wait for the launch party. :messenger_peace:

Nowhere have we seen any proof of this , None!

Aladin

if Xbox was giving the game away, sony would not be playing egg-chicken with ms to announce price.

I am going for an xbox because,
1. I love Halo infinite reveal, i love 60fps.
2. Gamepass
3. xbox going cross-gen, means it will lower the cost of entry into gaming for billions of gamers.
xbox series s with gamepass will be cheap enough, that i could convince my friends to purchase it and join me.

This is my first console. I am also of the opinion that, with playstation exclusives going for 20$, its not very expensive either.

VAVA Mk2

So it's a F2P game without microtransactions? So is MS in the charity business now?

If TLoU2 came with TLoU remastered would it make TLoU2 a remaster as well? That doesn't make sense. If Sony is hiding this they are stupid, it's going to have to launch at some point and people will find out.

I'm not saying it a full on sequel, I'm just saying it isn't just a remaster. Why is it being standalone a spin if we saw Sony doing that already with very good results?
Might have mixed up microtransactions with loot boxes. My bad.

Quasicat

I agree with not being too hyped up for the new machines. Instead, I’m really excited for the Unreal 5 Engine and what it means with Fortnite. It looks beautiful on current gen hardware and I imagine that it will be incredible on next gen based on that demo they did a few months ago. I say this, but I’m hoping to pick up the X at launch anyway, just for the speed and The convenience in hopping between games instantly and the reduced loading times. Otherwise, I have a One X that will still look impressive for the next year or so.

Mmnow

If it was the main launch title, if it was less than 10 hours long and it was being touted as standalone, "TLOU2" would be ripped apart for the original game being the bulk of the content. It'd be a remaster with a little additional dlc.

Same as Spider-man.

I've got no problem a remaster existing, although I wouldn't be happy paying for it again. But I don't like being marketed to and this whole business has the stink of marketing. If it's true - and only time will tell - they're trying to pretend the remaster is a bonus and the new content is the game.

That's not inherently bad. I don't mind other people paying for the original game again. Just call it for what it is.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
You don't know that, again with the FUD, seems like your thing. Do better.

You thought that because they pretty much were shouting on the rooftops that told they were. They set everyone up to disappointment and they seem unable to not do it, by over hyping everything.
Yep and it's odd because this is like the 4th time I've fell for it in a span of a few years. I know the consoles are on par but I expected Xbox to have some mic drops moments

But I truly think they're all in on gamepass and service gaming, which I don't like

Hobbygaming

If it was the main launch title, if it was less than 10 hours long and it was being touted as standalone, "TLOU2" would be ripped apart for the original game being the bulk of the content. It'd be a remaster with a little additional dlc.

Same as Spider-man.

I've got no problem a remaster existing, although I wouldn't be happy paying for it again. But I don't like being marketed to and this whole business has the stink of marketing. If it's true - and only time will tell - they're trying to pretend the remaster is a bonus and the new content is the game.

That's not inherently bad. I don't mind other people paying for the original game again. Just call it for what it is.
Well the comparison they gave is a full game, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Miles Morales is open world with side missions too so it's going to be a decent length

It has literally everything a traditional sequel would have too

anothertech

I think the real bombs hit when prices are revealed.

And there's going to be hell to pay for the guy that misfires...

Freeman

Banned

Same as Spider-man.

You even know how long the new Spider-man is?

OP you dont have to buy a new console, nobody is putting a knife to your throat.
xbox will offer a competent cpu and gpu that would get someone to around 2080 levels, for a fraction of the cost. this along with gamepass shenanigans brings the value in frame.
if you dont see value in that, dont buy. simple.

Because Sony haven’t consistently put out mixed messaging, and their showcase was also much “bigger” then what Microsoft has hyped up really.
dont forget that microsoft showed stuff from only 60% of their first party studios, and about "mixed messaging", it depends on your point of view. for me, listening all this blabbering about how ssd conquers everything, and still no hardware stripdown, is a much more mixed message

Mmnow

You even know how long the new Spider-man is?

Do you? I'll answer - no, you don't.

The good news is that it's beside the point. If it's a 50 hour game, I'll accept the remaster being a bonus and the blunder about standalone/remaster is just a bizzare bit of misinformation, a slip of the tongue from that executive.

We know it's not 50 hours though. Speedrunners will probably do it in a tenth of that.

So at what point does it become a remaster with additional content? If the whole base game is included, that's a good start. If it's got entirely the same map, that'd cement it.

And again, this isn't a bad thing. There's no need to get defensive. If you're happy with that, you wouldn't be alone.

But just call it a remaster with additional content. The only reason you wouldn't call it that is if you don't want your main launch title to be a remaster.

But if that's what it is, why bluff?

Freeman

Banned
Do you? I'll answer - no, you don't.

The good news is that it's beside the point. If it's a 50 hour game, I'll accept the remaster being a bonus and the blunder about standalone/remaster is just a bizzare bit of misinformation, a slip of the tongue from that executive.

We know it's not 50 hours though. Speedrunners will probably do it in a tenth of that.

So at what point does it become a remaster with additional content? If the whole base game is included, that's a good start. If it's got entirely the same map, that'd cement it.

And again, this isn't a bad thing. There's no need to get defensive. If you're happy with that, you wouldn't be alone.

But just call it a remaster with additional content. The only reason you wouldn't call it that is if you don't want your main launch title to be a remaster.

But if that's what it is, why bluff?
You are really reaching man, seems like Spider-man MM makes you very anxious. I wonder why...

Last edited:

Mmnow

Well the comparison they gave is a full game, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Miles Morales is open world with side missions too so it's going to be a decent length

It has literally everything a traditional sequel would have too
Time will tell. Lost Legacy was a whole new game. There was very little in it that was shared with Uncharted 4.

If that's what MM is, fantastic. There's no problem. Call it what you want. We have no problem.

If it's DLC sized, set in the same map as the original game with a few different events, that's different.

And this is all ifs. We don't have enough info yet.

Hobbygaming

Time will tell. Lost Legacy was a whole new game. There was very little in it that was shared with Uncharted 4.

If that's what MM is, fantastic. There's no problem. Call it what you want. We have no problem.

If it's DLC sized, set in the same map as the original game with a few different events, that's different.

And this is all ifs. We don't have enough info yet.
We do have some info

New 4D scans and new skin shaders for the character models
A whole new story arc
New set pieces
New enemies
New side missions
Weather
Different swinging style and animations than Peter

Tqaulity

Many people share this opinion OP. The fact is that Microsoft is all over the place (as they typically are) and they are consistently contradicting themselves. One minute it's all about power power power with 12TFLOPs etc but then the next "TFLOPs don't matter". On one hand they keep running down the specs of their "next gen" Series X, but then they keep saying and showing that they do not care where you play their games. In one breath Halo Infinite is "built from the ground up for Series X" and yet they can't show the game actually running on Series X a mere 4 months from launch and one the major Series X exclusive features, ray tracing, won't even be there at launch ::). I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!

The fact is Microsoft don't care where you play and they really aren't even trying to sell the Series X. I guess it's there for those that don't game on PC and want a "high end" experience in the living room and are already at home with Xbox. But everything coming out on it in the near future will be playable on Xbox One, PC, and/or PS5. They haven't showed us what would make gaming on that device unique compared to the others (and no 12 TFLOPs and 4K/60 isn't it since PC and PS5 can match or exceed that).

Think about this....not a single game was confirmed to be running on Series X during their showcase! The much hyped Xbox Games Showcase did not show any confirmed Series X footage. Everything was either PC gameplay or CGI that we know about. That speaks volumes!

Look, I honestly don't know if anyone here truly wants Xbox to come into the next generation with a limp.

What makes console wars heated and interesting during the 360 & Ps3 era and even the current X1 and Ps4 era was how dramatic it was.

360 killing it from the start as the Ps3 stumbles at the starting line, and things heated up as 360 exclusives start drying up and Ps3 just keeps coming at them until it's final year.

It was huge news and dramatic as it unfolded. There's a reason why I had lurked around forums for almost two decades now catching up on console news - it's for all that.

My issue with the Xsex is how much they're limping into the race.

X1 launch was a disaster. Then they brought it the X1X and turned things around a little. They abandoned the war this gen early, and they openly seemed to focus on the next generation.

Microsoft has talked a big game leading up to this year - and everyone could believe it because hey, they've been quiet for a couple of years.

And bam. Hardware specs reveal was ace.

But now, it seems like they're kind of moving on from the traditional approach - which is why a lot of people seem detached with their direction?

Everything new is far off, everything coming soon looks ported, and almost anything is on PC.

Man. When Lost Odyssey & Dead Rising was shown I knew I had to buy a 360.

Now it seems I can get anything from Xbox studios on PC - which I have been.

I just want Xbox to make me want it.

What's this one game - or a slew of games - I can't have anywhere else that makes me want it?

But maybe that's why I don't get why others are excited for Gamepass, I actually want that shiny brand new game made exclusive to a console with a huge first party funding to make it scream "this game was developed with self indulgence" through its gameplay, art direction and graphics.

Without that being shown on the Xsex - and it's need to tell me I can play on my gaming PC all the time - I can't be excited for the Xsex.

Edit: If Xsex was a woman, she'd be the woman you married for 20 years and have let herself go the past 15 and she's been a pillow princess for about 10 of those years.

TL; DR - Competition breeds the best moments of the console wars, exclusives sell consoles.

Last edited:

Aladin

If you compare halo infinite with doom eternal and call of duty modern warfare (2020 titles, high fps shooters). the graphics is good. Just note that it would have ray tracing on series x. Quite enough for a 2020 title. Sony has a bigger loyal customer base and xbox event especially halo infinite reveal became a victim of console warring.

Doom Eternal did pretty well, despite not having realistic graphics. The halo (single player) gameplay video has gotten a huge positive response. It now has 5M views. The message is very clear, microsoft will develop lot of original games. IMO, you could not go wrong with either brand.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Same as Spider-man.

It depends on what they charge for it. If it's $39.99 then to me it's a stand alone expansion with a nice bonus thrown in to make their launch line up look a little better.

If they try to charge full price for it, then to me it's a remaster of a 2yr old game with an expansion thrown in and it's a shitty deal.

The Alien

Banned
Lol at all of this.....

At the end of the day, gaming is supposed to be fun. Go where you are having fun. 9It's a 6-7 year, $500 investment. Its not a life changing descision.

I love my XBOX. I have fun with the games and services. I dig my PS4 and the killer exclusives.

Lastly, I think we all need to check our hype levels on both consoles. Frankly, neither company has blown me away with anything announced yet. Im still having fun and amped for the next 4-5 months.

Freeman

Banned
If you compare halo infinite with doom eternal and call of duty modern warfare (2020 titles, high fps shooters). the graphics is good.
UnsungAdmirableChickadee-size_restricted.gif

Abear21

Banned
Yes marketing and messaging hasn’t been great, but it’s an off year and hyping up a launch that we all know will be lackluster due to shit out of everyone’s control would be a bad idea.

Look at the positives; Xbox is likely to be cheaper than Sony, it’s more powerful, Gamepass is a great deal, Microsoft bought a bunch of studios that are all working to put out games, and 3rd party games like Cyberpunk will likely play and look better on Xbox. I don’t see the need to worry!

longdi

Banned
Unless those games are running on unreal 5, won't ps5 be better........not sure on the ins and outs of it all, but unreal basically planting its flag in sonys camp
Of course not. Series x is most powerful next gen console.

As i was saying, Phil has gone all out for next gen. You will think they already give insane value through gamepass, they could skimp and save on the hardware. But nope, Phil made the best next gen console too. :messenger_peace:

Top Bottom