• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox head Phil Spencer says console tribalism is ‘one of the worst things about our industry’

geordiemp

Not aware of that. You do have any actual evidence? Also any evidence of Phil or any other MS executive telling him to harass anyone would also be helpful.

Its well known....There are lots of videos on youtube, guy needs help.

Of course phil did not tell him or condone it, but giving the guy a high profile is kinda lame...

He’s right. Look at the crap show this place is right now. Everyone arguing over minor differences as if this power gap validates their entire existence. The constant jokes about tools or whatever is going on here, it adds nothing to quality discussion. Arguing over which system plays the game better instead of how great the game is. Sucks. I was excited to post here but some of you people make this place so toxic.

KAL2006

Banned
I think buying up studios isn't tribalism is just Microsoft expanding their studio output and funding more games. However I do think Microsoft are probably the worse in terms of adding to the fire based on their employees. For example way back from the Xbox e days of major Nelson saying "can't even show the box" to this generation where we have some staff on Microsoft team throwing shots. The only time Sony three shots at Microsoft was with the game sharing thing which actually worked.

So I believe if Phil is serious about this he should sit some of his team down and have a talk.

He said "one of" but you didn't read properly and took it as "the worst"
Oh no a mistake on the Internet, quick, call the national guard!

Your thoughts on the ranking of console warrzz in a list of "one of the worst" things in our industry?

Imo, console wars wouldn't even be in the same consideration of "one of the worst" things about the industry

Top Bottom